1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ainz Progresses a Poor Ranged Attacker

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:02 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    You can park your bishop on the left side of the portal in the middle of 7F. You'll be out of reach of the Wooden Fish.
    Silver/Gold giants can still hit you if they draw aggro, but as long as the bishop doesn't attack and any attackers stay to the sides, the bishop is safe.

And yes, the strawberry bar (6 w.att, 5 m.att) sold for 35m.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Another Day, Another Dataset!

Hello everyone,

Despite all my previous sidequests, I figured I couldn't entirely disregard the original intention of this 'chapter' in my journal. (Truth be told, I'm just terrified of the comments if I leave this unfinished or otherwise unsatisfactory...)
    [​IMG]
    We were blessed with flying Alishar (and various other mobs).
    I ran BPQ on a few of my weaker characters, but didn't get a large number of points on any of them, so will do more of that over the coming days.

Back to the real good stuff, the NL.

I only had time for a single hour today, but what an hour it was.
    [​IMG]
    Some nuances need to be put forward here:
    First, I did not yet include any way of factoring in the Foxtails and Nightghost etcs for the total profit. I could either sell them in FM, probably netting like 5k each, or I could try my luck in the bwg exchange.

From the larger datasets I've seen, it would seem BWG rate is anywhere between 1-2% from the exchange. Let's say 1% for a conservative baseline.
    This means that you'd get 1 BWG every 100 exchanges. 100 exchanges require 100*100 = 10.000 Foxtails.
    As such, it'd be fair to give each Foxtail a price of (BWG Value / 10.000).
    At the time of writing this, BWG's seem to be going for roughly 50m. So, plugging that in:
    Foxtail Price = 50.000.000 / 10.000 = 5.000 meso.
    Sidenote: I am aware most people take 1.5% as the average BWG chance, which would make the Foxtails a fair bit more valuable. I just chose to more conservative option.

The second disclaimer is that above numbers should by no means be taken as a likely baseline. I got very lucky, netting 1 Claw 30, 2 Dagger 30, and 3 Overall Armor for Int 70, all in a single hour. This will go down significantly.

I will also be editing the first post of this thread to include references to which spot I farmed on which day, as was requested by a loyal reader. From now on (as long as I remember), each next post will be linked in the original post for quick access.

Finally, here's the new overview, to which I also added Master Chronos for a future adventure.
    [​IMG]

Byeeee!

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:02 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    All the CWKPQ cleavers being suspiciously quiet about this.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day however many of however many.

Hi everyone!

With (most of) my raffles for this week out of the way, I felt ready to continue playing the NL again.
    [​IMG]
    The cash stack was growing at a decent pace, so I felt inclined to purchase the first next 'big' upgrade: a 12 attack glove.
    However, upon further consideration, I've decided to hold off on that upgrade and save up for the immediate jump to 14 attack!

Perhaps I'll cave early and decide to buy 12att + a top/bot upgrade, but the goal of 14 att is set for now.

I also want to start leveling up the NL a little more, perhaps including a second graph for tracking EPH at various spots.
    Lastly, I want to start working towards getting a few more tiers of the monster book completed. It's free stats and the HP might come in handy as well.

So what did I do today?

First, I got an hour of nightghosts in. Unfortunately, this hour was much less profitable than the previous one. (Perhaps that's a good thing, though, as it makes the meso/hr estimate a lot more realistic...)
    I decided to exchange the Foxtails and Headbands myself instead of selling them in the FM. There's probably no notably difference in money to gain from this, but this should be more fun. However, until I get a BWG, I'm forced to look at these very painful statistics:
    [​IMG]
    It's alright, though! We'll get there eventually... Right?

I'm tracking the headband raffle in the same manner, but it's much less interesting to look at. Perhaps some of these numbers are outdated, I haven't changed them since like 2021 (except for bwg price).
    New Nightghosts stats:
    [​IMG]
    Still, decent income, no complaints there.

[​IMG]
    Farmed 30 Soiled Rags, took about 20 minutes.
    [​IMG]
    Farmed a single Jack O'Lantern, took me 2 kills.
    [​IMG]
    Very quickly and efficiently purchased Lucky Charms because I definitely wasn't farming those manually.
    [​IMG]
    Boom! Free meso. (I actually had some BF toes left on my char from when I farmed these ages ago. If your character is too weak to handle Bigfoot, you'll usually get away with just finding a bigfoot and asking someone else to kill it while leaving you the toe.)

