1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping things strictly "nostalgic"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 13ad, Nov 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. 13ad

13ad Slime

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    2:04 AM
    The whole purpose of keeping HP washing was because staff wanted to keep legends strictly pound for pound v62. (but it seems recently, we're straying away from this ideology and only using it to defend our thoughts when it benefits our point)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the introduction of pink bean, did players in the past have to dish out absurd amounts of money (for hp washing) to be able to fight pink bean? Or was the transition to get rid of hp washing implemented with the addition of PB.

If we are implementing something that doesn't naturally belong in v62, does it make sense to keep its stats the way it currently is? We already used this idea on tuning down reverse weapons, why not do the same to PB.

Although PB is definitely ment to be a late game boss, I feel that we're focusing too much on providing content for late game players who have played for the past years, and not trying to help retain the immense amount of new players we're gaining due to covid.

I believe we really should be looking at why players leave and only stay a few weeks for the nostalgia to get their fill and leave the game.

HP washing- seeing post after post saying you need 1year+ of voting nx to be able to access legends to its fullest content. (really not appealing) Now, you really cant say hp washing isnt optional....

Starting Mage First- this is just so unhealthy for the game. Forget the ability to make money fast. I dont care about that, id play nl if that was the ONLY issue. But the issue of having to put ap into a [STAT THAT SHOULDENT NATURALLY BELONG] makes it a requirement to leech your own character. What fun is that? skipping the enjoyment of 1st/2nd/3rd/even 4th job and pressing shift every few seconds on a mage....

Dont tell me that just because Neckson did it in the past and it was successful and popular, that everything was perfect. Why do you think in future versions they got rid of hp washing.

As we grow older, the maplestory "nostalga" transitions from v62 to v8x as younger kids seek for the nostalgia that happened in their time. Maybe thats why legends decided to start implementing stuff from newer version to keep the games longevity. But i also wonder what kids from the v8x generation would think about hp washing.

TLDR: If we are taking back the argument of "keeping things 100% nostalgic v62" and adding things such as PB and reverse weapons that dont naturally belong in this version, then we should also rethink the issue of [required hp washing] dont tell me its optional. and not being able to play a class that you want to play right off the bat, and playing leechstory.

My view on HP washing still stays consistent. [https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/lets-solve-hp-washing.21020/]

EDIT:

To those confused on what im talking about how nostalgia is transitioning from v62 to v8x.

I'm highlighting the point that the new wave of maplestory gamers seeking private servers tend to be younger kids now, in which their perception of nostalgia would be of newer v8x servers hence, coming into ML blind. Not knowing about hp wash could be detrimental in the long term.

There needs to be a way to be able to get to the minimum hp requirements without having to restart your character, leechstorying it, intstorying it, or etc

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.