1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ainz Progresses a Poor Ranged Attacker

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    6:40 PM
    There is no one definition on what are mid or end game gears. Each of us defines our own.

My end game gears had always been 12wa equivalent gloves and 4wa cape scrolled with primary or secondary stats. For weapon would be roughly a +4, which is like 2x30% and 60%/70% the rest.

Anything beyond is a luxurious pursue.

Pardon my rudeness. Life has been a little too good and I stuck my nose too deep into the crap pool.

Now I understand how people become “toxic”.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:40 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    My endgame goals vary from day to day. One day I honestly couldn't care less, the next day I find myself wondering if 21 att gloves would really be that far out of reach. :')

Also I didn't read your message with any rude intent, don't worry. Any discussion on my threads is fine!

If I find myself bored at the pool later (probably will) I'll try coming up with a rough draft of the options for moneymaking I have in mind.

See you soon! OnionByeOnionBye

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Yeah, I trust you wouldn’t since you have an open mind and a big heart, anything else I wouldn’t know.

Looking forward to your 21wa gloves.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    (Part of) The Plan
    So, there are clearly a large number of maps or strategies to try out. For some of them, I feel reasonably confident they'll produce good results. For others, I'm entirely unsure how NL mobbing will hold up.

At the risk of prematurely giving away my 'secrets' (the vast majority of my inspiration will rely on well-known maps, I'm sure), here's the first few options I have in mind.

1. Cwk exchanges.
    While NLs are notoriously suboptimal farmers, I can't help but wonder if any of the exchanges (not just the obvious WS exchange) provides good income.
    Outside of the WS exchange, I have my sights primarily set on 3 of the other 4 exchanges. Notably, the ones with Taos.
    IMG_20230908_145428.jpg IMG_20230908_145418.jpg IMG_20230908_145408.jpg
    Two of these exchanges have 2 Taos in them, which I value fairly highly because they'll allow me to craft my own BFs. The other exchange only has 1 Tao, but also has Skullcrushers to perhaps slightly pad the EV.

With regards to the actual WS exchange, which I will also try, my plan is to buy the Crimson Hearts as those are virtually impossible to farm on the NL. This will come at a cost of reducing the EV per exchange, but save me significant time per exchange, which might have a positive influence on meso/hr.

2. Nightghosts
    This was the most obvious contender for a top meso/hr spot. The map might not be ideal, but the drops are simply too good to overlook. I expect breaking 10m/hr to not prove very unrealistic.

3. Boss Prequest items
    This might sound silly, but I'll definitely include a daily pap etc to sell. Soloing papulatus for now is probably not worth my time (definitely not without SE), so why not profit from the free daily crystal?
    Another avenue I'm curious about is Rav prequest items. I could either sell the golden orb used to summon rav or simply sell the separate ingredients (Bananas and the other monkey thingie). The latter seems more enticing, if demand holds up.

4. DGP
    A fan favorite, whether for mages, shads, or any other class. Mobbing these effectively may prove mildly tedious, but I still want to explore the meso/hr.

5. Shadow Star 20
    After having spent a traumatizing 7 hours at Brextons on my shad without finding a single SS20, I can only imagine all the fun I'll have repeating this process on my NL (which still needs the skillbook.) A rare treasure, but very worth the effort at a price of 40-50m.

6. Various valuable farmable scrolls
    I haven't mapped these out exactly, but there are multiple obvious options that come to mind even before a thorough brainstorm. More on that later.

That's probably it for now! I definitely forgot some and I'll 100% come up with more later. Bear with me until then!

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I buy 6/2 blouses 6mil meso each.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    5:40 AM
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
    I sold like 2000 rav pre quest etc items ( white monkey etc) to a guild/alliance member for like 20mil and it took me a couple hours with some breaks in between while watching a movie, using bishop genesis though. So selling pre quest etc is pretty good for some funds.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:40 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Looking forward to the remake of the NL!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    any progress today?

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    cool thread ainz cant wait for the next update

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Look u bastards I said I was on holiday. First update today!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Alright so this is mildly awkward...

After dealing with the heartbreaking realisation that my one single day-off at home will (as per usual) be obliterated by maintenance, I remembered that I did promise to put out an update.

