1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a common maple journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by GIMORING, Sep 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:34 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    That is different from the max MP manipulation that is possible in some servers which is what I was referring to :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    3:34 AM
    kiwizkiwiz Thank you for your input. From what you've said, I will infer that you can't just upload pictures into the forum discussion -- I would need some sort of a host for the pictures. I believe I will do the same and use a discord channel to keep my pictures intact.

KrythanKrythan I actually wanted to mention you on my first post. One of the reasons why I came back to Maple is because of your post regarding double washing; it made me nostalgic about private servers and made me want to play again. Because you're at a much higher place than I am, I thought I would try to talk to you after I hit my goals to a certain extent. Since you're already reading, though, I wanted to say thank you -- you are one of the giants.

NightzNightz akashskyakashsky KrythanKrythan Thank you for your inputs. If 'Max MP Increase' skill cannot be manipulated, that certainly throws a wrench in my plans... The conversion ratio for Mage class' stale washing will always be (10 to 20 HP) / (30 MP). You all are right that I should take advantage of Beginner class' washing, which is (8 to 12 HP) / (8 MP), but I don't know how far I can get in 29 to 30 levels, especially when I cannot equip many of my INT gear for a significant portion of that time. As it stands, I think the most efficient way is:
    1. Level beginner to 29 or 30 (must confirm where the breakpoint is), while having as much base INT as possible and having the strongest washing gear possible, with MW30 ready.
    2. Wash until minimum MP limit.
    3. Job advance twice and start MP washing immediately (as Fresh AP into HP is worse than Stale AP for mages.)
    4. Monster Book Ring + Pet Equip HP to fill whatever I lack.
    I will have to calculate the possible amount of HP that I can gain via exploiting beginner ratios. Let me know if anything I listed is incorrect and/or you find a more efficient method. As long as I can hit potential 30K HP/MP by level 200, that is fine. One thing I do know -- I will have to wait a long time to accomplish this. Probably 4 to 5 years of voting.

3. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    6:34 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    These goals are crazy ambitious, and I'm super excited to see them pan out!

Hmmmn. Now I'm curious to run the numbers on the HP gains you could do as a beginner. Either way, start voting ;) You've got some NX to save up first!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    6:34 PM
    Oh, you certainly can upload to the forum using the upload a file button.

I'm sharing my method as it allows me to organise my images in different channels.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    Oh, I realized that you have a lot of journals, so I see why you need the organization. For now, I will be a caveman and upload directly, as I hope that this journal is the only thing I will write. (It probably won't and I'll regret it, but for now...)

It's good to know though, I appreciate that you told me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    1:34 PM
    Great journal, following. :3

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    The purpose of this journal is to record my journey of reaching my goals.
    My goal in this server is to make a "complete NL" and be "self sufficient".

Everyone's definition of a "complete NL" is different. Here is my take:
    1. 30K HP / 5K MP. Able to experience all content, able to spam attacks without worrying about MP.
    2. All quests complete, helping the citizen of maple world. Pressing Q should show no available quests.
    3. Monster Cards complete (Tier 10 Ring).
    4. End game gear. Currently, my goal is to have gear with total value of 15,000 Prestigious Coins.
    Everyone's definition of being "self sufficient" is also different. Here's my definition:
    1. Since I am maining an NL, I need either a BM or MM so that I don't have to beg for SE like a peasant. Preferably a character I will also wash to 30K HP.
    2. I also need a Bishop for the same reason... to not beg for HS like a peasant. I want to wash the Bishop to 30K HP/MP if possible.
    3. Able to clear low level bosses solo by triple clienting. This includes Zak, Krex, and Wulin (Jiaoceng). This means my other characters should also be strong to a certain degree.
    4. Not be reliant on a guild. I think I'll make my own guild and have no one join it.
    In the journal, I talk mostly about my goals and what I am doing to achieve them, but I also about how I think and feel while playing maple. I have a button at the end of every journal entry that shows my progress. It's honestly not too interesting, but I would be happy if you enjoyed it.

Entry #2.

09/12/23, 7AM.