Next up, trying out the new Thanatos!
    [​IMG]
    The EPH sure is great. This was done in a single channel, so I spent a lot of time waiting around.
    [​IMG]
    The meso was not so great.
    I decided to also test Thanatos while cc'ing. For obvious reasons I can't show an @eph result of this, but it came out to 14.6m eph.

That's it for today! I was hoping to also get an hour of Master Chronos in today, but I wanted to sleep on time. It'll happen tomorrow or over the weekend.

5. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    A Different Kind of Update

Hello!

Today I decided to try some new things. I had mentioned before that I wanted to start actually improving the NL a little, instead of just farming meso forever.

So, at first I was curious about a little limit testing. Yesterday I did a 'quick' papulatus run before bed.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Took me exactly 15 minutes to down the first body, 16.5 minutes for the total run (Coke Pill, no other damage buffs)

Today, I figured I'd try again to see if switching to Ciders would really make it notably more worthwhile.
    [​IMG]
    The damage didn't actually improve all that much (though I believe Pap was in Hide for like 50% of the dpm test, can it smell your fear when testing dpms?)
    Loot was good, though!
    [​IMG]

Overall impressions:
    I think it's pretty fun to run pap, even on my mildly broken, SE-less Nightlord. Usually I would have never done this, as it feels far from optimal and I could have just brought SE/MW20/whatever. But then I thought of the poor osslockers, doing 25 minute pap duo's, and I just felt so inspired. OnionSpark
    One thing of importance is that I don't pin pap yet, there are definitely some 10k lines, but not enough to keep him in place. This means that whenever he moves, I have to move. Otherwise I'll risk getting dispelled.

Dummy DPM tests:
    [​IMG]
    Coke Pill, no SE.
    [​IMG]
    Cider, no SE.
    [​IMG]
    Cider, SE.
    Tfw SE adds a whole 50% dpm.

6. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    1:02 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    How dare! Our duo runs without CB's are 15 minutes, thank you. OnionConfused
    Current speed run is 3 minutes 16 seconds after popping orb with a CB meso exploding, about 1-2 minutes of prep time dropping bags.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day (x+2)³???

I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this update, as I wanted to release a bunch of hours logged in one swoop. ('A bunch of hours' for my standards being like 2-3...)

But no, irl got in the way and it seems I'll be busier than expected, so here's the report for the past ~24 hours.

I tried out a new spot! One that had been requested and I was quite curious about.
    [​IMG]

Upon entering the map for my first time, I was welcomed by the warm sensation of 4 roaring DK's and one sweeper. Precisely what you want to see when you're trying to farm a commodity to sell for a good buck.

In the end, I farmed for close to two hours and got a single helm dex 60. The rate is lower than I had hoped but definitely not a bad spot for newer players to level/make some money.

All in all, a comfortable map to hop around in and spam avenger. The mobs have low HP so I could probably 1hit here without Shadow Partner, but it feels wrong to not have my cool shadow behind me. Gach rates are good, too!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.

I also did my daily 16-minute-pap-solo, not much to note here except that my Pouch 1 rate has been absolutely stellar on this char. I think I got 3 pouches in 3 paps.

As for upgrades, I'm still saving up for my 14 att gloves, but I might delay slightly in order to pick up a HTP along the way and get closer to that 25 base dex.

Current overview:
    [​IMG]
    Next steps: Probably log more hours in Nightghosts and Brexton. Maybe swing by Rav etcs and/or Miner Zombies to pick up the pace towards next upgrades. Feel free to leave any suggestions if you want me to try any other maps!

PS: Another slight delay might occur due to me possibly revisiting my Osslock char, but that's not certain yet.

• Great Work Great Work x 8
  8. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Another day, that's for sure.

Good morning!

Yesterday I logged in at like 97%, went to Shaolin to finish off the level.
    Realised I didn't do the JC Prequests yet, and with those being amazing exp, I finished them off. Took about an hour to do.
    I was surprised to find the following eph results:
    1-2F: 10m
    3-4F: 10.5m
    5-6F: 12.5m
    At this point, all of these are worse than simply farming Thanatos. Even Brextons comes really close to beating 5-6F.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After that was done, I owled for Shifter again...
    [​IMG]
    Alright, time to try and farm it myself.
    [​IMG]
    Alright nevermind, I'll put a hold on that for now.

