1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ainz Progresses a Poor Ranged Attacker

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    7:23 PM
    Okay, I’ll update.

Hat: svc + 10x Helm DEX scrolls = 60m
    Earring: 12mil
    MoN: 12mil 0mil
    Boots: 80mil 40mil
    Cape: 20mil
    Top: 50mil 45mil
    Pants: 50mil 0mil
    Gloves: 10mil
    4x Face Avo 30%: 40mil
    2x Face Avo 70%: 6mil

Face: 15mil
    Goggles: 15mil

Total: 187mil

71wa RC: 303mil

Looks possible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    1:23 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    jfc just let the man do his journal.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I’m just adding some drama for the flavor. I’m sure he won’t mind.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I suggest he starts on a clean account from scratch to show us how much meso he would have at 140.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Hmu if you need a more suitable claw buddy.
    He's never going to finish a journal...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Im just messing AinzAinz bro please continue your journal I want to see you torture yourself at cwk exchange.:p

P.s 45m for that top + bottom is A STEAL. I think a same top was sold for 70m+ recently. Good job.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:23 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    the end of the drama is your wedding, apq, apple valued by nerf in alchemist, gg

8. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    2:23 PM
    how rare it is to see a night lord that is not mad about alchemist change, such a rarity these days.
    anyway gj loser keep going

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    7:23 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Hello Ainz! I hope you’re having a good day. I have been a big fan for a long time. I have followed every journal post and have made sure to react to many of the posts to show my support.

While I will always be a fan, these last few updates have me a bit concerned. Your previous character was ShadAinz which used to look quite horrendous. With me being your #1 fan I couldn’t possibly let the greatest mapler in legends walk around looking like a dirty ugly hobo, so I immediately pulled out my wallet and gifted you some donor nx so our community (the lil ainzer army) could better enjoy the amazing content you put out. Now it seems like you’ve switched characters and honestly I feel quite betrayed. I was very attached to ShadAinz but now I have to look at this Accuse character? Who is somehow even uglier than ShadAinz pre donation? I feel like you have literally slapped me in the face! All I can hope for now is that you wake up and realize that the Lil Ainzer Army deserves better and you correct your mistakes moving forward. Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  10. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Hellu!

I have decided not to pay too much attention to the slight misscalculation on my part. Whether or not I'm 50-100m over the 500m estimate I had originally set probably doesn't matter too much. To 'fix' it, I'd probably buy a RC worth roughly 200m, lose 1-2 w.a. from that and have virtually no impact on the journal.

As for actual journal progress, I have a bit of an update.... Due to lack of personal playtime and wanting to get the most bang for my buck, I have decided to postpone this chapter of my journal in favor of farming the event raffle on all my cha-
    That's what you would all expect me to say, but alas! This time I will actually do what I said I would (at least for now)

Now, for actual journal progress. Jetlag supported me in squeezing in roughly 3 hours of farming today, which I spent at a spot I was very excited to try out. I wasn't sure whether it was going to be very profitable or not, but it just seemed like a fun change of pace.

All in all, I made an estimated 34.8 mil (not counting gach) in 2.85 hours. This leads me to an hourly income of ~12.2m/hr.

Now, I had not expected this map to generate as much income as it ended up doing. So, I wonder if you guys can guess. It's not Nightghosts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's right! The first explored moneymaker is farming Lost Gold Tooth at Miner Zombies.

For transparency sake, I will post part of the logs and valuation I used to come to this conclusion.
    [​IMG]
    'Etc' being the normal zombie tooth, which I believe I could easily sell off for a good deal more than NPC price (due to Orbis exchange), but I felt lazy and didn't want to risk sounding too optimistic. (Note: I have over 4000 of these remaining, so selling these at 1k ea would add more than 1m/hr)
    As for the gold tooth price of 130k, I'm fairly certain this is a lower bound. When I owled this morning, there were no teeth cheaper than 170k in FM. I could probably consistently sell them off at 150k, but 130k is the most recent price I could list with certainty.

I ended up stopping the timer after 200 gold teeth, as the back of my hand was starting to hurt. Will probably transition to controller for future grinds!

Resulting overview:
    [​IMG]
    (Pot cost also factors in Coke Pill & Summoning Rock)

Thanks for reading, let's see what the future holds!

PS: Oh yeah, something else I hadn't expected to find here:
    [​IMG]
    S> I guess

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Another update, so soon?

For now it will just be a fairly brief update.

First thing to note is that I sold all 200 gold tooth overnight for 150k ea. (Though unfortunately I did get merched, as someone bought 183 of them and proceeded to list them again for 190k)
    Regardless, I think it's valid to increase the valuation of gold tooth from 130k to 150k in my sheet. This pushes the total income to 38.8m in 2.85 hours, or ~13.6m/hr.

Honestly, I'm very stoked about finding a (Non-Nightghost) option with over 10m so soon into exploring maps. Obviously this map is heavily tied down to supply and demand, but I don't believe we will soon face a point at which everyone has completed Zak Preqs.

Anywho, I think I will keep moving through my list in no particular logical order. Miner Zombies was chosen first because I thought I'd enjoy it, and 'fun' 'fun' or curiosity will probably be the determining factor for whatever comes next.