After looking at many Maple Journals and some suggestions, I realized that I should have a formatting of some sort so any new people reading will have an easier time understanding what I write. I'll have a spoiler regarding the purpose of this journal at the top, and spoiler regarding my current progress at the bottom going forward. Hopefully it makes it easier to read for you. SlimeSmile

Summer event is here! The first day of fall in 2023 is September 23, so I figure it may have been a tad late. But with all this global warming, maybe it's still summer after all. And I do enjoy extra AP Resets. I'll take anything as an excuse for free AP Resets. Bring Christmas events in June, please and thank you ML Staff. [​IMG]SlimeGrin I looked at the event details and thought, that is a lot of content for a private server with limited personnel. I currently am aspiring to be a game dev, so I would like to think that I understand the work it takes, to a certain extent. Even if it's a repeat event (I don't know if it is) and/or the assets already exist in some form (I don't know if it is, I'm just assuming the easiest case), you have to watch out for stuff like economy, distribution of items, state of the server (in terms of the players and meta), and many other variables to make it successful. As a player, while I don't like every change that ML has made, I generally like them -- and I'm grateful that they're putting in so much effort to keep a nostalgic server fresh, an oxymoron and also a challenge in itself.

Fishing with fellow Fishermen.JPG

By the way, have you heard the music in the fishing spots? These are jazz version of maple BGMs made by Necord Music, Neckson's internal sound team. They've also made music for other popular games, such as Dungeon & Fighter, Mabinogi, and many more. A lot of their music is good for productive work, so if you need something while you're working or studying, I highly recommend them (They have a YouTube channel). My favorite tunes from them are the jazz version of El Nath and Raindrop Flower (Ereve Training Grounds).

Best of luck to everyone participating in the event! Let's farm lots of coins together. I didn't realize until brother told me that characters with lower levels have a worse reward pool in the event raffle -- so it seems better to stick to AP Resets if you are low level and need them. If you would like to share your tips/strategy for this event, please do! I would appreciate it. I also really like the female hairstyles this event -- I've made an archer and raised her to 25 (minimum level for the Summer Event Quest according to my brother) to take advantage of the new summer cosmetics. Once I have enough Fishing Coins to buy the Summer Cosmetics Bundle, I'll upload pictures of my characters.

Now, where are all the pots at...?

I am noob so lots of things are red, but give me a couple years, and I'm sure it will change. SlimeCool

My Progress 091223.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    I'm glad you like it! I didn't expect so many people to read my post. I'll try to keep you entertained :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    6:34 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Keep it coming! I like how your tracking your character progress in the spreadsheet, interesting!

kiwizkiwiz is the modern journal expert around here :)

> These are jazz version of maple BGMs made by Necord Music, Neckson's internal sound team. They've also made music for other popular games, such as Dungeon & Fighter, Mabinogi, and many more.

Fun fact, I didn't know that!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    Yeah, I've already learned a lot from reading her journal. It's good stuff! And I'm glad you like the spreadsheet. Hopefully I can get my characters off the ground so it's not a sea of red one day.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Thank you for your kind words! Not all my journals are organised since it takes a bit of time and effort to do so, and the forum is not exactly designed to do this kind of stuff.

Nevertheless, it’s a good opportunity to improve your organisational soft skill which will be a valuable asset going into game dev, because it certainly did for me. There’s even free feedback from the readers for improvements too, so why not take advantage of it as well.

At the end of the day, it’s your own enjoyment that matters the most.
    Thanks! I have no idea what a modern journal even is. But am glad that my journals managed to inspire people.

Am also surprise that my most popular journal has over 17k views despite having less than 2 months of posts.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male

1. 30K HP / 5K MP. Able to experience all content, able to spam attacks without worrying about MP.
    2. All quests complete, helping the citizen of maple world. Pressing Q should show no available quests.
    3. Monster Book Ring at Tier 10.
    4. End game gear. Currently, my goal is to have gear with total value of 15,000 Prestigious Coins.
    Everyone's definition of being "self sufficient" is also different. Here's my definition:
    1. Since I am maining NL, I will make a BM so that I don't have to beg for SE like a peasant.
    2. I also need a Bishop for the same reason... to not beg for HS like a peasant.
    3. Able to clear low level bosses solo by triple clienting. This includes Zak, Krex, and Wulin (Jiaoceng), etc. This means my other characters should also be strong to a certain degree. I want my BM and Bishop to be geared and washed, preferably to 30K HP if possible.
    4. Not be reliant on a guild. I think I'll make my own guild and have no one join it.
    In the journal, I talk mostly about my goals and what I am doing to achieve them, but I also about how I think and feel while playing maple. I have a button at the end of every journal entry that shows my progress. It's honestly not too interesting, but I would be happy if you enjoyed it.

