1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff HB?

Discussão em 'Suggestions' iniciada por skywratih24, 3 Maio 2024.

1. skywratih24

skywratih24 Blue Snail

3 Maio 2024
    10:09
    hotdogsandwich
    Warrior
    Can we buff HB to be more useful especially with HP challenges / washing being easier than ever.

My proposal is giving it a 1% stance per level with the buff active on anyone (or w/e can be adjusted 10~30%) It'll mostly affect non-warrior classes who will benefit greatly specially in raids with a lot of platforms.
    DISCUSS.

2. thechild

thechild Timer

31 Março 2020
    Masculino
    22:09
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    I mean even if you buffed hb is some way it won’t help the overall hp threshold much. I mean lower levels yeah but when washing takes affect then hb is still “pointless” after sometime.

I agree though. Make drks great again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

16 Junho 2021
    Masculino
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    23:09
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    the buff needs to be something that benefits the DK, otherwise it will only be used to have more mules, I believe that with the challenges where the DK will get almost 30k hp at late level, it will have some benefit for yourself would be great

4. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

5 Julho 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    This server is old, and many characters have been washed or hyperwashed, making HB unnecessary to them.
    When the challenge system is fully released, everyone will be able to run horntail without HB.

If we want see DK more often in a party, I believe the right way to go is to have more cleave content in bossing.
    In another word, even if no one need HB to survive, swapping a ranged attacker with a DK should not make the run slower.

Currently, many cleave roles are replaced by bishops. See Zakum & Horntail for example.
    But mage FMA is slow, making them unable to move or dodge attacks (example: zakum stuns & horntail 1/1) while casting.
    It matters if it's something like seduce (PB notes) or extremely high damage (CWK pillars).

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Krythan

Krythan Headless Horseman

2 Setembro 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    If anything, the Challenges system is a buff to HB... as it's introducing more and more characters that will benefit from HB.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. dechenny

dechenny Orange Mushroom

21 Setembro 2022
    Masculino
    21:09
    Maple
    I think DKs should have HP cap with Hyper body at 40k

• Like Like x 3
  7. Krythan

Krythan Headless Horseman

2 Setembro 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    I think that'd be really cool, giving them something unique that leans into their class identity.

8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

16 Junho 2021
    Masculino
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    the main problem is:
    warrior get easy 30k hp, so, easy to mule
    if only have a bonus for party member, in optimized runs will still have it muled (same as hb in some cases)

9. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

22 Setembro 2021
    Masculino
    19:09
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The main problem is that nobody wants to play a class just to press 1 button for the benefit of other people. The class itself needs to be fun to play as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

16 Junho 2021
    Masculino
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    fair point

11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

19 Maio 2019
    Masculino
    iPippy
    Fun is subjective, but the class itself is largely dysfunctional. And I fully believe their balance changes have largely made the problem worse.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RemiIia

RemiIia Capt. Latanica

25 Janeiro 2019
    Feminino
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Last edited: 6 Maio 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

29 Junho 2017
    Masculino
    21:09
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    the ideal dk player is fun in vc, devoting their full attention to cheering on the team while dead

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 2
  14. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

2 Julho 2017
    Feminino
    04:09
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    First of all, iPippy has a point here.

HB itself doesnt require a buff in my opinion, but it can become more available if the class itself is more appealing to play. That is currently the main issue that HB is nowhere to be found, if nobody wants to mule it. I believe DKs zerk is the giant barrier that holds people back from wanting/continuing to play the class. Actively being screwed over for wanting to contribute meaningful DPS to your party is just...not motivating. The intentions of the class rework were good, but it did, as Pippy stated, make things worse. If zerk is reworked to NOT KILL THE PLAYER while using it, more people will be starting to play it. DKs arent that terrible DPS wise, theyre just beyond terrible to survive on while spending an absolute fortune on pots Foxpat

TLDR: Rework zerk to passively buff HB availability

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

22 Setembro 2021
    Masculino
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Sounds like a job for TTKirnkTTKirnk

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

16 Outubro 2021
    give them a bubble to cast HB

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

13 Junho 2022
    Masculino
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Slightly ironic that HB has the least benefit to the characters who need it the most due to % hp scaling

18. Juneriffic56

Juneriffic56 Slime

4 Fevereiro 2023
    Feminino
    JuneBleep
    Hero
    Funk
    I just want HB to have more range and duration.
    Would aid the QoL of both HB-dependent players and the DK themselves if HB didn't have to be cast as much and had a more generous range like SE and SI. There's already still the risk of DP removing the buff in certain bosses anyway.
    Only potential downside is it would also buff HB mules.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Pac Pinky

29 Outubro 2020
    this is what my friends do to me while i lie dead on my DK. credit to silk
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Pac Pinky

29 Outubro 2020
    also i agree active zerk is terrible and needs to be different. with all due respect it's my least favorite skill change done on legends. it's such a convoluted solution that i think balance team cooked up because they were so adamant to make DKs as hard to play as possible. active zerk also needs to be more easily visible, such as blinking hp bar when its active, or SOMETHING to make it super clear when its down/up.
    On a brighter note though i loooove the %hp zerk instead of the old on/off zerk. it makes DK super fun to play in bosses where attack animations are track-able like zak