1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ainz Progresses a Poor Ranged Attacker

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    2:43 AM
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
    Ainzscience. Thank you for your experiment.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    3:43 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:43 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    this is more common than you think.. freedom for married people to play

4. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:43 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This gave me a real good chuckle, ty Chris

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Greetings!

I have a new idea to continue this journal (shocking, right?) inspired by recent forum discourse.

Introduction
    Whether the subject was a 'wall' players fear hitting or complaints about the inability for a ranged class to progress without resorting to 'dirty' or otherwise undesirable tactics such as multimaging, there seems to be an idea that players struggle to advance their characters.
    Combining this with a recent urge I've felt to play and improve my NL, I felt compelled to start a new chapter (though, a very suboptimal one...)
    After all, some might say I have been running my mouth for a while now about how their struggles to progress simply stem from 'skill issue', so I suppose it is time to put my money where my mouth is.
    Tldr; I'll try to demonstrate that a (weak) ranged attacker definitely has means to progress. To do so, I'll be handicapping myself a fair bit.

The Setup, Rules, and Goals.
    Like I just mentioned, I will be handicapping myself a good deal to (hopefully) demonstrate that I can do what I've told so many others to just do.
    For the purpose of this journal, I will pretend to be a generic, struggling upcoming attacker. No mages, no buff mules, no unrealistic amount of previous funding.
    That last point warrants further explanation. Obviously I won't be slapping billions worth of gear on the character, but I think ~500m in gear at lvl 140 isn't unrealistic.
    Without further ado, meet Accuse:
    maple-16.png
    The precise stats of the character and the gear I'll be using will be revealed later. I figured I would write this post ahead of time to leave some room for discussion on whether or not the rules are fitting.

I'll be starting the char with 5m in raw meso, some affordable stars, and not much else.

Additionally, I won't be relying on any of my other characters. While having a bishop to sell low level leech on isn't particularly difficult to get for any new player, it defeats the purpose of this journal and will be avoided.

The goal of the journal isn't to show my full road from zero to hero, as I think everyone knows I'll never get there. I'd rather not see my intentions be disregarded because I don't sustain them over an extended period of time.
    As such, my goal for this journal is moreso demonstrating (through logging my efforts) that progress is certainly possible. To do so, I hope to find multiple streams of income that are possible with just 1 (ranged) character.

To sum it all up, this is what I'll be working on for the coming weeks. Do you think the rules are fitting, should they be stricter or less strict?
    Is 500m realistic for a lvl 140? Feel free to discuss.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Imo 500m is realistic. I would expect anyone, especially someone who grinds to 140, to have found at least 2 WS/CS by then, and probably 3 or 4 even.

Are you allowing party play outside of bossing? Because imo that's what most ppl shy away from, limiting their potential gameplay avenues (esp as a NL without SE mule)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Good point! I was also somewhat on the fence about this, but I believe party play is fair as long as it's realistic.
    E.g. duo grinding is fine, but 'duo grinding' with a lvl 200 mage in 5-6 is a different matter.
    Tl;dr, I want to keep my options realistic. Joining guild zakkies is fine as well, duo rav seems a little finicky because it could be considered leeching if I duo'd with my stronger friends. I'll have to think about that one.

8. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Just duo with your weaker friends.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Haha I don't have those

10. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    hi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    3:43 PM
    Ainz only has stonk friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    From what I understand it’d be 5mil worth of starting gears and work towards 500mil, right?

We’ve seen a NL 3hrs sessions of nightghost farming journal yielding about 1 WS worth of meso in less than 10 days. Using a worst case of 20 days of 3hrs, would be 60hrs for 640mil, 45hrs for 500mil.

Nightghost should be somewhere around 16-20mil/hr over a long period of time. So 45hrs would likely yield close to 700mil.

13. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    It seems my description wasn't very clear, sorry. Let me clarify.
    The NL will start with roughly 500m worth of gear and an initial 5m to spend on pots/stars/tp scrolls/taxis etc etc.

I have no set goal as for what amount of meso I want to reach. Moreso that I want to explore a wide variety of single-char friendly meso making avenues.

On the subject of Nightghosts (big shoutout to raysinz5raysinz5 of course), I do consider this probably one of the top contenders for best mesomaking strat given the context.
    I do thoroughly hope I can find some other competitive maps, as I would not be happy with a result of 'just go nightghosts lol'.

14. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    bUt aINzzzzzzZZz, nEw p1AyeRs d0NT h@v3 500mil 2 5tArT WitH.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    They definitely do by the point of reaching lvl 140 :')

16. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Okay, that’s fair. lv140 ain’t that easy to attain without leeching. Looking forward to your gears reveal.

17. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Oh yeah, and this too.

Was hoping to find a decent map while card hunting with Shadower last year but there isn’t really any options to choose from.

I’ll be contented with anywhere if it yields close to 10mil/hr at least, accompanied with nice BGM and/or scenery. DGPs have thick juicy lips like fat sausages, so that’s a plus factor as well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    1:43 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It's kind of debatable, assuming the player grinded all those levels I definitely see some white scrolls along the way, but at the same time the NL grind (to my knowledge) is pretty rough so most people would probably leech to 135 due to lack of parties at lower levels.

AinzAinz I'm curious to see what your "completion goal" ends up being, for sake of debate I'd say a +5 craven/dsc/lampion, 14+ glove, and 8+ att cape for the sake of the argument we all keep having, but realistically that could take a very, very long time. Personally that's where I think "endgame" truly begins as the meso/w.att increases so drastically. +4 weapons are "somewhat" affordable (120 Nisrock 200-300m) and personally I see them as "late mid game" equips. +5 weapon, 14+ glove, 8+ cape is where you start being viable for 6 man Ht, 30 man PB etc. IMO this is where I see the "wall" being the biggest step as that's essentially what I've been working on myself. Not sure if you're willing to invest that kind of effort into this.

If you're open to the challenge I guess it'd be interesting to see how quickly (or slowly) you progress through it with your knowledge of the game. Genuinely very interested to follow along with this once there are some updates.

19. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    While I'm equally intrigued with the challenge you posit, I don't think it's realistic for me to raise the expectation of continuing this journey that far.
    Not to say that it is impossible or that I shy away from the challenge. It is just that I do have the character infrastructure that allows more efficient gains and my time to play is very limited.

As such, this journal will focus on exploring various options and (hopefully) result in multiple income flows that, when repeated over an extended period of time, allow someone to progress their attacker without resorting to playing one (or multiple) mage(s).

Whether or not I then proceed to sink hours into these options means little to the validity of the outcome.

Tl;dr, I don't intend to set a goal of getting x equips, I'll just try my best to find (and log) options that will allow others to do so.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    1:43 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    regardless anything that gets me away from booming Gs2 for hours of my life is interesting to see

• Friendly Friendly x 1