Entry #3.

09/15/23, 4:30 AM.

Emergency! It has come to my attention that 500NX and 750NX cards are no longer dropped. Apparently, it was a remnant of a previous event that did not get reverted. Now that my washing characters are even more strapped for NX, trading 7 Blue Coins to make 7 AP Resets every week are of utmost importance. Every 2 AP Resets (6200NX) that I am unable to get is roughly a day of delay (6500NX + 500NX from Voting) to wash out my characters, which I think is one of the biggest bottlenecks in accomplishing my goals. In fact, I cannot leech my Assassin further because he doesn't have enough NX for the next level!

Thankfully, icebox drop rates has increased, so farming monster cards while farming the iceboxes for the leechers is perfect. I was going to farm monster cards eventually -- icebox farming is just a cherry on top. There's a great guide for Monster Card Farming by Precel and Bambo (Link to forum post, Link to google docs). Not only does the spreadsheet shows you the most efficient map per monster, it shows card routes for the most efficient card hunting method. Hopefully I can get update my progress spreadsheet next week with a Tier 1 ring on both characters (it will still be red, though!).

I wrote on my last entry that I would have pictures of my current characters on my next post. Here they are:
    Will.jpg Meryl.jpg gimoring.jpg
    Will is a shorthand for William, the latter of which are made of elements "will, desire" and "helmet, protection". It's also a name of the character in a manga that I like, Saihate No Paladin.
    Meryl is a variant of Muriel, which stems from the Irish name Muirgheal -- it's made of the elements "muir" (sea) and "gheal" (bright). Essentially, a shining sea. It's also a name of a song by one of my favorite artists, T-Square.
    GIMORING is kimochi. It's kind of a meme-y word used by Koreans, brought over from Japan. It's pretty degenerate. That's why it's so great. SlimeGrin It's also a hype word that my cousin and I use when we play League.

I was going to make and show off my future Bishop, but I realized that as of now, there is truly no possible way to hit 30K HP/MP as a Bishop. I did some research, took several hours raising new characters to test and also spent around 90K NX on my off-account. From what I see, there is no method of manipulating HP/MP gains in an efficient manner. I've considered bloodwashing conversions, MP -> HP conversions, and looked up multiple other private servers for guidance -- nothing. In the end, it boils down to three things:
    1. (EDIT: I state here that 'Fresh AP into HP' gives +6 HP only, but I was wrong. It is +6-10 HP per -30 MP. I was lazy and didn't have enough sample size. Thank you NightzNightz for correcting me. However, this does not change that 30K HP/MP is still impossible, because there is not enough 'Fresh AP' to hit 30K hp with. You gain a lot more MP at later levels with MP washing, so Stale Washing MP into HP is still the best way even if it's not as efficient as Fresh AP.)
      Both 'Fresh AP into HP' and 'Stale AP Reset' (MP -> HP) gives +6 HP, -30 MP for Magicians, no matter what circumstance. I've confirmed it with many AP Resets. It is specific to this server -- probably stemming from one of the balance changes done prior. NightzNightz did say that -30MP was fixed, but I did not realize that +HP gain was also fixed for both scenarios until I did my testing.

