1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ainz Progresses a Poor Ranged Attacker

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:48 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I'm averaging roughly 700/hour for both etcs. The numbers aren't looking great, but it's something :)

2. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Using tails/hour as a standardization metric could be nice. As in: you just have to log all drops in relation to the number of tails you get. If you then state your tails/hour, everyone gets a decent comparison point.

3. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking this morning :) Will compare data more thoroughly for my next post. Ty!

4. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:48 PM
    I farmed 3.5hrs at nightghost, about 3k tails and have gotten:

1x cape int 30
    2x oa int 70
    2x dag att 30

9x common gacha

Although not a huge sample size, probably won’t continue.

5. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    No (real) NL Farming Update.

One very quick NL farming update, I tried one of the options that probably looked least promising yet most peculiar on the list of options: Sr. Bellflower Root.
    Granted, I only gave it 30 minutes, but I soon realised it was a waste of my time.
    [​IMG]
    Sure, 30 minutes is way too small of a sample size to judge a map by, but the only thing this map had to offer was Earring Int 70. I had assumed these sold for a decent buck, but this turned out to be lower than expected. At this rate, I'd have to get like 5 scrolls per hour to make this a map worth farming.

I also logged my first hour at Nest Golems, which was very anticlimactic, but they drop a few big ticket winners that would immediately crank up the average meso/hr.

So, I removed Sr. Bellflower Root, added Voodoo and some other future options:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

But, mostly, I got distracted again! I got impatient and washed out the first 100 int on ConeHead, my bowman. This left me with 50 int remaining and I was very excited to try out the damage.
    [​IMG]
    It might not look like much, but it's more than I had expected (certainly more than my no-SE NL) and I'm pretty stoked to continue working on the char.
    [​IMG]
    ....so I started working on some upgrades. Prior to this, I was using a 3/8 shoe, so this was a decent upgrade.

Additionally, I got inspired by beegorattobeegoratto to start experimenting with some bossing on the BM. I was aware of how comfortable (if not borderline boring) Ravana and Papulatus were, and I was keen to try these out now that I was starting to see 10k lines (the minimum knockback/pinning threshold required to make these bosses feasible).
    Luckily I was coached by FerluciFerluci in my first Papulatus attempt:
    [​IMG]
    Cider and MW20 got my range high enough to just about pin Pap consistently enough.
    [​IMG]
    Body 1 was smooth sailing, body 2 was not. One adjustment I noticed when playing my BM (it could also be my internet, which has been acting up this week) was that potting immediately after stopping my hurricane often failed to register.
    Overall, very fun, still need to figure out a more consistent way of getting B2 stuck on my puppet, as it currently did not seem very effective.
    [​IMG]
    Here you can see FerluciFerluci stepping in to save the day and thoroughly enjoying my pain as I frantically held the down-key in order to avoid death.

[​IMG]
    We then moved on to Ravana, which I first tried to solo (already sceptical because I expected the summons would mess me up) and then poetically exclaimed "hgelp" to notify Dami that I would certainly not be able to solo.

I also did some card farming, bringing me pretty close to Tier 2 (55/60):
    [​IMG]

All in all, I think that a few more levels + washing out my remaining 50 base int will leave me strong enough to at least begin soloing Papulatus regularly. Ravana seemed to be a little more resistant to my hits, so that might take until lvl 145 to really become worthwhile.
    Additionally, I'm very excited to start soloing Bigfoot, Anego, Samurai, and perhaps some other stuff. Apparently there's tons of mechanical tricks to learn on BMs and I'm looking forward to struggling my way through it (at the expected cost of 700 Safety Charms...)
    As for how I'll be leveling ConeHead, that'll probably be mostly through selfleech using my Bishop in 1-2F. My last epm test here netted the Bishop 50m eph and ConeHead 25m eph.

I will probably log another 2-3 hours of NL farming tomorrow, but doing some stuff on another char that doesn't require logging was a refreshing break.