[​IMG]
    Improved upon my pap dph by a decent bit by switching to Ilbi's and coincidentally having received echo while afk in fm.
    This also reduced the run time. I killed main body between 12:30-13:00 and the second body was dead at 14:30.

upload_2023-9-25_7-28-59.png
    That's much better! 10m seems doable.
    [​IMG]
    Thankfully I didn't have to bother with it multiple times.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully this makes some of my pap runs a little more comfortable.

I decided to finish up the day with a few hours of Miner Zombies. They've been my favorite moneymaker so far.
    [​IMG]
    One thing I haven't really discussed in this journal is becoming more efficient at farming certain maps. I think Miner Zombies is my best example of this. When I started farming here, I was averaging 1.2-1.25m eph. Without currently feeling like I'm doing things all too differently, I'm averaging roughly 10% higher eph.
    Obviously, part of this is caused by my character being stronger, having to recast Shadow Star less often, perhaps even dodging more knockbacks, but I think my rotation is also slowly but surely getting better.

Finally, more evidence that the maple gods have truly abandoned me.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks, bye!

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Ur doing amazing. U show those sweaty 6 mulers there are very good options to train and earn money

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:02 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    when need echo and mw 20 can ping me on disc, if i am in home i help you mate

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Thanks, Leo! That's awesome :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day ?

Gonna speedrun this post because I'm turbo grumpy.

[​IMG]
    Meet Kerupuk, my eventual 20k NL. For now it's a storage mule for this challenge.

[​IMG]
    Figured getting this would make solo scrolling a little more comfortable.

[​IMG]
    Logged 2 more hours of nightghosts, got 0 scrolls.
    [​IMG]
    The gach weren't very rewarding either.

[​IMG]
    Updated raffles.

[​IMG]
    Ainz in shambles.

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  13. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hullo!

Excuse my negative nancy tone yesterday, it happens to the best of em.

Today I got a little distracted by both my osslock and leeching up my BM, so I only managed to log an additional 1 hour of nightghosts.
    [​IMG]
    Yet another fairly disappointing hour. Granted my EV doesn't include gach and currently 0 bwg's have been gained from the raffles, so the etcs (which are a notable part of the income) show up as nearly zero.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    No good rewards yet, but we're only 5 hours in!

On the note of hours logged...
    I've decided this (part of my) journal would benefit from having more defined goals.
    As such, I've come up with a few clear goals, which will be included in every post from now on.
    [​IMG]
    Perhaps I'll add some goals as the challenge continues (e.g. more specific goals for the CWK Exchange) but for now, these seem adequate and doable.

Looking beyond the horizon
    While I'm having a terrific time with this journal, I don't see myself doing this forever. I'm having fun and some of the resulting data feels rewarding, but its far from efficient progress.
    After I tick off all the goals on my list for this challenge, I might proceed in a similar format, but with 2 changes.
    1. I'll switch my focus from the NL to my BM-in-progress, ConeHead.
    2. All rules are gone. Multimaging, leeching, anything's allowed.

But, if you're enjoying this part of the journal, don't fret. I feel like I'll still need plenty of time to achieve the current set of goals!OnionPerfectOnionPerfect

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Hi there!

[​IMG] (Cider, Ilbi, no other relevant buffs)
    Did another Pap run today, this time without echo. Surprisingly I still finished within 14:05, fairly close to my echo'd pb. Perhaps Shifter really did make a notable difference in the amount of time I was able to spend free-firing.

[​IMG]
    One thing that has always confused me about NL's is the huge discrepancy between where my NL is now and the damage I see stronger NL's doing.
    Obviously a significant portion from this comes from having SE/MW20/Echo and notably higher base stats, but SP-wise my NL is basically already as good as it's going to get, DPM-wise.
    Sure, Shifter can go up another 11 SP, meaning I get to spend more time free-firing (I'll do the math on this later), and Shadow Star 30 would mean I spend marginally less time rebuffing.
    However, it still feels like the gap I'm supposed to bridge through additional base stats and improved gear feels absolutely massive.
    I suppose only time will tell how my damage improves when switching to 14 att gloves and some other upgrades.'

