1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Demolition IED, Reduce Super Transform uptime, or list it as a MapleLegends feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by -ovv, Oct 15, 2023.

1. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    4:49 AM
    I could stand corrected, but I don't think it works through wdef buff. It would be even more OP if it does!

2. Gurk

Gurk Headless Horseman

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    1:49 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    It doesn't, def buff is really more of a flat damage reduction.

3. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    10:49 PM
    Moderator Post
    Correct, only Sacrifice ignores bonus defense of a monster.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Thanks for the data points!

This kind of stuff is really important because I think many players - especially those who haven't run much content at all - look at the DPM flex threads and feel like there's such a wide gap that it must all be gear related, but levels, skill, and team coordination play a huge part in those DPMs, all of which are improved upon by just running more and becoming more familiar with the game. That might be a tall order for some, but to others, that's just a part of the game that keeps us going. What's the point in improving gear and levels if your DPM doesn't improve along with it, right?

And while we're on the topic, I'm still not sure how much DPM would be affected if Demo simply got its IED removed. I'm guessing it'll be noticeable in the dpm flex aspect of it, but otherwise it'll have no immediate effect in run outcome. Any type of marginal DPM nerf will impact the top level players the most because their margins for improvement are much smaller, so clawing back to their former dpm requires significant gear improvements, but we've already seen a similar situation like this with Corsairs and their 5% cannon nerf, yet Corsair DPM records continued to be broken thereafter.

5. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'd like staff to explore this type of counterplay on more 2nd or 3rd job skills (#buffSavageBlow), and possibly change some weapon cancels into high forms of Weapon Defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta

The change that you are describing to Super transformation is irrelevant in the long run. Players will eventually max their skills and reap the full benefit. It is odd that buccaneers have this mastery bonus in addition to all of their other amazing features, but again, removing this will be a fairly large DPM nerf to the class (assuming it adds 5% mastery to all skills and not just demolition). If its only adding 5% mastery to demolition then removing it will be less impactful than i first thought.

Barrel cancel is huge in terms of skill expression, and different players benefit differently depending on how good their timing is. The thread i linked earlier does a good job in explaining it. I personally like this change even though it overtunes buccaneer. If there needs to be changes, I'd rather see it in some other area to keep barrel cancelling.

I think buccaneers identity is a cleave/warrior focused support class. They should be the parallel of archers to nightlord. As it is right now, buccaneers are more of a range class than melee. I think it should be the other way around, more melee than range.

• Agree Agree x 14
  7. soulreload

soulreload Horny Mushroom

Nov 15, 2022
    Male
    5:49 PM
    Deschain
    Outlaw
    NewLeaf
    Can anyone please post a comparison of bucc HT DPM to other classes? With similar gear and level of course. HT is a content where bucc seems to have a tougher time...because many of buccs weaknesses highlights there, like being a melee class without proper stance.

I dont think its fair to compare the dpm on statues.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I'm not really sure why you've repeatedly stated HT is difficult for a Bucc in this thread. As someone who plays both BM, Bucc, and duo attacks with both at the same time, I would rate them to be pretty close in both difficulty and DPM output in HT.

The data you are looking for can be found here. The highest DPM for Bucc on that thread is actually outdated, Tini has put up 9.9m but didn't post it, and her gear is pretty comparable to mine, albeit very slightly better (a difference of around 5 net weapon attack I believe) and my PB is somewhere around 9.5-9.6m.

I'm not sure why it's unfair to compare the DPM difference on statues but not HT, too, but for what it's worth Bucc is infinitely easier on statues than BM, it's not even comparable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    We already got that in the previous page, but you should also participate by providing us with your DPM data since you seem to be concerned about a nerf. While you believe that buccs have a tougher time, other buccs in this thread are also saying HT is pretty easy. This is coming from players that have played classes other than bucc, so they offer a more accurate comparison than someone who has only played bucc.

Edit:
    Based on the DPM compilation thread, the only entry we have to compare to is a 155 Marksman that recorded a 2.43m dpm 45 (120 int). Does that mean Buccs are too strong, or that Marksmen are considerably weaker than Buccs at that stage?

No, those would be wrong assessments. It just makes it more evident that there are factors like gear, player skill differences, and general understanding of the fight that play a huge role in DPM differences. Class balance should be based on potential, not player skill issues.

10. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    While this sounds nice thematically, it does not line up in terms of current class identity. 2/3 warriors want to be cleaving, while Bucc cleave is one of the worst in the game, meaning Buccs generally are not happy hitting the same targets. In cleave situations, it makes more sense to be muling a Bucc since whoever would be actively playing it would be generally not having a great time. Buccs, on the other hand, are happy to blast away at single targets or play control, in the case of PB. For the former, this really only lines up with Paladin identity, as a Hero/DrK attacking a single target is wasted DPM when you could be using a dedicated single-target attacker instead. For the latter, due to Hamstring not working, there is far too much wandering around for melee attackers to truly be happy.

