1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Melee vs Ranged.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zorele, Dec 24, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    3:28 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I mean i'd have to check the drop table to tell you which ones are good but if you are low level card farming and avenger 1 or 2 shots it's probably faster due to the better mobility.

2. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    12:28 AM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I really enjoy my Hero, I choose to play it over my BM/DK which are arguably higher tier classes. My point with that comment is that IMO the fantasy that attracts players to Hero is to be a self sufficient adventurer that doesn’t need 2mil NX or 3 separate clients and a bunch of party buffs. I do not think Hero really needs to be any better at bossing, because that’s not their niche. However, lacking mobility and range really does hurt Hero’s ability to adventure, you simply cannot cover as much area. Furthermore, adding some dash to silvermane IMO truly does not upset the balance of the character roster because late game players would just whip out a mage to farm things if they really wanted to.

NL is much better at searching for area bosses, taking down large numbers of low level mobs, hitting mobs that are spread out, farming maps that have a lot of parkour. Hero also has a hard time using CC/FM teleport tricks to traverse maps because they can’t turn invisible to de-aggro mobs. Questing is another pain point, it’s simply better to move faster. These are all activities that someone who is drawn to the self-sufficiency of warrior likely wants to do.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:28 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    As I told you in discord, I am relative new here, but i always heard peoples used warrior to grind at tot before multi mages, so i tought about farm mesos, about low lv card u have reason

4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:28 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I understand alot of this points as a warrior

5. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Yeah. I believe melee attackers are better at ToT however i can't argue for how much better. Then again making money has a lot of alternatives and i think there's good ways to make money for both.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I think the issue is it isn't expected for hero to be better. It just feels wrong that there's considerable gap between these classes in terms of bossing effectiveness. If there was a fair amount of content in which heroes/dk/shads were considered the uncontested top dogs, i'd argue the gap would make a lot more sense yet it all comes down to single target.

I do agree that a class like hero would be an ideal solo main due to their ease of wash, training and so on. For better or for worse it turns out that most players use varying degrees of alts and multiclienting so the balancing is more complicated. With that in mind it's hard to truly recommend hero/shad/dk. I think these classes would boil down to a pick if you're never planning to touch a 2nd client/class which boils down to a small amount of players. After hp challenge, it seems impossible to make that recommendation objectively.

7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    NL isn't
    i think bucc is generally regarded as the best class tbh

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Thanks for the clarirication. Giving it more thought i agree. I think there is room to argue between NL, bucc and corsair but buccs have an essential role in multiple bosses while providing high damage.

9. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:28 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  10. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Is that because of pb?

11. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    As another perspective, if we viewed Melees through the lens of being economic tools like mages rather than poor-man's attackers, they could be quite strong without threatening the niche of ranged bossers if ML added some map changes to provide the opportunity. Frankly if anything, I feel like Mages overshadow Cleavers in the meta more-so than ranged attackers do because they are also easy to build but deal a shocking amount of single target DPM, are even preferable to cleavers in many bosses, level even faster than Warriors, and entirely outclass cleavers in money-making potential.

But, imagine if we could spawn both daily instance bosses like Rav/Pap/JC/Nameless at the same time, this would immediately give cleavers a niche that no other class can contest.

We could also have more maps with a small number of very tanky mobs on a flat surface that drop items that are valuable and difficult to attain for other classes (as opposed to raw mesos/NPC-ables which just add to inflation). We do have Iruvatas / Rextons / After-lords / Crimson Guardians / NTPQ / a few other things that come to mind, but IME those maps are both harder to farm and less lucrative than basically any other money-making activity I could be doing instead.

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    While i agree this would be a cool concept this further the problem. Instead of mage farmers you'd have cleave farmers into ranged attackers meta. The cleave on bosses suggestion sounds cool yet farfetched.