Thanks for reading!!!!

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:48 AM
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    Crazy stats well organized too that shoe looks insane btw :ninja::wtf::yay:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Oops, day something or other.

It's been a while! I got distracted by both IRL and having my in-game focus elsewhere.

Anyways, jokes on anyone that thought I had abandoned the NL journal. I'm still here and I intend to finish it.

So, to business. I did a little thing. My motivation for this was honestly just that I quite like the concept of dailies (as seen in GMS) and I currently hardly felt like doing Rav because it required a second client.
    However, after the suggestion got accepted, I realised I could use this to my advantage...
    [​IMG]
    (Don't mind it being closed, we'll get to that in a second.)

Anyways, I thought I'd probably get a few small offers here and there. However, that quickly changed.
    upload_2023-10-17_17-11-30.png
    Right. Shit. That's a good few hours of farming.

[​IMG]
    So I got to farming!

[​IMG]

Anyways, current overview. Many more hours of Rav coming up!

However, I don't want this journal to turn into a "Watch me farm rav etcs"-journal, so after this batch I'll probably switch back to farming other stuff on the NL.

Tune in later for more!

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    1:48 AM
    For what it's worth, I also need to pause slightly after letting go of hurricane to pot successfully, which can be quite stressful. It may be ping related?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Ty for chipping in! That's interesting to hear!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    4:48 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    AinzAinz's market manipulation! Creating demand AND owning the supply at the same time...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    This would've been a lot smarter if I had actually farmed beforehand :')

Besides, idk if I'm continuing after finishing this batch. Others are welcome to join the fun!

12. NugZeh

NugZeh Slimy Retired Staff

May 6, 2017
    Male
    UK
    9:48 AM
    amazing work ainz proud of u xoxo

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    3:48 AM
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
    Change title to Ainz farms for a progressive ranged attacker

14. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day ?!

Alright, work kinda got ahead of me this week so I haven't been able to log as many hours as I would have liked. However, there was something I wanted to discuss.

But first, let's have a look at the current progress on my Rav Etc selling:
    [​IMG]
    Pretty decent progress here! The Monkey Dolls are a lot less pleasant to farm than the banana's, so the upcoming stretch of ~5 hours of those is not something I'm looking forward to. However, meso is meso.

[​IMG]
    The current overview, honestly pretty happy with the way it's looking!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Somewhat decent bank on Accuse.

So, anyways, what I wanted to discuss.

While most farming on this character has been relatively dull and far from optimal, there's one aspect to farming on a NL that I've grown fond of over the past weeks. That aspect is efficiency.
    While I am by no means as good at farming with a NL as e.g. raysinz5raysinz5 is (which is clear from the difference in our numbers, even on mobs that we both 1hit), I have definitely been seeing significant improvements as I spent more hours in certain maps.
    For Miner Zombies, I think I managed to improve my average EPH from ~1.2m to ~1.4m. While not being huge, a 16% increase on EPH would also lead to a 16% increase in drops. Additionally, movement has felt a lot smoother, there is much less punching, etc.
    For Ravana Etcs (predominantly monkey dolls), I've seen an increase from an average of ~800k EPH to ~1.05m EPH. This would improve significantly if I got my NL to the point where I oneshot the second phase of Mama Monkey, but that's gonna take a decent jump in either levels or gear.

All in all, seeing improvements in hourly EPH keeps me pretty motivated to keep grinding out the maps, seeing how much there is to gain in terms of player skill.

Farewell!

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  15. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    More days, more bananas.

Right, so I definitely realised 2 things this week.
    1. I took more requests for Rav Etcs than I should probably have done.
    2. Once I've made promises to deliver x items on y date, I play a lot more than I usually to do reach said promise.

