1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a common maple journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by GIMORING, Sep 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    8:25 AM
    What a fool I am. Why did I start playing private server again, and a low rate server at that. No matter how much I try to escape, the maple addiction always comes back. I blame it on my brother. I have washed characters with end game gear in different servers, but no -- he wanted to play this server SPECIFICALLY, and would not change his mind. He has the gall to force me to play a new server despite the fact that he's a casual who will probably quit soon, and I will keep playing for much longer.

...But who can blame him. He's a good boi. I enjoy the time I spend playing with him. In the end I chose to play. Also, this server is pretty fun. LOL

I have so many memories with so many people in Maplestory private servers, but time makes everything so hazy. While I enjoyed myself and don't regret the time I spent playing Maplestory, this time, I wanted to record things. So that the time I spent isn't as hazy. So I can read this much later when I have quit for good and think to myself, "Oh, this was how it was. It was a good time."

Since I'm taking the effort to write this, I figure I should set a goal for myself. My goal in this server is to make a "complete NL" and be "self sufficient".

Everyone's definition of a "complete NL" is different. Here is my take:
    1. 30K HP / 5K MP. Able to experience all content, able to spam attacks without worrying about MP.
    2. All quests complete. Preferably, I want to be one of the top rankers in questing, but it is likely impossible, as more content may release more quests, and there are people who specialize in quests. At the very least, pressing Q should show no available quests. Helping the citizens of Maple World out as much as I can is a fun way to play this game.
    3. Monster Cards complete (Tier 11 Ring). (Edit: Rings only go up to Tier 10!)
    4. End game gear. This means at least 15,000 Prestigious coins’ worth of gear. That's a random number, but I'll set that as a goal.

Everyone's definition of being "self sufficient" is also different. Here's my definition:
    1. Make either a BM or MM (will not call it an SE mule, SE lives matter) so that I don't have to beg for SE like a peasant. Preferably a character I will also wash to 30K HP.
    2. Make a Bishop for the same reason... to not beg for HS like a peasant. I want to wash the Bishop to 30K HP/MP if possible.
    3. Be able to clear low level bosses solo by triple clienting. This includes Zak, Krex, and Wulin (Jiaoceng).
    4. Not be reliant on a guild. I think I'll make my own guild and have no one join it... I'm sick of maple drama. From my 10+ years of private server experience, I think nothing causes maple drama more than a guild, so I refuse to join one. As an aside... I understand that sudden dev changes are frustrating. I understand that you want to get back at people who wronged you. But it is not the way. The community is small. You will meet the same people over and over again. You can agree to disagree with one another, of course. Healthy discourse is healthy discourse. But it is my humble opinion that fighting with intention to hurt other people, to prove that you are right will only lead to suffering. We all have the same goal in the end -- to enjoy this cute little mushroom game.
      ... I'll make friends though. Maple is no fun without friends to play with.

It is very likely I will quit before being able to complete my goals. I don't recommend you read this, I think it will be boring. The updates won't be too often since it takes such a long time to hit the goals I want. But for the one or two people who may chance upon this post, and for myself, I'll try my best.

Happy mapling, whoever you are, and wherever you are.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:25 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Very enthusiastic goals! Don't forget to celebrate the little things on your way there :)

Best of luck!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    These are some exciting ass goals. 15k PCoins is ambitious even for the strongest NLs on the server. I think 8-10k is enough for most people to consider you "endgame". Other than that, seems like you've already done your research. For what it's worth, for a brand new player to hit these goals I would expect a timeline of at least 1.5 years given degenerate levels of play. Best of luck and godspeed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:25 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    following along, it will be great

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    AinzAinz Will do! I hit 4th job on my Bishop recently. I've done it so many times but it always makes me happy that I can FMA. Thank you for your support.
    beegorattobeegoratto I think I'm expecting a timeline of roughly 2 years or so. I'm too old to leech 8+ hours in skele every day. >.< . Appreciate your kind words.
    LeonardoJFLeonardoJF Don't expect too much hehe. Thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    The purpose of this journal is to record my journey of reaching my goals.
    My goal in this server is to make a "complete NL" and be "self sufficient".

