1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate Unlimited Corsair Works - A Comprehensive Corsair Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by akashsky, Dec 22, 2019.

1. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    9:42 PM
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    Just wondering, with the avoidability meta for corsairs, would the best end game weapon for bosses like HT be a perfect maple canon shooter?

Formulas being used so someone can make sure I did this all right:
    Corsair avoid formula: (dex * 0.25) + (luk * 0.5) + equips
    Corsair MIN dmg: (((((DEX*3.6)*0.9)*0.6)+STR)* Weapon ATT)/100
    Corsair MAX dmg: (((DEX*3.6)+STR)*Weapon ATT)/100
    Max usable AP @ a lvl: ((25-16) + (lvl * 5) - 5) + job ap
    Max AP put into stat is 999

100att canon shooter + 28 total avoid from weapon + 13 dex from weapon + additional lets say 36 dex from being strless (assuming normally would have 40 base str)
    114att concerto + 7 dex from weapon
    118att dragonfire rev + 7 dex from weapon

Lets say character is a naked level 200 and we add in a HT pendant to all builds with 40 avoid, 23str, 23dex, and 23luk.
    Min/Max damage:
    100att Strless Canon Shooter: Min: 2039 Max: 3753 Avoid: 349 (leftover after 999 into dex put into luk)
    114att concerto: Min: 2314 Max: 4225 Avoid: 309 (40 base str)
    118att dragonfire: Min: 2395 Max: 4373 Avoid: 309 (40 base str)
    And using GetSmoked's (spencil2spencil2 ) avoid research:
    upload_2020-7-21_17-12-43.png

So what do you think? Is our best weapon a lvl 64 maple weapon that we probably wont see many of until next year? Or is my mind mush at this late hour and I'm going crazy?

EDIT: One thing I overlooked for damage is multipliers so that may change this but i'm too tired to look at it again

EDIT2: Forgot about heartstoppers +60 avoid which will push the best towards the side of the higher attack weapons I believe, though I guess if you want to save money and not buy hundreds of heartstoppers a maple canon could be a way to go. Also made a mistake in the dex for those using concerto/rev. hopefully fixed

EDIT3: Added too much base luk for canon shooter first time around. fixed

2. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:42 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think that it needs testing in practice. The best way to test this out i think would be to do a bunch of horntail runs on a corsair at different levels of avoid, to quantify how much it makes an impact.

From my experience, I am usually able to get around 55-58% freefire with bowman elixir, and somewhere around 56-60% freefire with amoria basket. Then there is also the issue that your squads horntail body part order also impacts your dps (as some orders give Corsair much more DPS and others much less). Basically there are a lot of variables at play that make it really hard to mathematically quantify and say, x avoid is better than 1 attack.

From my intuition however, I can say for sure that it is worthwhile to lose 1 dex to gain 1 avoid. As for attack, i'm not too sure, but going off lategame scaling (on low attack potions) this would mean that we would need to gain at most ~6 avoid to offset the loss of 1 attack.

I also do not have extensive experience testing with amoria baskets - i've probably only done 3 runs in my entire life with them, because i'm a CAVEMAN and use slots are very valuable to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Defense aside, wouldnt it be fairly straightforward to get a decent sample even if with a clean or decently scrolled canon shooter? It's harder to quantify avoid gains, but att/stat changes can be scaled up or down for the most part. And if it's close enough in damage, how does pot consumption compare? That corresponds to ease of cave life.

Quick glance at calcs raises a few questions though. I thought stats didnt cap at 999, so you could pump full dex, unless it shows that base luk ends up actually being better at a certain point. Also, im assuming not, but is there a way to get required str through changing around gears? Swapping to pure STRless is one thing if you are crafting for only HT. The losses would need to be calculated/compared to know what you would lose for other content, that cant be recovered from swapping to another set of gear.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    As long as you have an attack and dex difference is equal or similar to their max stats (14att/6dex diff for concerto and 18att/6dex diff for drev) then yeah you can use any canon shooter/concerto/drev to sample it, you would just miss out on the strless portion of it which i guess could be partially replicated by wearing a high dex robe/overall

To be honest I may have been thinking about some other game that had a 999 cap for a stat but for some reason last night I thought that should be there. so dex would max out at what, 1018? giving a min/max/avoid of:
    Min: 2052 Max: 3798 Avoid: 345
    Which gives us these new results:
    upload_2020-7-21_17-13-38.png
    Still giving the canon an advantage, albeit a smaller one without the base luk

It is an interesting thought that maybe base luk would end up being better at a certain point and that would tie into the big question of how much avoid is worth compared to attack. Just have to remember that at a certain point higher avoid becomes less noticeable.

While I did those calcs only thinking about HT, I'd imagine that with other bosses it would still be viable as you'd want to keep your ship up as long as possible and reduce remount times (which, without SI a remount may take a little less than 2 seconds? Not sure Akash or another corsair would have to confirm), but yes it would probably be less effective.

EDIT: I keep messing up the calcs and changing the chart lol so let me know if i fucked up anything else

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    New Update!