As such, I quickly got to work. Doing any in-game stuff is obviously impossible, so I figured I would focus my efforts elsewhere: Google Sheets!
    [​IMG]

I expanded the list of options slightly and started working out a way to portray everything cleanly in Excel.
    All the numbers in the orange textboxes get updated from my various other sheets which are dedicated to logging individual maps/strategies. These sheets share roughly the same base format:
    [​IMG]

(Some aesthetic work is definitely required, will probably do some throughout this week and/or while entering the data from my farming.)

I've also been toying with the idea of improvising some sort of scoring/rating system, so that maps could be more easily ranked. However, after further consideration I realised there is only 1 metric people care about in this game..... So all maps will be ranked/sorted according to total meso/hr generated.

Sorry for the disappointing update for now, but I had promised an update :')

Next update will be actual in-game stuff (Gear setup, first hour(s) logged)

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 1: The first in-game update

Alright, praise Kimmy, the server is back!

The Setup (Continued)
    Ok, this was meant to be the simplest part of the journal, just slap some budget gear on my NL and be ready.
    This turned out to be slightly more annoying (and expensive) than I had hoped, but we made it work.
    When I logged in to my NL this morning, this is what I was greeted with:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Alright, that's to be expected. Can't wear my claw without face/eye/top/bot/shoe.
    I can't wear any of my Shad's Eye/Face gear, as it would pass the 500m budget. So, I had to make or find replacements.
    Unfortunately the server had only gone live a fairly short time ago, so my owls were coming up with disappointing results.
    So I did what any brave mapler does and decided to improvise.
    I only needed to gain 4 dex, so I figured I'd get that through my face/eye slot. After all, 2 dex specs aren't expensive and I'd only need to land a single 30 on a Rat Mouth / Branch Nose..........right?
    1. Bought the specs:
    [​IMG]
    2. Tried to land a single 30 on multiple rat mouths, failed 4 30s. Tried to land a single 70 on a different rat mouth, boomed instantly.
    Haha okay whatever, slammed remaining 70s on a Rat Mouth, came up with this:
    [​IMG]
    I'm only mildly upset.
    But at least I can now wear my top/bot/shoes and thus, my claw!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well, I think it's safe to say I managed to stay within the realistic upper bound of 500m. My NL is looking nooby as can be!

As for the Use Tab situation... Why is it always the same people that complain about NL being too expensive that then use Balanced Furies for card hunting in their cost analysis? We can cut some of those costs!
    [​IMG] Boom!
    [​IMG] Boom!
    [​IMG] Did bring some (leftover) better pots in case I needed them, but I think we'll be fine with pizzas.

So, the final result is this:
    [​IMG]
    A very weak NL with remaining base int, garbage gear, garbage stars, Shadow Stars 10.
    A quick damage test (on Coke Pill) gives you some insight on what my coming weeks will look like:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    If I can make money on this character, you should be able to make money on virtually any character.

• Like Like x 4
  13. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    drop those steelies

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i would disagree.
    at my journey to lvl 150, i never have 500m at any given point of time.

despite being lvl 170+, self-trained 99%, i only won 1x CS (sold at ~110m back then) and 1x WS (sold at ~200m back then)

My WS comes late, only after lvl 160+
    and no, i dont hog much tickets, will empty them when i hit around 60 stacks

15. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Claw looks expensive. Doesn’t look like it can fit into your 500mil? I can provide free css20 service for that to make it under.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Your gear is worth more than 500m bro hahaha /endchallenge

17. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Ainz his horrible gear definitely does not exceed 500m :^)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I’ll try’n do a generous evaluation.

Hat: svc + 10x Helm DEX scrolls = 60m
    Earring: 12mil
    MoN: 12mil
    Boots: 80mil
    Cape: 20mil
    Top: 50mil
    Pants: 50mil
    Gloves: 10mil
    4x Face Avo 30%: 40mil
    2x Face Avo 70%: 6mil
    Goggles: 15mil

Total: 355mil

71wa RC = 145mil??? HmmmMMMMM?!

19. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I bought the top+bot together for 45m. Either prices skyrocketed or your evaluation is very generous.

The scrolls I wasted on the 2 dex rat mouth don't actually count towards an evaluation of my gear imo. I just got unlucky. Realistically you'd be quite likely to get it for like 15m (1-2 rat mouths + 3 70's)

You could probably quite convincingly argue that the cost of a MoN for a lvl 140 char is virtually 0 as you can (and should) be running cwk regardless.

I do see your point. I hadn't considered the helm in my evaluation and the boots were apparently a good deal more valuable than what I paid for em.

20. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    71 wa RC is 400m to 450m ish.