For our next contender, curiosity definitely played a larger part than 'fun', because I've started on the dreaded CWK Exchanges.

For a brief idea of how well this is going to go, the quest 'Marker of Heroism' (which allows one to skip the JQ to Lower Ascent) requires you to farm 10 stormbreaker badges. I naively chose Cavern of Fear for this, as this is the map where my shad farms them + Firebrand badges.
    Unfortunately, gathering 10 Stormbreaker Badges here took me a grand 25 minutes.

Whereas dense maps are a shad's best friend, I believe my NL shines better in sparsely populated maps (at least, when it comes to mobs with more than 10k hp).

So, for the first raffle I did, I farmed in Stormhall for an hour, resulting in 62 badges. I'll have to try out a wide variety of maps to see which maps result in the highest badges per hour. I did the same for my shad, but realized these numbers do not translate well.

As one raffle (of the non-WS variety) takes 50 badges, this honestly didn't feel ike an awful first attempt. Nightlords aren't exactly famed for their ability to farm, so I'm glad I managed to at least get well over 1 raffle in an hour.
    As for the reward.....
    [​IMG]

@ staff please make these NPC for like...at least 100k?
    Anywho, determining the estimated value for these is probably a waste of time. I reckon I should just drop them and move on. Noted the income from this raffle as 1 meso :')

Overview update:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:23 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    forced exclusive mtk use at lv50 would be an interesting read too

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day ??: More progress!

Hi everyone,

The past few (2?) days have resulted in quite some profit! Overall I'm still having a really good time on the NL.
    [​IMG]
    Note that these figures are still very inaccurate due to their small sample size. For the first exchange, I've only had horrendous rewards. For the second exchange (Nightshadow) I quit farming them after like 10 minutes because my NL probably needs to be a little stronger. I'll probably revisit them this weekend.
    As for the last exchange, I got very lucky here and pulled 2 Tao's in 3 exchanges. I personally value Tao's at 15m. Whether or not this is accurate with market value doesn't really mean that much to me. From the perspective of a NL trying to craft their own Balanced Furies, I consider each Tao fairly close to 33% of the way to a BF.
    (Note: The hours logged aren't entirely correct, as I've been doing most of my farming in 'Cavern of Fear', which gives both Stormbreaker and Firebrand badges, hence I log those hours in both exchanges.

Another brief adventure I went on actually resulted in my second map that breaks 10m/hr!
    I was toying around a little with boss prequest etcs (Ravana has the Sunbursts, Pap has the Piece of Cracked Dimension, Latanica has White Essence). This led me to think it might be more efficient to sell the Banana Peels and Monkey Dolls directly.
    Briefly testing this method led me to the following numbers:
    Banana Peels: ~1.800/hour
    Monkey Dolls: ~900/hour.
    I sold the first batch of my etcs for 7.777 each, before discovering that Monkey Dolls can comfortably be sold for up to 13-15k ea.
    [​IMG]
    At 7.777 ea, these are my numbers for Rav. This is already looking good! However, if we plug in Monkey Dolls at 13.333 ea, we get the following:
    [​IMG]
    Granted, you probably won't be able to sell thousands of these continuously, but it's definitely a lucrative option to occasionally stock up on. (The same goes for Gold Zombie Teeth)

Looking at the overview now:
    [​IMG]
    We've made ~100.5m as of now, and I decided it was time to start getting a little stronger on the NL.

I have not yet decided what upgrades I want to go for. One way of doing things would be earning the value of one of the items of my shad and then transferring it from shad to NL (This would save me from having to buy e.g. a second, unnecessary pair of 12 dex earrings, as I could just save up however much they're worth and then grab my Shad's pair.)

Anywho, gear upgrades can wait. As you can see in the overview, I've also logged my first hour (presumably, of many) at Brextons, trying to finally get my SC20.
    [​IMG]
    Those who have farmed Brextons before know this pain. Energy Orb 20 looks annoyingly similar to SC20, while sharing in virtually none of the value.
    Luckily it only took me 27 minutes at Brexton on my NL to have my heart broken by this. (My shad, in contrast, got this book after 3 hours, before spending another 4 hours without SC20.)

And then, last but not least, another obvious way to progress! (It's not leeching)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I debated for quite some time whether washing out my remaining int would go against the spirit of the journal. In the end, I decided that the trope of 'ruined early 4th job char due to washing' was almost a thing of the past, given the upcoming (soontm) HP Challenges.
    As such, I went for it, here's the result:
    [​IMG]
    Surprisingly little gained in the actual range department, which initially disappointed me. However, when actually continuing to grind, the hits were notably higher. I suppose it's because of TT/L7 formulas.

Oh yeah, lastly, as you can see above, I finally changed my look! Thanks ChrisChris for donating to the cause. I decided to be a cute farmer boy. This felt like it was quite fitting, given the nature of this journal.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Wowie!

Normally I would not doublepost in such quick succession, but I did a quick hour of farming today and look what happened!
    [​IMG]
    It would seem the game decided to balance the scales after my Shad's Brexton adventure.