I added vergamot to the bossing section, along with a video of a solo so you can see how its done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jane

Jane Horny Mushroom

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Corsair
    Looked over your HT journal and was wondering how many hp&mp pots you use per HT run and ~ how many sets of bullets you use per run as well? I know you have higher base hp than I do but I'm going on my first ever run with the guild and just wanted to get some good numbers from another sair that HT's regularly. I unfortunately need HB to run but I'm not sure how much is overkill or not depending on how well (or bad) the run could go. Thanks again for the guide!

7. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The number of potions you need is going to depend based on your avoidability and whether you are using a potion every time you get hit. For an entry level corsair that is going to need to use a potion every time you get hit, you will probably need over 1k pots per run. So if you are going to do 2 runs, I would simply suggest to bring as many pots as you can hold. One thing to keep in mind is that horntail mana drain spams very frequently, so be sure to bring an equal amount of MP pots.

My corsair burns roughly 2m in NLC potions per horntail, I use roughly 500 ginseng root and 350 hornsters per run. However, I don't need to use an HP pot after every hit, and I have high avoid meaning I get hit by mana drain alot less.

Maybe NiseNise can give some more insight on the pot burn you might expect.

When I started doing HT I would just go in with an inventory full of potions, and I would pretty much go through all of them by the end of the runs.

As for bullets, I reccomend 20 sets of eternal bullets. It is slightly more than what you should need, but you don't ever want to run into a situation where the run fails because you ran out of bullets.

I personally use 12 sets of armor piercing bullets, along with 4 eternal bullets as backup. I can get away with having less sets of bullets here because armor piercing bullets hold 1000 more bullets than eternal. My eternal bullets don't get used unless something went terribly wrong in one of the runs.

So after attack pot(s), avoid pot(s), and 20 sets of bullets, you should be looking to fill everything else up with potions.

One thing to note is that if you are willing to recharge your bullets after each run by using the cash shop item that lets you open a merchant, you can drop the sets of bullets you need to bring by half. So instead of 20 bullets, you can just bring 10. But you will need to recharge before going into run 2.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    I have 10k HP and I bring in 2100 HP pots (honsters) and 2200 MP pots (sorcs) and 200 all cures. That’s good enough to last two runs. 9 sets of eternal bullets will be enough if you use a myo myo ti recharge your bullets after run 1. Go one map to the left, and you’ll be able to use a myo myo there to recharge your bullets.

9. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    The real 300-iq play is to use quick duey to send yourselves fresh bullets

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jane

Jane Horny Mushroom

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Corsair
    Thank you for your advice! I think your #s were spot on. Used more hp pots than i thought i would but maybe i need to switch up the pots i'm using. Sometimes I find auto-pot not potting in time when using any recovery item that restores both hp&mp for hp, but i think ill just learn from experience. And also just another curious question: are armor piercing bullets worth their cost? whether that be crafting or what not. I'm not quite a high enough lvl to tackle NT yet but may be something i could invest in for an extra +2att.

I wish I had washed more but I don't want to make a completely new character so eh. I used a little less than 1300 honsters for 1 run but was also potting extra with PEs given how this was my first HT run ever. I used less sorc pots than I had brought but that might have spilled over into my PE usage as well. Finally, only used 25 all cures for 1 run, not sure if that's normal? Might have been due to me spending a lot of time trying to climb that damn rope and not attacking as much as i could have lol. I think I could manage to lower my pot usage now that I know whats going on for the most part. Thank you for your advice as well!

11. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think once you have all of the items listed in the "LATE GAME" part of Equipment Progression, it's a good idea to pick up some armor piercing bullets. For the perma +2 attack increase, you need something like 6-12 sets depending on how long u want to go before recharging. So 360-720m for 2 attack, assuming u can make / buy each bullet for ~60m (this is roughly what i paid for each of my bullets).
    -------------------------------------------

Update:

I've also updated the guide and added a section on DUNAS, with a video of me soloing the boss.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:42 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Do you... use all of those in the two runs? :confused:

I've been experimenting with a few setups but I dont' really keep track of how many I do end up using, so it's just a rough guess usually :p

Ginger Ales + Sorc Combo (when you're still new to HT & not tons of HP)
    • 200 All cures
    • 20 sets of eternal bullets for two runs (without using myo myo)
    • 1 slot of bowmen elixir
    • 2 slots of amorian baskets
    • 6 slots of ciders
    • Around 4-6 rows of sorcs (600 - 900) should suffice as ales heal your MP too
    • Remaining slots for honsters >>> usually a ton left
    • When starting off you should try to survive rather than min/max on pots :p get a grasp at the HT animations, and try not to be a burden to the rest of the party (since a lot of people might think you are T-T)
    Honsters + Sorc Combo #1 (don't use the low # of sorcs like I list here)
    • 2300+ honsters >>> usually have enough left to cave another day (4 runs total)
    • 4-6 rows of sorcs (600-900) >>> with ales, this amount is doable for multiple runs, but with honsters I've had to beg my other runners for more sorcs by end of run 2 (if it took long) or run 3
    • Transition to armor piercing bullets, so you can carry less sets (since you're going to be recharging them via myomyo every run anyway)
    PE + Honsters + Sorc Combo #2 (what I'm currently using)
    • 300 Power Elixirs >>> usually enough for like 2.5 days of runs if you're going to be caving
    • 8-10 rows of sorcs (1200-1500) >>> noticed that its not the HP pots that limit my caving, but more so the sorcs
    • Just under 2000 honsters >>> usually enough for 3 days of runs (but I usually bring in more pots to be on the safe side)
    Everything after this point will be different though, since I have unfortunately made the transition to luk overalls T-T I wasn't gna do it, but I wanted to see what that extra 30ish avoid would do :pphands:

13. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Only on long runs (15 mins left on the clock) will I exhaust everything. I usually end up with 600-700 honsters left, but 0 sorcs (I usually buy pure waters from myo myo after run 1 as back up). I probably would burn less MP pots if I set my auto MP at a lower threshold than 1500, but I hate not attacking due to mana burn and lack of MP.

14. Jummy

Jummy Slime

Aug 15, 2020
    11:42 AM
    Jums
    Beginner
    Crowns
    Hello
    I'm in the process of making a Crosair aiming for a HP range of 8k-10k base

I've started my washing but am a bit confused to whether i'm on the right track.

Could you help me check, and also guide me to what I should do moving forward. (i've just been pumping HP, and *I THINK* i did 30 MP washes (+MP, -MP +HP, -MP +STAT)

upload_2020-9-22_12-22-4.png

Thank you in advance

Tempura Power!~

15. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    How many points do you have stuck in HP or MP at the moment if any? And what is your goal level to finish washing to 8-10k hp by?

If you don't have any points in HP or MP at the moment, I believe you can already reach your 10k hp goal by 155, as you just need around 121 more washes to get to your HP by level 155. At the moment you can do 190 washes, but again that is only if you don't have any significant amount of points stuck in HP/MP at the moment

EDIT:

Nevermind just looked at it, you have 192 points stuck in HP/MP at the moment, let me run some calcs again for you, although im going to assume it's all in HP at the moment

upload_2020-9-21_22-49-58.png

This is what I get for you accounting for your AP that is stuck. So you need 55 more MP washes to go along with your current base int + equips + using MW20 whenever you level to reach your goal

You are correct in thinking that is how you can MP wash. You can finish your MP washing first and then reset MP into HP later as well, so that you can be at full strength while you gain enough NX to get to your goal. For example:

You need x amount more NX, but you want to play your character while you wait
    To MP wash: +MP -> -MP -> +STAT

As corsairs benefit the same from fresh and stale AP, you can throw any leftover AP you have into your STAT if you are DONE MP washing. While stale HP doesn't matter for HP, IT GREATLY MATTERS FOR MP! Only use fresh for MP washing!

Now, you wait and build up your NX. When you get enough NX to buy an AP reset or two:
    -MP -> +HP
    NOTE: This only works if you have 1 point in either HP or MP, so leave the last MP washing point in there without washing it out, and then you can do this an infinite amount of times until you have the HP you want

Finally, you are done washing to your HP. Remember to take that 1 leftover point that is sitting in HP/MP out!
    -HP or -MP -> +STAT

16. Jummy

Jummy Slime

Aug 15, 2020
    11:42 AM
    Jums
    Beginner
    Crowns

I've just been pumping my fresh AP into HP :(
    I guess I should stop this, and start putting it into MP? Should i do that for my remaining AP that I have sitting there (100) to hit my goal of 8-10k~ hp

Thank you!

17. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    tbh looking at the results again I don't like what it gave me based off of what akash said you should need, so let me double check everything before you do anything

nvm I'm dumb but also correct. Akash's numbers were for 8k by lvl 160 not 10k by 155. Here is 8k by lvl 160, which you are on track for and do not need any more MP washes to reach:

upload_2020-9-21_23-33-38.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ukama

Ukama Blue Snail

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    Ukama
    Gunslinger
    I'm currently a L55 Gunslinger with 250 base INT, 1689 HP and 1879 MP. I was originally going to HP wash to 11500 HP (by MP washing 165 times, resetting all base INT at L120, then HP washing 381 times), but I instead decided to wash to 13000 HP instead for better HT.

What would I need to change to attain my target HP of 13000 up from 11500?

(I've tried to read up on HP washing as a whole, but for some reason, I can't seem to grasp it.)

19. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    HP change: ~1500. So you need (16/18)*1500, or 1333 more mp. Each mp wash gives you 23 mp. So 1333/23, or roughly 58 more MP washes than you had already planned.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Ukama

Ukama Blue Snail

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    Ukama
    Gunslinger
    Okay perfect, so just to clarify (I've maybe read up too much on washing lmao)...

To get a total of 13000 HP by level 160, I'll get 250 base INT (not 250 total INT, right?), MP wash 223 times by level 120, reset my base INT at level 120 and then HP wash an ungodly number of times, right? If I HP washed my massive MP pool at level 160, I would have roughly 13000 by then?

Sorry for the clarifying question, and thank you!