2. Therefore, you need around ~160,000 MP created solely from washing (so no natural MP gained in level ups count for this calculation).
      • MP Washing from Lv. 40 to Lv. 200 gives around ~48,500 MP.
      • MW20 gives ~10,000 MP, assuming full INT mage.
      • Max MP Increase gives ~8,100 MP over the course of its life.
      • INT gear is negligible as it does not work with MP Washing. Assuming the most optimistic scenario, maybe 150 INT in gear, which would be ~3,000 MP even if you had the gear starting at level 1.
      • That's a total of 69,600 MP, which doesn't even come close to the goal. No amount of optimization can solve such a giant gap.
    3. You are not allowed to manipulate HP/MP ratios using beginner class (as stated by many people above), which has significantly better gains. I've read the balance change notes and the discussion that followed. I'm not going to talk deeply about this matter, since the conversation has already finished with both sides making very valid points. It is a shame that I can no longer follow my goal, though.
    If anyone wants my estimated calculations and notes, feel free to let me know (they are pretty messy though!). I would love to be proven wrong. For now, I'll hold off on making the 30K/30K Bishop, and put goals for my Temporary Bishop in the progress spreadsheet. If there are changes that allow mages to be 30K-able, then I will adjust my goals then.

upload_2023-9-15_4-33-26.png

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:34 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    That's not entirely true, HP gains are the following:
    Code:
    HP Gained from Fresh AP: 6 - 10 hp
    HP Gained from Stale AP: 6 hp
    Can find more about the washing formula's in this thread

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    1:34 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    NightzNightz , thank you for your reply. I Fresh AP'd one of my mages one more time, and it gave me 10 HP.
    I should have had a larger sample size -- I only Fresh AP'd six times and all six times gave me 6 HP (did a whole level and I was shocked, so leveled once more and did 1 more AP after), so I just assumed it was the way it was. I will edit my post. Thank you for correcting me!
    Unfortunately, I believe that this doesn't change the fact that 30K HP/MP Bishop is impossible SlimeCry , as there are not Fresh APs to go around.

PelinsuPelinsu Thank you for your compliment (even though I messed up the HP MP ratio, sorry!), and thank you for your offer. I don't have any questions for now unless you know of any other methods to hit 30K HP in the current state of the game. I am currently using Krythan's guide to wash my NL and BM - it really is a good resource.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male

3. Monster Book Ring at Tier 10.
    1. Since I am maining NL, I will make a BM so that I don't have to beg for SE like a peasant.
    2. I also need a Bishop for the same reason... to not beg for HS like a peasant.
    3. Able to clear low level bosses solo by triple clienting. This includes Zak, Krex, and Wulin (Jiaoceng), etc. This means my other characters should also be strong to a certain degree. I want my BM and Bishop to be geared and washed, preferably to 30K HP if possible.

Entry #4.

09/20/23, 12 AM.

I think I'm getting the hang of this! I have a flow going and it feels good. Here's what I do whenever I play:

1. If there are events, do event content to the best of my abilities.
    2. Farm Monster Cards according to Precel / Bambo's Card Route.
      • Adjust the Route based on my Archer's level so that she can be leeched while card farming. For example, my archer's level is 3X so she won't get EXP from Yetis - so skip to Aqua Road instead. That way I don't have to train!
      • Once decided on the mob to farm, check BBB (a before-big-bang Maple database) and see if the Etc. the monster drops is relevant to a quest. If it exists, save the Etc and store it in my storage mule for later.
      • Farm for both attackers' cards. Bishop gets any leftover cards due to card imbalances (if multiple enemies in map).
    3. If time left over (or need variety), do quests on Assassin.
    I mentioned that I wanted to hit Tier 1 Ring for both my characters in my previous post.

Tier 2 Ring.jpg

Ta-da! I'm actually at Tier 2!!! Monster Card hunting is actually not so bad, especially so with the guide. Not gonna lie, there's a small pang in your gut when one card you need to finish the set refuses to drop after 30-40 minutes of genesis. But they're pretty therapeutic and can be done on your own time. The rings also look shiny. Unfortunately, I need to release my game portfolio by end of this year, so I'll have to cut down on Maple time. I won't be able to progress as fast as I have so far.

On a separate note, I've asked the Washlord Krythan some questions and came to my own conclusion that I should raise my Base INT for my attackers to 450. This is because:
    • I only have one bishop, so if I want to wash myself, I'm limited to 1-Shot Skeles at best (Currently, I am a 3-Shot Skeles noob). I do not have access to 1-Shot Petris (need AM or be a godlike Bishop) or 5-6F (2 AMs) leech. Since Skeles is the least EXP-rich map among the three, I need to cut back on my estimated levels to compensate.
    • I am poor (in comparison to other people who are starting 30K washed characters) so I must leech myself a majority of the time to save on costs.
    • I have lots of time to save NX, since I will be hunting monster cards, questing, and leeching in the meanwhile.
    I'm glad I'm documenting my journey not only because I can share it with others, but also because it is genuinely useful to my gameplay. I think making myself write one has made me more aware of how others read what I write. This makes me double check what I say to see if I'm not making mistakes (which I have many times already blankstaremush), if there are better ways to handle this problem, if there more ways to make it efficient, etc.

