1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate Unlimited Corsair Works - A Comprehensive Corsair Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by akashsky, Dec 22, 2019.

1. NotBrit

NotBrit Blue Snail

Apr 16, 2019
    Male
    10:32 PM
    NotBrit
    I/L Mage
    Your numbers do check out. I wasn't aware that there was a 20% damage buff to BSC. Thanks!

2. Rizset

Rizset Mano

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    BlackApe
    Dark Knight
    Is there any reason to not use fresh ap into hp after 108 and then just reset it back to dex from mana? After you run out of fresh ap at 160, you just use the 1 ap in hp infinite wash method to finish it.

3. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    7:32 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Both would do the same thing. Last time I checked for corsairs, fresh AP gives 16-20, whereas stale gives 18. So its basically the same thing. I personally would rather just ONLY stale wash since its more flexible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    3:32 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    So I was considering doing 1 point in birb gene, 1 point in ship and 1 point in cannon. And besides that proceed with your standard build. (as lvl1 RF isn't that much better than burst fire as far as I can see). However, when do you max Rapid Fire? It's not mentioned at all in the standard build.

5. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    My mistake, i thought i had included it. I added it to the guide. You should max it right after battleship. Level 1 RF isn't much better than burst fire, but its significantly faster and does less overkill. This makes it more ideal for clearing low level / weak monsters. I still recommend 1 point into it to start. Rapid fire is also a really fun skill to use.

6. MsFortune

MsFortune Mano

Mar 1, 2019
    Male
    MsFortune
    Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, Shadower
    Honor
    Akash in what scenario would hypnotize be useful. It tends to dc me sometimes.

7. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    10:32 AM
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    Thanks for the thorough guide. I'm definitely heavily referring to it while making my 'sair.
    Question though, how come in your 3 job SP builds, one maxes Ice Splitter, while the other maxes Flamethrower?
    I get that it's fairly inconsequential, and that past 26 points Ice Splitter's extra damage is minimal.
    Also, as far as the two skills in the context of 4th job grinding (7F), is there ever a need for Flamethrower? Is this a further (albeit minor) reason to max Ice Splitter?

8. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you follow the mob focused build, you want to maximize your damage to multiple enemies. Between ice splitter and flamethrower, flamethrower does slightly more damage (it has more % damage at max level), and does damage over time.

So, in that build you max flamethrower to get the most damage when you mob.

In the single target focused build, you won't ever be mobbing, so flamethrower is going to be a complete waste of SP. However, with the single target build you will still be freezing enemies every now and then to pick monsters off one by one. So, you max ice splitter to get slightly more damage out of it.

Overall it is somewhat inconsequential, but these skills never truly lose relevance since they have no minimum range, meaning they are useful whenever monsters swarm you. In fourth job, there is a skill called elemental boost that you will get when you are like late 18x or so that signficantly boosts the power of these skills.

Even then its not that viable for grinding, but if you are farming weak monsters that are densly packed, it is useful for clearing things quickly.

In fourth job, I think ice spliter + flame thrower combo will still be decent if your ship breaks and you can hit alot of monsters (it should be better than rapid fire, not 100% sure though). In 7F, however, the best way to gain exp is going to be to use ice spliter to freeze monsters and then use battleship torpedo to mow them down. I myself don't even have flamethrower bound to a key.

Hmm. I've actually never used hypnotize. I'll have to do the quest sometime to see how it works. I actually do have some free SP i could use on it.

9. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    Appreciate the response, and that makes a lot of sense.
    I only asked because I see 'sairs using Ice Splitter at 7F, but don't tend to see them use Flamethrower, hence I was considering maxing Ice Splitter anyway.

Another question though, am I misinterpretting how Burst Fire works, but is 1 point in Burst Fire significantly reducing your damage per minute?
    Double Shot is 2*130/0.42 (619%/s), while Burst Fire 1 is 3*95/0.69 (413%). I'm getting these numbers from the Lib and Ayumilove's attack speed page, and assuming booster is being used.
    Is this how it works or am I mistaken.

Thanks again for all the information.

10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yeah you do lose dps with the first levels of burstfire because its so slow. But once you get more points in it becomes worthwhile. I will edit the guide to suggest that you save SP and then put into burstfire at once since putting a single point in it gets rid of your ability to use double-shot sadly.

Looks like burstfire does not OUT DPS double-shot until level 11.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Freshmaniac

Freshmaniac Mano

Nov 12, 2019
    Male
    9:32 PM
    Piershingu
    Corsair
    Hey, great guide! I had some questions:
    1. I don't remember where I read this, but for some reason I had the impression that (maxed Elemental Boost) Ice Spitter+Flamethrower had more DPS than Battleship Torpedo. Do you have any insight on this?

2. Does Battleship Torpedo/Elemental Boost ever play a significant role in bossing for you? I ask this because, I'm level 150 and after I max Rapid Fire, I kind of want to max Aerial Strike for easier card farming and some niche usage in bosses (like Zak arms). But I can see some cases where Torpedo would be nice as well, like Jaioceng clones and CWK boss room pre-guardians. Note, I'm taking it slow and leveling just primarily from bossing, so grinding is not as much of a factor. So what do you think about this? (This would also delay Wrath of the Octopi for me, so that's also a question--how impactful do you think is Wrath of the Octopi?)

12. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I recently came out of horntail's cave and actually tested DPM for all of these scenarios!

I found that wrath of octopi was adding ~300k dpm for me. With cider and no party buffs, I was hitting ~11m dummy dpm w/ just cannon.

With octopus + cannon, was able to hit 11.3m dpm. So it is actually quite significant, and if the octopus bug gets fixed, it will be even better!

Torpedo / Elemental boost has never played a role in bossing for me. There are niche situations like in cwkpq where you could cleave, but its really not practicle (I still need to try to make sure though).

3 targets torpedo does more damage than 1 target cannon.

Ice splitter + flame thrower will never out dps battleship torpedo, even with max elemental boost.
    below is 3 target ice splitter + flamethrower (with max ele boost, but flamethower is lv 26, ice is lv 30)
    [​IMG]

In cwkpq, it would probably be closer to ~9m due to elemental weakness + homing target.

Here is 3 target battleship torpedo:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Freshmaniac

Freshmaniac Mano

Nov 12, 2019
    Male
    9:32 PM
    Piershingu
    Corsair
    Cool! Thanks so much for the detailed reply :)

14. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    This guide is awesome :) i am remaking my corsair at the moment and would like to thank Akash for his guidance and answering my queries.

15. Jane

Jane Horny Mushroom

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Corsair
    Hello! Nice guide. I was wondering if you know if legends implemented the Battleship skill change in which the cool-down of when it breaks is a few mins+ when it's maxed or not. Reading other guides here and there say that in V.62 leveling up battleship increases its cool-down when it breaks, but that was changed in a later version in GMS. Seeing you say to max battleship in your guide made me wonder if legends implemented the latter change, in which leveling up battleship doesn't increase it's broken cool-down time. Thanks again for your guide.

16. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Yeah legends removed the cooldown increase :) so there are only benefits to maxing it.

17. Jane

Jane Horny Mushroom

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Corsair
    wow! are you serious? :D I have to reset some points back into battleship then haha. Thank you for your quick response!

18. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    So I have a take on the 4th job builds, although I'm only lvl126 (so I might change my view on this later). I decided to go for a hybrid between bossing and mobbing/farming. As thus, I leveled my cannon to lvl11 (which provides the largest DPM boost because it adds a shot (3 hits to 4 hits) on top of dmg increase), ship/rapidfire/torpedo are at lvl1. After which I'm focusing on aerial strike (after having it at lvl1 since lvl120, since cannon lvl1 is useless). Lvl7 aerial strike is already sufficient to 1-hit (I think lvl4 aerial strike even) Nightghosts without good gear. I'm currently MP washing & blood washing and thus am much weaker than I could be. Additionally, I'm not heavily funded or well geared. So you only need a few points in Aerial Strike to deal decent damage and start farming.

Going on the monster book argument. I'm at tier 7 (after being tier 3 before 4th job) mostly through ez Aerial Strike farming. I'm now slowly running into mobs that have more HP than my Aerial Strike one-shots, which is the reason I'm upping it (also for mannies farming). So even lvl1~ish aerial strike should be sufficient to get up to a high tier on the monster book ring. I would not advice people to go Aerial strike + rapidfire max early. It would effectively lock them out of bossing until lvl140+. Even farming focused, you can get by with lower lvls of airstrike (I'm going to see how well it works for farming & leveling at lvl11 or lvl21, not sure yet). And having some lvls in cannon. This makes optimal use of the huge (33%+) dmg boost you're getting from lvl10 -> lvl11 on cannon. It also provides more variation and flexibility to play around with, giving extra tools to grind, farm and boss. Rapidfire just doest not seem to be as useful or as huge of an increase in damage for bossing or grinding/farming situations, and even at lvl 1 it helps a lot while grinding or last-hitting, alternating with burst fire depending on the mobs HP you're at.

19. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you are lightly washing (basically anything 160 INT and below), I have a hard time seeing the value of a hybrid build because a SINGLE (or few) points into air strike will be enough to have it 1hit pretty much all of the weak monsters for you to farm monster book ring.

In the case of you lightly washing, You could basically follow the bossing build, deviate slightly by getting 1 point in air strike and be able to farm as well as (if not better) someone with insane base INT + max air strike, WHILE being able to boss (Corsair's have insane dummy dps, so you would still be really strong at something like cwkpq, bigfoot, anego where you have high battleship cannon uptime).

However, to boss effeciently, there are alot of skills you need maxed out. Battleship cannon, Rapidfire, Battleship, Bullseye.

I only recommend the farming path when you are doing a very HEAVY wash because your damage is so low, that you actually will need max air strike in order to 1hit most of the low level monsters. Furthermore, bossing is mostly not viable (unless for fun / there are people to carry you) with heavy washing until a good chunk of your base INT is reset.

For your specific case it might be the optimal thing to do (like if you are doing a some kind of a wash that is between light and heavy), but I don't think its something that will be optimal for most people.

20. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    Agreed. I (lvl 126) have 255 base int and 215 fresh AP points sitting around as I'm not sure how much I'll end up MP washing. I have air strike at lvl 18 or 19 right now, and I'm not close to 1 hitting night ghosts or any of the intermediate mobs. But the damage is sufficient to roll through all the easy mobs for cards.
    I figure since I wont even be able to do anything until I'm done washing at lvl 160ish, it's fine to spend point into air strike now then start maxing bossing skills afterwards.