1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

DPS meter/chart

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Smokedope, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Smokedope

Smokedope Mano

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    1:41 PM
    Smokedope
    Beginner
    Freshstart
    I been playing maple legends for 3 months ish and ive had an amazing time, i jus watned to suggest something that is simple but will increase player engagement w the addition of end of boss runs damage charts. they did this in maplestory mobiel and it was always fun to see what classes can dps the hardest.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:41 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    a good way to prevent both laggard bossers who hides behind others on the run and dpm flexers who only post their cleanest runs (most dummylike)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    2:41 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Would be spicy getting dpm based splits. The fights that would pursue would be glorious

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    4:41 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    DPM BASED SPLITS!?

Oh man! Buckle up, I'm here for the drama!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    11:41 PM
    Endorphins
    I suggested this idea and people claimed it would bring toxicity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    11:41 PM
    Thief
    Siege
    hope it will come one day ,I'm in the same position since my friend above suggested it so I just paste it

always thought its nice idea
    I think it will make ppl more :
    • motivate at bosses
    • let them see diff and where they standing where its come to dpm
    • active in runs and give more effort

I can see where its can be harmful and invites bullying but I think its a nice info to share in the pt , maybe a toggle option by the leader or so can solve it all .

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    Fara
    Paladin
    In a perspective of more accurate dpm id like it especially to see my performance or evaluate methods to improve time in my duo or solo runs esp with multiclient attackers.

Easy implementation i think would be as the boss get summoned (when the flag for participating in a boss trigger such as eye,burst,teddy,essence,nut/crystal hit,auf clone killed summon) we could get autorepeating dpm5 till you leave boss room or something you can activate via the .ini. only issue i see here are HT preheads that would need manual @dpm or the auto dpm would overlap with the next summon

If you participate in a group that has a dpm policy it would be usefull and results across players and runs would be usable for comparison since its done in a systematic way.

Bonus would be that the results get posted in a <charactername>.txt or speadsheet friendly file with unix time, map id, dpm

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Distinguishing my body vs summon damage would be extremely useful knowledge