Fortunately I did (mostly) have sufficient spare time this week to actually get the hours done, but doing 10 hours of banana-farming on the weekend isn't something I'd like to keep doing. Anyways, it does mean that I spent all my time on ML this week in a productive way.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Loads of bananas!
    [​IMG]
    Current outstanding bids (I currently have 5000 bananas and 2000 monkey dolls saved up, so tomorrow won't be too bad.)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The bank is starting to look pretty ok!

And, finally, the most important screenshot in my posts:
    [​IMG]

We smashed right past the 500m mark! Happy to be approaching the first completed goal, also close to halfway towards 100 total hours logged.

Tune in next time for further updates!

• Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I think it's been averaging out to around 1800 Bananas/hr or slightly over 1000 Monkey Dolls :)

17. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Another day, finally approaching completion.

First and foremost, check out this gorgeous little banner that ChatGPT/Dall-E managed to spin up for me! Huge thanks to JafelJafel for helping me do this~
    (For those interested, this is the associated query:)

Wide banner showcasing a chibi skeleton version of Ainz Ooal Gown, posed heroically against a vibrant Maplestory-like 2D landscape with floating islands and magical creatures. The phrase 'Ainz Journal' floats prominently above.

Anyways, I also asked chatGPT for help on structuring my journal, as I felt like I usually failed to follow some sort of structure. As I'd like to improve my journal, this entry will serve as a trial-run for a new format!

Date: October 22nd, 2023
    Character(s): Accuse
    Level: 142
    Current Goal: Completing my final remaining Rav requests.

Narrative Entry:
    I almost managed to complete my last 1-2 outstanding offers today! It was a pretty busy day irl, so I didn't quite get all the farming done I had planned (and maybe I'm slightly burned out from it yesterday's 7 hours of farming...)

Items Obtained:
    Bananas farmed: 0
    Monkey Dolls farmed: 2.999
    Red Katanas: 2
    Rare Gach: 1

Experience:
    Current Level: 142
    XP Earned: ~3m
    New Level: 142
    (I promise this section will be more interesting when I farm something else than lvl 20/65 mobs)

Meso Earned:
    Gold at Start: 156,750,000 earned from Rav Etcs (since taking larger offers)
    Gold Earned: 112,500,000
    Total Gold: 269,250,000 earned from Rav Etcs (since taking larger offers)

Achievements:
    - Complete my largest order yet (5k of each)
    - Break 50 hours logged on the NL!

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    ChatGPT suggested this header as a final one, yet I'm not entirely sure what to put here.
    I think I'll use it to ramble about further goals, which is something I generally used my whole entries for, so if you dislike that part, this is a convenient way to skip it!
    With regards to in-game goals, I obviously have to first finish my last outstanding order (tomorrow), and then continue to check off the goals for Accuse's farming. I intend to start off with Nightghosts until I get my BWG. After this, I think I'll spend a significant portion of the remaining hours doing CWK exchanges. It may not be the best moneymaker (the current numbers are very deceiving, I think) but it probably makes for the best journal content and it provides more insight into otherwise largely unexplored content.
    After that, I'm quite curious about trying out Birk and Dual Birk. They have promising droptables, I just have my doubts about my NL's ability to kill them at a reasonable pace.
    Finally, I intend to finish off the journal at Brextons. The current 25m/hr seems very inflated, and I intend to get that number down to prevent people from taking it at face-value and getting frustrated by getting lower numbers there.

As for goals outside of the game, I hope to find a way to make my journal somewhat more aesthetically pleasing and improving my writing skills.

Thanks for reading!

• Great Work Great Work x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    You're I'm my your greatest fan!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:48 PM
    I copied your prompts and generated a few, though not banners.

Model: Samaritan 3D Cartoon
    IMG_5812.jpeg

Model: Digital Soul
    IMG_5808.jpeg

Model: Mystic Weaver
    IMG_5809.jpeg

Model: Holo Toon
    IMG_5811.jpeg

Model: AmeMizu
    IMG_5810.jpeg

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1