Now for the part that really had me shaking:
    [​IMG] (Thank you Nightz for teaching me how to computer)
    Thank god, I was 110% ready to post Spongebob's "Do you want to see me do it again?" meme.

Anyways, SP update:
    [​IMG]
    I'm aware people will probably be upset over my prioritising of Shadow Stars over Shifter, but when I mostly grind on lvl <60 mobs, shifter doesn't really matter all that much :')

Overview Update:
    [​IMG]

Anyways, I just owled Shifter 20 and only saw books listed for 30m, so it would seem I'm immediately lead into the next chapter of this journey....

Farming SS20 from either Dark Wyverns (this sounds lame) or Pianus(L) (also sounds somewhat lame but less)!!

Stay tuned!

• Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  15. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Farming and passing your own skill book before making a complaint thread? Very unrealistic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    7:23 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Lol, no. Is it really a maple journal if the peanut gallery isn't swooping to derail the conversation!? It's like a diary, where ever third page gets randomly scribbled on in crayon.

Also congrats on Shadow Star 20!!

(Shadow Shifter should NOT be that expensive. I think I bought mine for like 5m)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day ??

It always feels like I'm leaving so much time between posts, yet everytime I check back in, it's only been 2 days.

The update this time isn't anything huge, I'm afraid. Tried out some new spots, got a little burned out over mediocre results.

The First Disappointment:
    As it would seem, the disappointment in this spot had little to do with the spot itself and more to do with my reading skills.
    [​IMG]
    The map doesn't really lend itself to NL grinding. The mobs are fairly big, the platforms fairly small. Lots of punching, lots of getting hit for like 1900 damage. All in all, not a good time.
    So, coming with the real problem of the map...
    [​IMG]
    Oh, yeah, okay. That one's on me.

Anyhoozies, on to the next spot!
    I decided to try out Drakes in the infamous roaring map, but ended up with little to show for it. However, I believe I may have just been unlucky and I'm willing to put in another hour whenever I have time again. It was definitely refreshing being in a map that drops more nx/gach again (Something the Golden Temple mobs don't do, and the cwk mobs/brextons were too sparsely killed to really generate a lot of drops)
    [​IMG]

With regards to the character, I decided to try my luck on improving some of the gear I had.
    First things first, I still had this thing:
    [​IMG]
    But, upgrading this with 60s is too expensive. Using 70s seems more up my alley, but if it booms, I can't wear my RC anymore.

So, quick intermezzo to upgrade my 8 dex earrings to 10 dex earrings!
    [​IMG]
    Awesome, now we have 2 dex to spare for the RC.
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately the rat mouth is no longer with us. (Not really sad about this, it was an abomination to begin with, now I can start working on an actually decent one)

While the Overview sheet showed us having 'earned' 150m, a decent chunk of this was in Taos (30m), SC20 (44.5m) and some other stuff I hadn't sold yet. On top of this, some of this money had been reinvested in pots etc, leaving me fairly broke at the moment.

Overview Update:
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    [​IMG]Got impatient, got lucky, now what
    Edit 2: Failed 2 60s, passed 1 60, boomed on 30. Back to square 0

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  18. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Two Updates in One Day?!

upload_2023-9-17_19-29-58.png
    Still making good money! Which is very necessary to continue working on a face accessory.

[​IMG]
    Gachapon also acting favorably!

On the subject of a face accessory...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    upload_2023-9-17_19-38-38.png ~
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh well, at least it's done. It's a new slot (temporarily) filled and it'll allow me to move more base dex to luk :)

Not entirely sure what the next play is, perhaps saving up for better top/bot :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Whoopsie, Day?

Alright, admittedly I got a little distracted by some side-quests.
    First and foremost, I raffled on 3 chars after reset and got absolutely shafted by raffle luck, so I felt like I deserved better luck and spent the rest of yesterday trying to raffle on more of my characters.
    Virtually all of them ended up getting mediocre rewards (21 raffles, 5 pouch 1s, resulting in 8 coins, not great.)

ANYWHO.
    [​IMG]
    Did get me some Octopoos earrings (on my Hero, unfortunately not on Shad)
    [​IMG]
    Managed to turn them into this, very happy with the result :) (Passed 30, passed 70, passed 60, failed 60, passed 70)

So happy, in fact, that I spent the last hour of the day playing my hero instead of NL.
    [​IMG] I realised it still had 40 points in int and ~30 in hp/mp pool, so we spam AP Resets again!
    [​IMG]The final result, pretty good gains! Could still consider washing out some more base dex, as I get plenty from gear to wear my ST.
    [​IMG]Dingdong, 139 on the hero. With event exp, I'm actually getting roughly 30-32m eph solo without HS in 7F, which is the same as what my lvl 150 Shad gets (with substantially better gear). Thus, quick levels are very possible. As Hero would be a pretty decent daily-rav-pap-mule, I feel somewhat tempted to get it closer to 150.

Promise I'll get back to the NL farming later this week, I just have to get my raffles done first~

• Like Like x 1
  20. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Is that the strawberry bar that gives wa/ma? Anyway, do you know if there’s any safe spot to park my Bishop for 7F map?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023