1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change equips even while fighting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HotCow, Oct 9, 2023.

1. HotCow

HotCow Pink Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    2:21 PM
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
    Hello I'd like to propose that we can switch gears even when "out of breath"
    (if this is even possible to change)
    [​IMG]

DK's mobbing skill and bossing skill require 2 different weapon types. For mobbing the pole-arm is better and for bossing, the spear. Just imagine a world where a DK can switch to a pole-arm in a second- when needed. It would definitely award an active and attentive play-style to optimize the damage output.

For heroes / palladins the guardian skill is mostly considered a meme, (if you're using 2-hand that is) but what if you can switch to a shield in a blink of an eye? I am not sure how helpful this would be, but hey it's something that came to mind. Maybe it can also help climbing ropes in HT aswell.

But not only for warriors, it would be very helpful to be able to switch to INT gear mid fight for our washers out there aswell.

Let me know your thoughts on this, are there any cons I've missed?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT 3-11-23
    To quote one of our finest mages in the Legends world, it would be nice to see AM get a small buff in bossing content. Switching weapons for the attack bonus of their mobbing or single target attack, rewards those that pay close attention and invites players to be more attentive.
    Quote from -ovv it would certainly be a huge QoL improvement if this was possible!
    Quote from DrChuchu it would be a huge party boost if even our warrior brethren could help those in need.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 23
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:21 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    5:21 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Adding pet hp/mp and autopots while getting hit mid fight is a nightmare for any class other than thief.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Actually being able to use two different wands as AM would be kinda neat in some content, it would slightly reward the attentive player that managed to swap around smoothly depending on the situation.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    8:21 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Interesting! These could be clever ways of adding more interactive gameplay for certain characters!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    I agree, this along with perhaps dropping pots for your teammates shouldn't be a nightlord/shad privilege

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    disagree

and make shadow shifting put you out of breath

Devilish

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I can see this being really neat.

I can also see this resulting in a lot of players misclicking and dropping their stuff mid-fight. Not really a downside, just a potentiality.

9. Juneriffic56

Juneriffic56 Slime

Feb 4, 2023
    Female
    JuneBleep
    Hero
    Funk
    The "out of breath" thing in general is kind of a worthless mechanic. I don't think modern MS even has it anymore, though I might be wrong.
    I don't really get why you're punished from doing any inventory/equipment management or changing channel from simply getting hit/being in alert stance after using a skill.

I think at least removing it for pet pot potion switching and gear switching would add a lot of QoL, especially the latter for Arch Mage and DK. Heck, even Heroes and Paladins who have a 1h and 2h weapon could benefit from it, in the case where your bucc(s) die or disconnect.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    8:21 PM
    Beginner
    based suggestion imo.

I also assume to switch out between weapons you're suggesting to click on it. A side change I would like to add on would be to allow equips to be added onto Keys so we can tap than click to switch, promoting switchers. Also indirectly helps avoid accidental dropping of items when at rest position.

OR have Pole Fury switch to the 1st Pole-arm detected in Eqp tab on activation, vice-versa. But of course this would only lead to skills requiring different weapons to take effect only unlike Brandish 1H + Shield to 2H.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  11. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    No.

too custom. Keep it oldschool.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    HotCow

HotCow Pink Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
    Even though the unable to change channels is annoying, I think this should stay. Too easy to exploit if you can just change channels in an instance while mid fight.

13. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Modern MS still has the mechanics, but it's only activated when you attack, not when you are attacked. (This was a fairly recent change too, GMS got it only last year.)

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Bump

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I tried looking this up, I couldn't find a video of what you're mentioning.

Do you think you could make a short video to show as an example?

16. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Ok imagine being in zakum and changing equips and it actually lets you, despite having been hit recently.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    The whole PA/Spear distinction is like as if NL had to put on their mobbing claw to use Avenger. It actually wouldn't be as bad because you could simply shifter to swap gear as a thief.

This suggestion would be awesome to see, there's a lot of bossing situations on my DK where I wish I could use my PA but I'm not about to walk 100 feet away and hide for 7 seconds to pull it out. As a side effect this would also put some extra differentiation between DK and Hero, because otherwise Pally is the optimal 3-6 target cleaver depending on elemental advantage

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I gotta see it to believe it, I know what it meant I just wanted to see it that was how it is without using third-party programs.

Don't want any DOTcurrency type sus going on

19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Can confirm it is the case :)

20. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Yeah turned out I was spewing misinformation. What got changed was that you can do things like change channel after getting attacked (but not attacking); you still need to not get hit to change equips (eg. running far away and/or binding the boss)

• Informative Informative x 1