1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a common maple journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by GIMORING, Sep 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    4:49 AM
    It's good to hear another high level player's opinion too. Thank you for the confirmation.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    The purpose of this journal is to record my journey of reaching my goals.
    My goal in this server is to make a "complete NL" and be "self sufficient".

Everyone's definition of a "complete NL" is different. Here is my take:
    1. 30K HP / 5K MP. Able to experience all content, able to spam attacks without worrying about MP.
    2. All quests complete, helping the citizen of maple world. Pressing Q should show no available quests.
    3. Monster Book Ring at Tier 10.
    4. End game gear. Currently, my goal is to have gear with total value of 15,000 Prestigious Coins.
    Everyone's definition of being "self sufficient" is also different. Here's my definition:
    1. Since I am maining NL, I will make a BM so that I don't have to beg for SE like a peasant.
    2. I also need a Bishop for the same reason... to not beg for HS like a peasant.
    3. Able to clear low level bosses solo by triple clienting. This includes Zak, Krex, and Wulin (Jiaoceng), etc. This means my other characters should also be strong to a certain degree. I want my BM and Bishop to be geared and washed, preferably to 30K HP if possible.
    4. Not be reliant on a guild. I think I'll make my own guild and have no one join it.
    In the journal, I talk mostly about my goals and what I am doing to achieve them, but I also about how I think and feel while playing maple. I also have a button at the end of every journal entry that shows my progress at the time of the post. It's honestly not too interesting, but I would be happy if you enjoyed it.

Entry #6.

10/05/23, 2:30 AM.

Slowly but steadily progressing. Over 300 Quests done on NL, and both of my attackers now have Monster Book Ring Tier 3! I think my entries will come slower and slower as it's just leveling up my alts whenever I have the NX and farming cards and quests whenever I can.

There is currently a 2x voting event going on. I was thinking of how I could take advantage of this event the best I could. While looking through the ML discord, I saw a post of someone recommending a Voting App made by IceMingoIceMingo. Using his app lets me be able to get both of the blue votes easily for the full 15000 NX 12500 NX (Edit: Thank you DrChuchuDrChuchu) every day (with max streak). Here's how I do it:
    • Find a time block of 30 minutes or so where you can vote 2x a day. For me, that is 9 - 9:30 AM and 9 - 9:30 PM.
    • At reset, vote for Blue Kimmies first. There is no need to swap your internet connection for this. It should take around 15-30 seconds per account.
    • Now vote for the Red Kimmies, resetting your internet connection between each account.
    • Set an alarm for 12 hrs and 1 minute after your first Blue Kimmy Vote. (The time is shown in the app, which is really handy)
    • Once you hear the alarm, vote on Blue Kimmies again. Because you didn't vote Red Kimmies and Blue Kimmies at the same time, Blue Kimmies' 12 hour timer is reset in a consistent interval. You're going to vote for Blue Kimmies at roughly the same speed as you've done previously. In theory, assuming that I wait one extra minute every time I vote, I can vote up to 30 times within that timeblock before I am forced to reset. 30 times is 15 days' worth of Blue Kimmy voting, which is exactly the duration of the event.
    Voting App Picture.jpg

I haven't missed a single vote yet. Feels good. I recommend you all to give it a try, especially if you have multiple accounts. Thank you IceMingo for your work!

It's crazy how there are so many resources like this; so much so, in fact, that there is literally a Programming section in the ML forums! There are so many cool things there - from things most people generally know such as SrslyguysssSrslyguysss ' leech calculator and various washing calculators, to something that I never would have imagined like forum post summarizers and scrolling analyzers (You go kiwizkiwiz!!). It just goes to show the love people have for this game. I recommend checking it out, because it genuinely is interesting.

My Progress 100523.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    7:49 AM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Btw the double NX event only applies to Red Kimmy base amount. So max you can get per day is 12,500 (2x5000 Red Kimmy + 1500 max streak + 2x500 Blue Kimmy).

Source: confirmed by GM

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    Noooooooooo!!!
    Why must everything come with terms and conditions in this server?!?!
    If they said double they should mean double!!!! MapleF5MapleF5MapleF5

Edited the entry, thank you for the info.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Next, you'll be surprised to hear that the +10% event exp actually means you get 2.1x rate over 2x rate (effectively 5% over normal rates)

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    Thankfully other low exp servers also do it in that manner, so I'm not as surprised for that one MapleF3

7. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    The purpose of this journal is to record my journey of reaching my goals.
    My goal in this server is to make a "complete NL" and be "self sufficient".

Everyone's definition of a "complete NL" is different. Here is my take:
    1. 30K HP / 5K MP. Able to experience all content, able to spam attacks without worrying about MP.
    2. All quests complete, helping the citizens of maple world. Pressing Q should show no available quests.
    3. Monster Book Ring at Tier 10.
    4. End game gear. Currently, my goal is to have gear with total value of 15,000 Prestigious Coins.
    Everyone's definition of being "self sufficient" is also different. Here's my definition:
    1. Since I am maining NL, I will make a BM so that I don't have to beg for SE like a peasant.
    2. I also need a Bishop for the same reason... to not beg for HS like a peasant.
    3. Able to clear low level bosses solo by triple clienting. This includes Zak, Krex, and Wulin (Jiaoceng), etc. This means my other characters should also be strong to a certain degree. I want my BM and Bishop to be geared and washed, preferably to 30K HP if possible.
    4. Not be reliant on a guild. I think I'll make my own guild and have no one join it.
    In the journal, I talk mostly about my goals and what I am doing to achieve them, but I also about how I think and feel while playing maple. I also have a button at the end of every journal entry that shows my progress at the time of the post. It's honestly not too interesting, but I would be happy if you enjoyed it.

Entry #7.

10/22/23, 6 AM.

Phew! It's been a while and I've made some progress. I've gotten my Assassin's Monster Book Ring to Tier 5, Archer's Monster Book Ring to Tier 4, and have over 500 quests complete. OPQ's diary was the hardest quest so far -- I couldn't find anyone with page 9, so I was stuck running the quest until I was able to obtain it. Thank you to player Keliling for helping me obtain the last page!

Tier 5 Ring.jpg Diary.jpg
    I am never doing the diary quest ever again. I think it only gave me 13000 exp and some useless 100% scroll. It's not worth it, y'all!

It's getting cold recently. The temperature has dropped at least 30 degrees (F) where I live -- Fall is now coming in full swing. As I was sitting in my comfy chair, with a heater on my side and beating up some monsters in Maple, I thought about how lucky I was to be able to play video games like this.

Some time ago, when I was doing Orbis PQ, one of our party members suddenly logged out. One of his friends (who was also in the party) said, "Oh, he's from Israel..." And I thought, how unfortunate it is. There are so many unfortunate things happening in the world. The Russoukrainian war, the Israel-Palestine Conflict, Lebanon's economic contraction, Niger's coup... I am away from all of that. And I am enjoying this game with people who also enjoy the game. I realized that having this privilege was not easy. And while I do feel a bit guilty, I always think to myself that I should feel grateful for it instead, and have the most fun I can so that it does not go to waste.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, I think video games are more than something we play to have fun. I always think that it could be an idea, or maybe a concept, that everyone can get around without hurting anybody over it. Anyone who enjoys a video game enjoys it no matter where they're from, after all. And at the risk of sounding naive, I wonder if everyone played Maple and quested together, the world would be a bit better.

...maybe not, judging from some of the flaming in the forums... SlimeWink
    (just kidding)

My Progress 102223.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
  9. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    One day... once I'm in a better place with my portfolio...