If any of you are experienced with Card Farming, please feel free to give me tips. I'd appreciate it.

The new numbers in the 'Monster Book Ring Tier' fills my heart with determination. I completed more quests too!

upload_2023-9-19_23-59-38.png

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Sharing my card hunting experience. I collected 300 sets in roughly 3 months, with daily play sessions of 1-3hrs on Shadower.

I think on average is 30min per set. There are sets that you can complete under 10min, and a few that may take you more than an hour if you are not very lucky.

The longest for me was Wolf Spider, which took me around 90min. I skipped most of Elnath cliffs, only did the hectors and white fangs, and the snow lady mini boss spawn.

At the time of my completion, CWK cards weren’t released yet. So it should be slightly easier now to complete with more options.

I usually hunt the cards by regions, starting with Orbis Tower, Victoria Island, China Shanghai, Japan Shrine/Showa, Singapore/Malaysia, Orbis, Ariant/Magatia, Korean Folk Town, Elin Forest, Mulung/Herb Town, Aquarium, Ludi Tower, Omega Sector, Deep Ludi, New Leaf City, Florida Beach, then fill the remaining with bits from Elnath and Leafre.

Ludi Tower was a very memorable experience. Brought me back in time when I was climbing up and down as a kid more than 10 years ago, probably somewhere between 2006-2010. But now full screen on my 27” monitor and my gaming speaker, very immersive.

Anyway, at what level are you planning to wash to 30k HP again?

18. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    kiwizkiwiz Thank you for your reply!
    IIRC, not all the cards are required to hit Tier 10 ring, right? I think it's smart that you skipped Elnath Cliffs. The areas don't seem that populated when you pass the gate NPC, the monsters revive which I would think is a hassle, and doesn't seem good for mage FMAs either. Do you know if more tiers of the ring are expected come out? I want to be a completionist and just do ALL the cards, but I need a valid reason to do it... SlimeSweat2

Krythan's guide was set at 150, calculated with no gear. I plan on washing around 140. I currently get 8 int per level from gear, which should save around 4 levels of grinding per the guide. With 450 Base INT, I think I should be fine. I haven't done the calculations, but if I don't have enough MP by then, I'll just grind a bit more. In the end, as long as I check the amount of MP I have prior to washing out ( > 23,150 MP), I should be fine. I also have leeway from Fresh HP washing in the future 60 levels as well, if I really need it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Yeah, I think the first 5 tabs till the light blue already covers more than 85% (~260-270?) of the sets. There are more than 400 sets including the boss cards. So definitely doable.

Not expecting more tiers. If anything, I’d prefer new rings. Currently we only have monster card ring and ellin forest ring. Would be nice to have a quest ring and fashion ring. Quest ring is something that has been suggested. Fashion ring is something I made up, with the idea being to collect 5 of all kinds of equipment, like a monster card book but for equipment.

I haven’t calc anything but I vaguely recalled washing to 30k HP required somewhere around 6.5-7mil nx total. If you are following washlord’s guide should be all good.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    Good to know! I guess I won't have to pay TienK after all.

The more I think about the Quester's Ring, the more I want it. I've always wanted DEF and MDEF to be useful stats. I was initially against it because I thought it gave all stats/WA/MA, but the stats given seem pretty reasonable IMO.
    This means I'll have more reasons shoot for full Timeless Gear, something I already wanted to do already! Stacking Timeless Gear (125 WDEF OA) + Timeless Pendant (125 Total DEF) + Aufheben Circ (200 TDEF) + Quester's Ring (500 TDEF) would give you a LARGE amount of WDEF/MDEF. Maybe it will make a difference in rare fights when pet pot bugs out and I get taken down to under 500 HP. Another comfy addition to NLs.