Besides cases where Paladins and Buccs happen to have a good matchup (Nameless, Nib, Verga, Auf, Core Blaze come to mind) there's a non-insignificant identity clash in the things Buccs and warriors want to be hitting, whereas anything an Archer wants to hit, a Night Lord usually wants to hit as well. The match aligns much better for the NL/Archer support dichotomy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    3:49 PM
    Here's a comparison between my bucc and bm HT dpm if it helps:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Using similar gear but there's a ~10 level difference. On my bucc, I would hit focus right head / mid head and cross to hit the left head when there was no heads to hit (so no wing hitting). Same thing on my BM, so I think they're both pretty comparable. Both DPMs encompassed nearly the entirety of the fight.

Edit: I dug up a ss I had for drk ht dpm, although I doubt anyone was curious. For this DPM, I also didn't do any wing cleaving and instead crossed over if both right/mid were cancelled. So this is also fairly comparable to the above two DPMs, I guess.
    Less geared than the above 2, was using a budget spear. Also was pre drk buff/rework (which was in Feb 2023, whereas this ss was from Dec 2022) so this was with a weaker version of drk.
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    An aspect of balancing that I would like to see more debate about is how easy to multiclient the classes are.
    While buccs might be able to reach one of the highest dpms in some content, even getting close to Night Lords, I wonder how much it should be a problem considering that Night Lords (and also other classes) are easier to be multicliented, specially now that multi-atttacking is getting more and more popular

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    11:49 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Don't you love a 7 second macro of 3x demo's in free fire content? Cause I sure do!

Sarcasm aside, bucc is not hard to multiclient, unless ur handling aggro which is only a few select bosses.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    I love it indeed, but you also need to consider the 1/3 of the time that you're not on ST.
    And since people love to use PB as reference, handling aggro is the main duty for buccs during body, so it's relevant

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Honestly because of ST cycling I agree with Karn here. Bucc is quite friendly for duo attack set ups most of the time, but I find it difficult to believe it scales as well as NL for trio or higher multiattacker set ups, at least depending on the boss. I don't think Bucc is actually that problematic when it comes to multiattacking, especially when compared to Night Lords.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    11:49 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    I do agree NLs or any high avoid class is easier to scale to larger extent, but bucc is also much easier to multiattack with than MM/BM/Sair especially on stationary bosses, barrage becomes a non issue as it won't force the kb effect.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I would personally disagree, if you look at it from a perspective of DPM efficiency. Let's use for example my own set up, two machines, one attacker each, duo attacker Bucc/BM in Zakum. The BM is allowed to hold Hurricane in the corner with no other input besides rebuffing, and with no AFK timer gets 100% efficiency compared to what I'd be getting with just single client gameplay. There is no DPM loss in this scenario. The Bucc, however, still has to deal with barrel dancing 1/3 of the time as well as repositioning when hit. In my case, I choose to barrel dance because it's optimal for DPM, but in a scenario where someone was, say, piloting two Buccs instead, simultaneous barrel dancing would be incredibly difficult. If one were to cut out barrel dancing and simply macro Barrage/DS, you are now losing DPM compared to single client play. I would agree Sair is incredibly unfriendly to multiattack, likely the most unfriendly, but in terms of lost DPM from multiattacking, Bucc actually experiences pretty significant fall-offs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    4:49 PM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Yeah bucc is in an interesting spot for multi attacking. Comparing optimal bucc to multi attacker bucc points are fair, but also that due to iframes, sometimes stance, and otherwise long macro times that bucc is easier to multi compared other non NL classes. Most of my dpm loss is due to repositioning and honestly bucc should be A+ multi tier if not for being melee-bound 1/3 of the time.

My single comp setup: Currently using barrage-DS-barrage macro, then hold DS and buffer macro

19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think it depends on the boss tbh. In HT for instance I would put Bucc and BM about similar difficulty multiattacking, whereas for something like Nameless or Zak I would give the edge to the BM no question. Overall my personal experience is that Bucc multi-attack is honestly pretty underwhelming, and in almost all scenarios I prefer the BM over the Bucc, with the main exception probably being PB where Bucc is just... something else. As such, I can't imagine Bucc beats out many other classes in terms of multi-attacking besides Sair, DrK, mages, and possibly MM, as non-DrK Warriors and Thieves all seem better suited to the role. I will concede though that there's definitely a lot of room for personal preference and it's dependent on the content you're running.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Multi-attack rankings also differ depending on how many computers you're running. For example, multiattacking on multicomputer set ups ranks BMs pretty high, but BMs are pretty low on single computer setsince the alt tab hurricane fix.

NLs are the best multi-attack by far on any set up. There's no question about it.
    I'd personally rank Buccs mid to low on that list.

• Agree Agree x 3