1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Event Balance Changes and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Kylethegod

Kylethegod Red Snail

Mar 11, 2019
    Male
    2:11 AM
    KanuxUnchou
    Dark Knight
    Glory
    When is Fire Poison mages getting nerfed. Since I multi-client a Fire Poison in HT ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    11:11 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Why would you compare 1 hit skele without looting to 5-6 without looting? 5-6 you literally can not use a sweeper because the map is designed very poorly for pet looting due to the book shelves and the multiple platforms throughout the map and the fact you already have to navigate 2 mages + move HS/SI/HB between your two mages to refresh buffs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    9:11 AM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    can you guys make heavens hammer 3-4x times faster dealing 75k, this will only help pally mains and not HH mules, also make it 10 seconds but reduce the damage on mobs, to 150k, this a better middle ground than making pallies unviable at ht,

4. yomag

yomag Red Snail

May 14, 2020
    2:11 PM
    Beginner
    Realistic comparison then:
    Assuming 2 loot mules, thats 16~24m. Granted, mages move their HS/HB/SI between two mages to refresh buff at two minute intervals. 1h skele leech has to hit 3 spots within the respawn timings and move their 1 or 2 loot mules.

Oh, just to add, not all bishops charge 6.5m split because not all of them level-cap themselves at lvl 16x.

5. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    1:11 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    If bosses etc NPCable for meso wise then I suggest mount should be tradable, 20 mils each hog ain't cheap and silver hog is 30mils, when I want to move on to new char then I have to get a new one cause walking speed is stupidily too low. At the moments I already got 3 hogs and 1 silver mane which is 90mils total which is getting ridiculously already.
    Also make zakum's helm tradable. In the end people run zakum for the helm only why need to boost the meso out of it so people have easier time farming it for their zak service.
    In the end I want to note that make those thing tradable only via direct trade(invite trade) the market is already too huge and loaded.
    And don't tell me I'm a noob cause Im not gonna playing too hard for my physical body is weak, welp not everyone is lucky to be born normal I guess.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Oliwia

Oliwia Mano

Jun 17, 2020
    7:11 AM
    Oliwia, Toosie, Tyber
    Pasta
    Nerfing SI with Bishops after 5 years, good idea omegalul. Making the server more GMS-like will probably kill it eventually, since nobody wants that.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    HH should either be:
    A)Revert the CD back to 10s, keep this nerf OR make it do zero damage to bosses but keep small mob/minion damage
    -This will please all the up and coming paladins to train with HH in its glory again (grinding only skill)
    -Solves your "broken" mule meta
    -Forces your idea of Paladins do BIG SINGLE TARGET DPM ONLY (with very bad mobbing/cleaving)

B)Make HH Scale with YOUR attack range
    -Rewards people that put in the time to upgrade their gear
    -Solves your "broken" mule meta
    -Probably not possible since I read that HH isn't coded to scale with Attack in the first place?(Please correct me)

C)Just revert all the nerfs and put it back to 10s and see how mules fair against the new HT changes
    -Maybe the new HT changes will make HH mules more of a hassle/impratical practice to do
    -Keeps "broken" mule meta
    -This makes everyone happy

I'm a big advocate for (A) but what do I know I'm just a washed up Pepegadin :^)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    8:11 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    RIP Paladins, just quit.
    RIP SI mules, thank god I didnt level mine just yet

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    When I ran cwkpq, the meta was to have two separate parties for range and cleave. This way, there would be enough space for all mules and nobody would have to leave party to get buffs. My runs often had 2 bishop / HS mules, one for each party. You need 10 people to start a cwkpq anyways, so its typically very likely that someone has the required mules if you are running with 6 or less people.

When it comes to warriors (heros / paladin) these are how the builds rank:
    1. 2h normal sword (claymore / flairgraive) with SI
    2. 2h Stone tooth with SI
    3. 1h fast (4) sword (red katana / NT flairgraive)
    4. 2h Stonetooth no SI
    5. 2h Normal sword
    6. axe / blunt weapon

Because paladin cleave is already on the low end (like our shadower friends), you can't really afford to not use the best build/setup to compete dps wise.

10. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    This is me thinking as a player and not a staff member, but for those who care about what might be the practical change for HT:

-the sed target will not be able to attack for most of the main body at worst (if sed timers are not synced) and will be able to play the same as before at best (if sed timers are synced). This means you will need another attacker in your run or a sed mule to complete the run in a similar timeframe.