Logged another 90 minutes of Nightghosts!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pretty great haul, very happy with that!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    We're getting pretty close to half of the 'droprate' of a BWG from the exchange, let's keep it up!
    I might swap over to another spot for a bit in the near future, the last 5 hours of nightghosts has been incredibly depressing in terms of results.

[​IMG]

15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:02 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    You can also rebuff when bosses are on cancel (or pap closed), use buffs on a rope (with flash jump is easy) to fast rebuff to not lose dpm

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    OnionByeOnionBye

I got slightly distracted over the weekend again, but I do continue to go back to the NL. The goals will be reached! Just, slowly...

[​IMG]
    With the event coming to a close, I figured I'd dump all my points into these 3 chairs, they're pretty cute!

[​IMG]
    Also did some quick experimenting on other chars. I mentioned previously that my BM was getting leeched, that's finished for now!
    [​IMG]
    These are its current stats (with virtually no gear equipped). Clearly it's going to need a lot of work. However, the 2x vote came at a perfect time and I'll be washing out all the int next week.
    Hopefully I'll make it to 10k lines relatively soon, as I would really like this char to be a rav/pap mule.

[​IMG]
    I changed up the looks on my bishop a little!
    [​IMG]
    With echo, mage pot, and mw20, this is the current TMA. Just short of Skele 1hit (though almost everyone seems to think Skele is kind of shitty to do, so who knows if I'll even touch it.)

[​IMG]
    Before reaching skele, I figured I would try out 2hit petri. It was honestly surprisingly comfortable and I'm pretty happy about the exp. Might spend a few hours doing this after I finish my NL goals. (Yes, my I/L is strong enough for 1hit petri, but I just don't like the vibe)

Right, so on to actual NL stuff.
    [​IMG]

I logged (almost) an hour at Homunculus. A notorious multimage map that also seems to be quite profitable for efficient mobbers.
    Unfortunately, not as profitable for inefficient mobbers like my NL. Granted, this was without an OA Dex 30 drop, so the realistic income might be higher after I log some more hours. (Yes, I realise I should not have logged 0.95 hours when one of my goals is logging at least an hour in every row)
    [​IMG]
    On the subject of goals and logging, here's the latest overview!

• Like Like x 2
  17. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:02 PM
    1-hitting skele was the best shit for me.

I started playing 2018 with 1-hit skele as my goal but MW20(1bil) and Gen30(500-700mil) were too expensive for me to risk. I had 2bil meso saved up from solo farming and quitted.

2 years later 2020, the price dropped significantly. Came back to buy 100% svc for both MW20(2 books) and Gen30(3 books) from our dear friend shivering, with a few hundreds of mil to spare. That’s when I continued to play and started making my Shadower.

I enjoy the sound of shattering bones till this day.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Howdydoo!

With regards to the non-NL stuff: NightzNightz inspired me to level my Bishop, but I'll postpone that until after I reach Accuse's goals.

Back on track with focusing on the NL farm.
    Logged close to 2 hours of Nightghosts:
    [​IMG]

My rates seem almost shockingly low compared to raysinz5raysinz5 's journal. In this post they mention the following rates:
    Now if we compare these to my results so far: (Which obviously stem from a much lower sample size of 8.25 hours)
    [​IMG]

Obviously, a difference is to be expected with Raysinz having a much stronger NL than I do. My avenger oneshots Nightghosts like 50% of the time, so I expected lower values.
    However, particularly the difference in Claw 30 rates is making me feel a little unfortunate.

[​IMG]
    ...Thankfully my rate of OA Def 70 seems tremendously high, as I end virtually every hour with 2 of those. They feel similar to Brexton's dropping Energy Orb instead of Shadow Star.

[​IMG]
    Gach from 2 hours.

[​IMG]

Overview
    [​IMG]

Perhaps next session will be better! Still, today did make me approximately 11m :')

• Like Like x 1
  19. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    3:02 AM
    Nightghosts pls don't fail my boy. Reward him with a BWG!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:02 PM
    How many tails/bandanas are you getting per hour? I was getting about 833/hr for tails. I think bandanas’ more or less the same.

For your reference, in my 12 hours of farm, I had (/hr):

3x Cape INT 30 (0.25)
    6x Helm INT 30 (0.5)
    4x Cape INT 70 (0.3)
    4x OA INT 70 (0.3)
    13x Dag Att 30 (1.083)
    7x Claw Att 30 (0.583)

That was some time back. I could do a few hours of nightghost farming these few days for more data.