Everyone's definition of a "complete NL" is different. Here is my take:
    1. 30K HP / 5K MP. Able to experience all content, able to spam attacks without worrying about MP.
    2. All quests complete, helping the citizen of maple world. Pressing Q should show no available quests.
    3. Monster Cards complete (Tier 10 Ring).
    4. End game gear. Currently, my goal is to have gear with total value of 15,000 Prestigious Coins.
    Everyone's definition of being "self sufficient" is also different. Here's my definition:
    1. Since I am maining an NL, I need either a BM or MM so that I don't have to beg for SE like a peasant. Preferably a character I will also wash to 30K HP.
    2. I also need a Bishop for the same reason... to not beg for HS like a peasant. I want to wash the Bishop to 30K HP/MP if possible.
    3. Able to clear low level bosses solo by triple clienting. This includes Zak, Krex, and Wulin (Jiaoceng). This means my other characters should also be strong to a certain degree.
    4. Not be reliant on a guild. I think I'll make my own guild and have no one join it.
    In the journal, I talk mostly about my goals and what I am doing to achieve them, but I also about how I think and feel while playing maple. I have a button at the end of every journal entry that shows my progress. It's honestly not too interesting, but I would be happy if you enjoyed it.

Entry #1.

9/10/23, 3AM

I wanted to make a post on my current progress, though I just made the post. hehe. I have made a temporary Bishop to raise my NL, SE and Battle Bishop (30K HP/MP). I vote on all four accounts every day, plus one more account for good measure. For those trying to vote multiple times, this is what I do:
    1. Download different browsers on my phone, as many as the number of accounts that you have.
    2. Turn Wi-fi off, use mobile internet (4G/5G).
    3. Once you vote with one browser, turn mobile internet off then on. Go to the next browser and vote on your next account.
    My temporary Bishop is at 126. My NL is at 55. Unfortunately, I have not created my SE and Battle Bishop because I wanted to make sure I leeched my brother (if I were to raise my other characters now I wouldn't have time to leech him). I think a lot of my motivation for playing hinges on getting my brother to boss with me one day, so I am helping him with his bishop so he can be self-sufficient. I think my current plan, in the order of importance, is to:
    1. Leech my brother whenever possible, while leeching my NL at the same time so long as I have the NX to MP wash. I can pick up the NX on my NL as I leech him, so that speeds up my NX goals a bit.
    2. Train my temporary bishop to be able to leech at Skeles.
    3. Make my SE and Battle Bishop and start leeching them too, which honestly isn't too important atm. I think my main damage for solo bossing will come from my NL. I also have less NX in my SE and Battle Bishop account, so I would quickly be bottlenecked anyway.

My plan for washing NL/SE to 30K uses Krythan's washing guide. To summarize, it goes like this:
    • Equip whatever int equips you can, whenever you can. Don't spend too much money on it though, since MP washing is only dependent on base int. For reference, I only gain 70 int from my gear.
    • From level 43 (whenever you hit 200 base int), start MP washing into INT.
      (Put Fresh AP you got from your level-ups on MP, then use AP reset to take points from MP and put it to INT)
    • From level 83 (whenever you hit 400 base int), start MP washing to your Main Stat
      (Put Fresh AP you got from your level-ups on MP, then use AP reset to take points from MP and put it to Main Stat)
    • When you hit your MP goals that guarantee 30K HP (use a calculator to figure out how much MP you need), use AP reset to convert INT in to your Main Stat.
    • Once you have no more INT and you have points on your Main Stat like a normal person, you can AP reset your MP into HP whenever you have the NX. Eventually you'll get lots of HP. Over time. Over a long period of time.
    ...I'll have to figure out a method to 30K HP/MP the Battle Bishop. There are some posts on many sites, but it's not so clear cut (because not many people are degenerate enough to do it). It's a lot more costly than any of the other HP washing goals.