-due to arm aggro only applying to halves of the main body map, party play on either side of the map (but not both) will be encouraged

-once one arm starts to mass sed, you will need to deal 69mil damage at most to kill the arm. Strat: let the first mass happen, and everyone use hero’s will to position yourself to all attack arm (note that if you rely only on your bishop to will and heal, and another mass happens immediately after, your bishop will have to use shield and it will only help themselves since the rest of the people will already be seduced), bishop uses holy shield, so you have 40 uninterrupted seconds to deal 69mil damage. Alternatively, add a bucc with TL to your lineup to have 2 holy shields back to back to deal 69mil damage in 1min20seconds. This is equivalent to a combined 103.5 mil DPM from your runners to the arm or 51.75 mil DPM with one TL (I.e. 2 holy shields back to back). Note that stoppers will be tremendously helpful here since the burst only needs to last less than a few minutes.

11. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    6:11 AM
    I might've missed something but where is the 40seconds to deal 69m dmg coming from? If I'm not mistaken everyone can just will out of the first mass sed, attack for around a min, have the bish holy shield the next mass sed 1 min later, everyone continue attacking for another minute... Isn't that two minutes to deal 69m dmg?

You've also missed that when you TL you also TL Will so that's more time as well since you have will back up.

12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Each arm gets two mass seds now.

13. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    With no way to distinguish between a normal sed and a mass sed until it's too late, I cant see that playing favorably in practice. The bishop would be forced to shield (assuming they were wise enough to save it) for any sed, mass or not. If they didnt save it, it's a dead bish in double mass. Regardless, its then going to be less than 40 seconds of real dps, since the team still needs to climb back to arm, and where a particularly evil arm can have a mass ready as soon as shield wears off. If that situation happens, the bish has 0 protection unless a shad has a will+smoke, or a bucc has a tl to repeat the cycle and buy a bit more time.

No comment on shad smoke availability, but this practically makes holding tl mandatory for this phase, which means that you really cant afford to use it more than a few mins after body starts. Even worse for users without max tl, they cannot be expected to recharge resses at all, lest you enter mass without it.

And this is all assuming 1 party. A 12 man can put bishies out of mass range, minus dcs/unressable deaths, where they get put in the same boat. The easier and safer solutions are to remove cleave from ht almost entirely to kill everything else first (NL meta wheee), or load up on mules to completely invalidate both normal and mass sed (mule meta wheee).

14. wcb8

wcb8 Red Snail

Jun 19, 2020
    Male
    Shadower, Chief Bandit
    It's unreasonable to say that we can't voice our complaints and show discontent just because they work for free. I do respect the staffs, but they volunteered knowing what they're getting into so they should be prepared for backlash if things like this happens. Of course no flaming, but I think most of the posts here have been fine.

The main issue seems to have stemmed from HH mules, not Paladins in general. There are definitely better ways to have gone about this HH nerf (some suggestions in this thread and others) than just flat out including real Paladins with the mules. Unless you believe this flat 150k damage nerf is justified for all Paladins.

15. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    Imagine saying selling leech is challenging and fun with si omegaLUL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. yolock

yolock Red Snail

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    7:11 AM
    yolock
    Paladin
    Demure
    just delete your pally KEKW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Eminence

Eminence Mushmom

Dec 15, 2017
    Male
    Eminence/Afterglow
    Bishop
    Pacifists
    Well here's the thing. You are entitled to your own opinion as I am entitled to mine.

To sell leech, you first need to know the route to deliver the highest eph possible to your buyer. Even on the same map, there are different routes that people take. You can watch Eiji's method of casting 5 gene in 2 waves. Personally, experimenting on different routes and spending hours practicing each one to find out which one delivers the highest EPH is fun for me. Then, you need to be able to repeat the same thing over and over for hours on end. The longer you go, the harder it is to remain consistent. Sure you can take breaks but generally, if you are going to sell long hours, you don't want to take that many breaks. Next, you need to keep track of your buffs. For 1 hit skele leech with SI, if you want to cast 3 gen on every wave, there is a very small window to re-buff and every buff has to be staggered (e.g. after wave 1, you cast HS, after wave 2, you cast MG). This means that you have to keep track of every buff that is about to expire and having another buff to keep track of (i.e SI) adds to the challenge. You will also need to party invite -> buff -> party kick your SI mule on a different client within that small buff window. Also, for the 1hit skele map, you want to stand on the middle platform in order to keep your eph constant. Hence, having a sweeper mule (that has to constantly darkside + feed pet) to loot the mesos + items on the top and bot platform is ideal (while being able to cast haste + meso up). If you don't have another laptop/computer, using a sweeper is actually pretty challenging as you can only move while your bishop in the 'casting genesis' animation.

