1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update [Beta Test] Challenges System - HP Wash Alternative

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by xiaoyaoz, Feb 19, 2023.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:34 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I still like the "Buy 3000 AP Resets from Cash Shop" challenge idea.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    4:34 PM
    300 papu is 150days because you can only attempt 2 per day.
    while 50000 ludi mobs can be killed within hours. just roar roar.

3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    pay 150m and 5 months of work for copium hp im dead

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:34 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    hey it drops multiples if i remember correctly so it’s not 1 per kill

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. PreistestSky

PreistestSky Orange Mushroom

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    i would say the 50mil damage for priest is a bit easy compared to the 7k kills. by the time i had 2k dead i had delt 50mil. so to me they are quite imbalanced. i did this while at level 105 and finished the 2 mandatory challenges at 107.

imo bump the 50mil to atleast 100mil. or better yet bump it to 200mil as it has no location lock unlike the 7k deep ludi kill count. the damage can be completed from anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anna May

Anna May Blue Snail

Nov 27, 2021
    4:34 AM
    TransRights
    Cleric, Gunslinger
    Going for owls of minerva instead of return scrolls was definitely the right call, gives a lot of helpful market data which is fed into a few fan-made tools that makes the whole market easier to navigate for everybody, while also being an NX sink.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Isomeride

Isomeride King Slime

Jun 29, 2023
    9:34 AM
    Definitely want this HP challenge to enable late game contents to casual players. It'd be great to have more contents rather than just killing mobs.

Not sure if it is too late to make any suggestions, but here are my two cents.

I think instead of ONE challenge each 10 lvl since lvl 100, it might be better to have quests that people can start early and work along the way at lower level. We can make them area-based (e.g., for Kerning city: complete 5x Kerning City quests including at least 1 jump quest from Shumi, collect 50% of the monster cards in the area, and having visited 90% of all maps in the region) to get a Kerning City badge. Say you need 10 such badges for each challenge which is unlocked starting from lvl 100, so that people can integrate this challenge organically as they grind their way from lvl 1-100. It would feel like an achievement system where you get rewarded later on.

It can also be arranged such that there's a simple storyline where you get recognized by ppl from each area in the maple world hence you are awarded extra power to combat the late game bosses. This is just a rough idea, and would require a more complex challenge system, but hopefully will make the process less mechanical for players while leveraging the contents that are already in-game but less explored due to the usually lackluster rewards from quests and simply exploration. I believe this might also help new player retention as they can accumulate the progress bit by bit starting early in game, knowing that they will be able to access the late game contents if they just stick around and play along.

• Creative Creative x 3
  8. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    2:34 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It'd be nice if one of the high-level challenges involved ToT to bring some traffic into it that wasn't an arch mage in oblivion 5 or ML just spamming ults for scrolls. Most of the people I play with haven't even started or know that ToT exists, meanwhile I've completed the entire PB prequest solo, I miss grinding in ToT with other players back in GMS days..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    9:34 AM
    Made a quick update on the main post with respect to the new Challenge changes done in the Summer 2023 patch.
    Feel free to provide more feedback! We appreciate all the support and effort done by the players for the Challenge System. :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1