While looking up all the washing guides, I thought to myself that it's nice to see so many people posting about washing goals and their methodology to do it. There is a quote, made famous by Isaac Newton (the falling apple physics guy) in his letter, that goes like this:
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    I used to think about this quote a lot (and still do). Would you rather be a giant or the person standing on the shoulder of the giant? I would definitely want to be the person. I think the majority of the people would want to as well. Yet there exists many "giants" today in forums, helping the small people who are just starting out on a server like me. They've done all the research, all the excel work and fact-checking with others to ensure that their ideas are correct. What's interesting is that instead of keeping the information by themselves and trying to benefit from others' lack of knowledge, people actively talk on forums to help each other out. This is my opinion (I'm a cynic), but I don't think people do it just for the sake of helping others. Maybe they do, but I think there is a different core reason. I would think that they just wanted to talk about things that they are passionate about, and wanting to find others who are passionate just like they are. Humans are social creatures after all. But you know what? That's great. That's even better. You're not on a moral high ground. You just want to make people happy by sharing things that also make you happy. Isn't that great? It gives me hope for this world. It's funny how forums on a mushroom game gives me hopes for humanity. But with how the world is nowadays with all the negative news, war and disease, I appreciate this little hope.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I like your writing style :)

Playing with brother sounds awesome!

Perhaps including screenshots would make the journal feel a little more colorful (though that's entirely personal preference, of course)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    AinzAinz Thank you for your kind words.
    And that's a great idea, thank you for that. I've actually never posted on forums before so I'm not familiar with how people usually do things. I'll try to get some pictures in tomorrow and edit the post as the game seems to be on maintenance at the moment. On that note, how do I "like" someone's post? It doesn't show me an option. Do I need to make enough posts to have the right to emote?

9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I don't remember off the top of my head, but it might take a few posts before that option shows up, yeah :)
    It'll be a row of options below 'Quote' and 'Reply' in the bottom right of a post/comment.

If you ever need any help for formatting or including pictures in your post, feel free to reach out in forum dms or on Discord ^^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    GIMORINGGIMORING just a heads up I don’t believe 30k/30k bishop is possible on ML.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    AinzAinz I see. No options for that yet, I suppose I will wait until forum gods tell me that I am no longer noob.
    Thank you for your offering to help, I will likely take it at some point :)

beegorattobeegoratto Thank you for letting me know. I recall in Pre-BB servers that you can manipulate Max MP Increase to manipulate HP/MP Gain/Loss. It is very possible that the devs have patched it in this server, as they have made changes to things that I usually see in Pre-BB servers (telecasting, slimy magic attack range, etc). I will do more research on it -- all I can do as a player is respect the state of the game and try to wash as much as possible within my limits, even if I cannot hit 30k HP.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Very relateable, will be following.

If you want to get high up the quest rankings you'll need to move carefully as quite a few quest clears are permanently misable.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Me, a highly endgame individual playing for the past 6 years, a networth of 3k coins at max.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    SobletSoblet Thank you for your support. I am currently following 4 sources of quest guides (3 from ML forums, 1 from a different server) to ensure that I am not missing anything. I think MapleLegends has unrestricted level limits for many quests (such as the level 40 Showa quest) which is one of the nicer changes in my opinion. I think I will make a post about it at some point.

FerluciFerluci ... I will do my best... >.<

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Surpass me. U can do it i believe in u

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yea this is not possible on Legends, your MP loss will always be 30mp when taking points out of MP as magician. Regardless of what the tooltip of the AP reset tells you

17. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    11:25 PM
    Very ambitious goals. Once you reach a point where your income is consistent, you'll have a better idea of where you'll be in two years.

As for images, I've created my own Discord server with channels to upload images to and then linked them using the image insert feature. I'm not sure if the images will expire; my first image, uploaded in 2018, is still intact.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    11:25 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    I for one am excited to follow your adventure! Love the ambitious goals :)
    As I understand, this was once possible in MapleLegends, but was fixed as part of the February 2023 patch.

19. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    With regards to washing your bishop, you can attempt the process used in this guide.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/beginner-mage-guide.44958/

There was a nerf in the feb patch of 2023, which makes it so beginners cannot job advance after level 30. So the work around is to just job advance at level 29. Essentially you level a beginner to 29, while excessively washing to take advantage of the better hp formulas, then job advance to mage at level 29. Doing so will yield some extra HP compared to normally washing a mage that job advanced at level 8.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    11:25 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Thanks akashskyakashsky! Good point, that should still work until level 30. Though, GIMORINGGIMORING this would require a considerable amount of NX to be spend washing very early in this character's career!