To sum up everything, leeching is hard because of duration, positioning, buff tracking, and sweeping. And FYI, there are some bishop mains out there that only sell leech so I would assume that there are others like me that find leeching enjoyable. Everyone plays the game in their own way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    Pretty sure you’re just mad you can’t make as much meso as you did with SI kekw

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Averdant

Averdant King Slime

Feb 6, 2020
    not trying to get the GMs/balance team to revert HS back to not blocking seduce again, but just want to share some different feedback to the GMs/balance team regarding the original change of HS not blocking seduce because i think it would be nice if they could hear about underrepresented opinions from the community, as everyone else seems to have only the one same negative opinion about the HS nerf/the way HS worked in original MS.

as a bishop main (in ML, as well as original MS) i do like how HS blocking seduce raises the HT skill cap and makes it more challenging/rewarding for the players.
    but when i heard about HS no longer blocking seduce, i was actually pretty happy about the change because i felt like it'll make the game more inclusive for players.

i know of quite a few 15x bishops who are HT ready (max ress, HS 20/30, max hero's will, mw 9/19, gene 20/30), but shied away from looking for HT runs to join because they're pressured by having to keep track of seduce/dispel timers and watching for the seduce/dispel animations.
    with the skill cap reduced, it'll encourage more of these casual players to step out and join the HT runs organized by others.

since seduce can't be blocked, it will encourage people to form larger parties (min. of 12 so that the bishops won't be part of the first 10 players to enter and be affected by mass seduce).
    it would be nice to see more 18 men (3 parties) HT runs that could accommodate more newbies/less washed/less funded players in the server.
    sure, HT runs would slow down since seduced can't be blocked and our dps would slow down. but the difficulty hasn't really gone up with seduce unable to be blocked, if anything it has become easier because the bishops don't have to keep track of seduce timers and can just follow their seduced party members who spam <<< or >>> in the direction they're running to.
    if we've been doing it on original MS with non-washed characters (lel our first ht run on the server had all range died from tail except for 1 nl who washed hp, and subsequent runs our ranged atkers had to wear a mix of hp and dmg eqs to go in) and worse EQs (because AP resets and gacha costs irl $$ so less perf/godly weapons) for so long with no issues, i don't see why people should be complaining that HT is more troublesome/'harder' now. TBH i think that private server MS players are just too entitled about what they have when they tell other people that their unwashed/late to wash characters are "unplayable" because they've been having it so easy here with all the free NX and gachas.

HT splits would be less profitable with a larger squad, but this is a thing about the culture in the ML server anyway ---- too many people are overconcerned about making mesos and profit seems to be the only thing on their minds. when i was running guild/alliance HT expeditions in original MS for about 2-3 years, we've never been this concerned about making mesos. we would let people queue for MW 20/Gene 30/Meteo 30/Blizz 30/HTP + Egg and those who already had the expensive SBs like MW 20 passed before joining the squad wouldn't make any noise about how they're getting less out of it than others and just quietly helped the rest to get their stuff. disregarding the profit, there's lots of exp from HT runs too. i'm pretty sure that even if HT drops were shit people would still continue to kill HT for exp.

side-note:
    i know that joining a squad is still mainly about networking with players, and that if people wanted to they could just multi-client and bring in some extra mass seduce target mules so that their bishops can enter after the 10th char to continue keeping their squad size down to maximize profits.
    but i think it would still have made a difference for some others, as there'll definitely be ppl who originally wouldn't have joined/wouldn't have been able to join a HT squad end up joining one from the change.

hoping to see GMs/balance team introduce more changes in future that would make the game more inclusive for everyone.
    it'll be good if cwkpq could be changed such that mages could become a desirable/useful char to bring along, rather than the only reason mages being there is because they have friends willing to bring them in despite them not being useful. make pepega changes like giving cwkpq bosses weapon cancels but no magic cancels LEL

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. JacksonTan10

JacksonTan10 Blue Snail

Apr 18, 2020
    Male
    5:11 PM
    Bishop, Beginner
    you must not have ever sold competent skele leech with SI

• Agree Agree x 1