1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Request: Required NX benchmarks for all classes and washing wishes

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Randombish, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Randombish

Randombish Orange Mushroom

Jan 28, 2024
    11:14 AM
    Notmyrealign
    Bishop
    Funk
    I'm looking for average benchmarks for each jobs in terms of NX required to wash, to their respective level. Some kind of part 2 to the guide recently published about, what first job should you pick.

So for example;

upload_2024-3-29_22-49-5.png

I'm not sure what the exact benchmarks are, i know there is something around ~22k HP that gets to 30K with HB, that's why i've added it. From here on out people could add amount of NX just to wash out all the INT and make it playable, and amount to completely wash the character. The budget is meant as amount of mesos the player could spend on INT gear.

2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    5:14 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Hmmm. Well I find this to be a particularly fascinating challenge!

Some notes:

A. Thresholds

I'd break it into 2 or 3 thresholds.
    • 18,750 - 30k with Hyperbody
    • 25k - Can survive pretty much anything
    • 30k - The max, aka the golden standard
    You could also add 15k as an option for ranged attackers, but honestly it's close enough to the challenges that I don't recommend it.

B. Challenges

There's really not much of a reason to wash to any number less than what the HP challenges will give. For example: anything less than 28k on a warrior doesn't make much sense.

C. Cost

I'd also change the Y access. "cost of INT items" and "cost of NX" are inversely correlated. The more MP you can get from your INT items on leveling, the LESS you need to wash, therefor the less NX it'll cost.

For the sake of simplicity, I would propose to simply remove "meso cost" from the chart.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Personally, I'd actually simplify the int gear "budget" to a relatively standard set of gears. Most of those thresholds will require mp washing and dwarf the gains from equips, especially to make enough mp to beat out challenges(tm). Better equips would still yield slightly better gains, but attempting to capture the noise of slight variations in int gears seems like a needlessly tedious complexity.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    It's probly worth calling out... The reason this table doesn't exist yet, is because it's... not that simple. I'd also worry that it might actually be misleading. Mainly due to the fact the the amount of HP required (draft) also changes a lot by ranged/melee, and due to meso guard and other factors, those thresholds mean very different things to different classes.

Not to mention how all NX costs aren't equal. For example: Classes such as thieves/bowman have a upfront NX cost, while mages and warriors don't.

In the Getting Started Guide, I posted an estimate for how much NX each class requires to wash, and that's about as detailed as I could get without writing a chart that might be misleading to a reader without full context.

Here's a copy of the chart for reference:

DifficultyClassNX Cost
    EasiestDark Knight, Hero, Paladin800k
    -Mage (Farming)1m
    -Buccaneer2.5m
    -Corsair6m
    -Shadower7m
    -Night Lord, Bow Master, Marksmen7m
    HardestMage (Bossing)8m
    * Estimates to make 30k HP attackers or 9k HP Mage (Bossing)

Here are the classes, ranked from easiest to hardest to wash… as measured by the combined difficulty of planning, leveling, and required NX.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    4:14 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    you forgot the ~3.1m nx expense for dk at lv200 to fit snugly between bucc and sair

6. OP
    OP
    Randombish

Randombish Orange Mushroom

Jan 28, 2024
    11:14 AM
    Notmyrealign
    Bishop
    Funk
    I like your ideas. I guess most jobs would just get 2 or 3 builds advised, suited to their roles and natural HP pool.

For the sake of simplicity, I would propose to simply remove "meso cost" from the chart.[/QUOTE]

Could also just include the NX cost / Base INT required, and then people could substract their gear totals from that number and go from there, good point though.

this is actually just about what i need in terms of information though, thanks!

7. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    5:14 PM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Why corsair is easier to wash comparing to other ranged attackers?

When stale washing:
    Corsair 20HP / 16MP = 1.25 HP per extra MP
    NL 16HP / 12MP = 1.33 HP per extra MP

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  8. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    I thought the same thing at first, as they actually looked harder to wash. But the rest of their formulas, for MP per wash and MP per level are also different

Not to mention there's various different opinions on what the right amount of MP to have leftover at the end is.

9. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    2:14 AM
    18 for sair stale, not 20, but 18 is notably bigger than 16 so you also save a lot of resets in hp staling

10. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers but they're both about the same difficulty which changes based on personal goals, I don't think Corsair can be considered easier to wash purely off total NX cost to hit 30k HP because that doesn't reflect the progression curve to reach the end goal, namely how much HP/MP do you want, and at what point do you reset INT and the char becomes playable

To hit 30k HP, Sair needs ~26.5k bonus MP, NL needs ~22.5k bonus MP; It's a difference of 4k

Sair does gain more HP/MP per level naturally, ~5k HP and ~4k MP by 200; NL is ~4.4k / ~3.4k; It's a difference of ~1.2k

Both gains the same net MP per fresh wash

The tricky part to figure out is once you fresh wash to 30k MP, you need to start stale washing into HP if you want a bigger MP bar at the end of your wash. Corsair does get to move more MP per wash meaning you need fewer APRs to not waste MP per level, but their conversion ratio from MP->HP is worse so you just need more MP to begin with. This phase of washing eats a ton of APRs before you're able to reset INT

Corsair does not gain from fresh washing HP, so you cannot reset INT then count on a little bit of additional HP from fresh washing the rest of the way to lv200

Sair does gain 18 HP per stale wash vs 16 for NL, but once you reset INT and your character is playable, it doesn't matter quite as much how long it takes for you to stale wash to 30k HP. Depending on your MP goal, chances are your character already has enough HP for almost all content before you remove any INT.

I think the other consideration is Alchemy's is just OP and gives +100% recovery on flat pots, so it's financially easier to get away with min MP on NL because you can just use Sorcs, this means a NL has a "better" wash far earlier than a Sair who will need to stay INTed longer and wash to much higher MP if they want to have the same cost efficiency for MP recovery, also cannon costs twice as much MP as Triple Throw

11. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    5:14 PM
    thru this table, u can see that buccs are the best in NX to class potential.

12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Washing efficiency will always boil down to two things - hp goal and end of wash, or the level where you decide to start playing your character.

Some people prioritize a minimum hp threshold before end of wash which is valid since you often can’t play your character without a certain HP threshold reached - like ~10k hp for 6 man HT or 24k+ for optimized pb, so it’ll influence how you allocate your NX.

Most people opt for end of wash with full stat allocation (no base INT leftover) with a compromise to HP, giving them the option of gaining hp daily through voting and leveling up while you have full stat allocation. Others might choose to prolong their heavy baseINt state and allocate their NX reserves until they can reach a minimum HP threshold and will t slowly wash out INT while supplementing their gimped damage with apple usage. It’s a matter of preference. I’d generally suggest the former since there are a few tricks to maximize hp gain while increasing your baseINT within the first 70ish levels and it only requires ~800k NX to get a project like this started.

• Like Like x 1