1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate Unlimited Corsair Works - A Comprehensive Corsair Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by akashsky, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    4:52 PM
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    I actually maxed Gaviota out after my post. Like you said, the change in DPS wasn't anything amazing (it went from 3-6k per bomb at lv 15 to 6-9k per bomb at lv 30). But bear in mind that I still have 100 base INT and the numbers can still get higher once I reset all that INT out. A 10k+ extra line of damage per 5 seconds doesn't sound like the greatest increase in DPS at all... but in the end the decision to max Gaviota out ended up being a matter of usage and situations.

I just wanted to make sure how useful Flamethrower was @ lv 200 and with elemental boost, since I never saw a stream or video of Corsairs really using it during boss fights or high lv grinding. And since I am done card hunting, I am honestly out of good uses for that skill. As weak as it ends up being in terms of DPS, I prefer to have a stronger extra line of damage against every boss than an unused skill with 30 points invested into it.

2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:52 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I've been recently getting on the gaviota train, cus I've heard a number of people say that due to its super fast cast speed, you're just adding onto your damage. So what I've been doing is using a

Octopus > boat > gaviota macro (or maybe it was gaviota then boat) to use to dismount for attacks. It's something you have to do anyway, and you're just weaving in damage during a necessary part of the attack. This works for pretty well for long wind up animations (Vergamot dispel laser and some of the HT pre-head attacks). Or if you want to just cast an octopus to keep it up perma.

For shorter attack animations, I just dismount normally but instead use the boat > gaviota > canon macro to weave in an extra gaviota as I'm mounting. I don't think it provides like a HUGE noticeable boost to my damage, probably cus I'm only at gaviota 15 atm, but dismounting/mounting are things you do ANYWAY, so might as well use that downtime optimally ya know? ;)

3. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    2:52 PM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Miscellaneous horntail tricks not worth making a new thread for:

1. SI/SE float buffing
    [​IMG]
    Depending on your party composition, buccs and marksmen can be found on the top left platform. It's a huge DPM waste for buccs to move over to the right side to buff you, especially if you're the only one benefitting from SI (e.g. shadower cleave/sed, no warriors on right side). You can speed up runs by asking your buccs and MMs to spam SI/SE on the left platform where GlizzyGoblin is, and floating over + recoiling back. If you have smoke, you can just stand at the very edge of the top platform, and SE/SI will reach you.

Utility of this is pretty poor if you have warriors on the right side that need to get SI'd anyways. Cool party trick to show off to your friends though :yay:

Tip: wait for iframes before jumping to the platform with the wings icon. As soon as you're where my character is, recoil back to safety. Don't wait to get buffed because you'll probably get knocked down mid air. If you get hit in mid air, iframes will let you fall all the way down without taking any touch damage.

Be careful of weakness and skill locks from the right arm.

2. Smoke positioning
    [​IMG]
    Ask your shadowers to place their smokes at the smoke icon. If the right head isn't cancelled, egg it and stand where argh is standing. Standing here allows 100% of all casted cannons to hit the right head, even if it ducks down. If you stand where the bowmaster is, some of your cannon shots will hit the un-egged midhead, losing out on the +20% bullseye damage bonus. Use the octopus duration mentioned below to know when smoke is about to expire, and jump back up to the top platform before getting knocked to the bottom.

This smoke position also protects bowmasters when they need to jump to the top platform to hit midhead when right head is cancelled.

3. Octopus timer
    [​IMG]
    Maxed wrath of octopi has a summon time of 45 seconds (I think?). This perfectly coincides with the weapon cancel timer and also the smokescreen timer. Right when a head cancels, cast an octopus to know when the head will come off cancel. This is useful for situations like the above to know if it's worth it to drop down to hit arms after a double cancel. If there's like <10 seconds left on a cancelled head, you can let your squad know and save yourself the rope JQ and just wait for a head to open up.

4. 1/1 + Mass sed dismounting
    This one is a bit tricky to pull off and get screenshots of because it rarely happens, especially if arms are the last body parts to kill. If you're sedded on boat and approaching a 1/1 marker, you can right click the boat icon to get off your boat while sedded, and zoom past the 1/1 marker. This is because on boat, you have <100% speed, and after you right click dismount, you'll regain full 140% speed if you have it.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:52 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Max octopi is 40 seconds, which makes it slightly off from the weapon cancel timer. What I used to do is wait for octopi to wear off, cast pogstrike, and wait to see it back off cooldown (since 5 second cooldown). To know exactly when things get off cancel.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    [​IMG]

Apparently its also possible to just float to the otherside. Seems a bit risky if you can't tank middle head damage though.

Looks useful for rebuffs and double cancels.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    5:52 PM
    DMsRebirth
    I have a feeling that it won't actually work in ML with midhead being fatter on the right side.

7. Jyennie

Jyennie Red Snail

Sep 10, 2020
    Male
    5:52 AM
    Jyennie
    I am still stuck on this overall armor issue lmao.
    Anyone else agree that our STR on overalls should be equivalent to the STR of your HTP - MON?
    Once you scrolled enough STR on your overalls, scroll the remaining slots with dex.
    So that we can switch our gears freely, while maximising dex :)
    Is my point valid here?

8. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    10:52 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Just get a dex overall and put more base str.

9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    A chaos'd MoN is better DPS than a HTP, but on bosses that spam large number of attacks the HTP is better due to the extra ~50ish avoid, so there's good reason to have a switch. It does get more complicated as you get more and more avoid gear though, with a shoe switch being fairly common, so it might be smart to have some extra str on the HTP set.

Forgoing the avoid shoe though, HTP - MoN str is the correct assumption to make. It's good to tag a bit of dex on after you pass that threshold.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I recommend having 2 setups
    HTP + DEX / LUK Overall + Avoid Shoe
    MoN + STR / DEX Overall + Str/Dex/Attack Shoe

• Like Like x 1
  11. CountDabs

CountDabs King Slime

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    Dabulator
    Corsair
    WeenieHutJrs
    I found a small typo in the guide
    DPM SE: 1311798915
    The decimal is missing between 9.15
    I'm sure this is supposed to be here, sharp eyes doesn't just add two digits to the dps?

12. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Coming to make a quick suggestion to the SP builds:

2nd Job:
    - Invisible Shot is god awful. If I were to remake, I'd absolutely get Blank Shot first. I'd still max it over Grenade, just much later in 2nd.

3rd Job:
    - I think 30 Gaviota, 30 Ice Splitter, leftover Flamethrower is absolutely the way to go (unless your plan is to mob through 3rd). Gaviota and Ice Splitter are still excellent endgame skills, while Flamethrower stops seeing any kind of use as soon as you start getting Torpedo in mid 4th.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Cashew2

Cashew2 Orange Mushroom

Oct 19, 2020
    Male
    Cashew3
    Night Lord, Corsair
    Ice + Flamethrower stays relevant up till level 200 since 7f is the grinding location of choice at higher levels. Unless you have a TL mule, you'll be without boat every ~15 minutes or so. Without flamethrower, you'll pretty much be leeching like 10% of the time (90 secs every 15 mins), which i dont think any grinding partner would enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Fixed!

The reason invisible shot feels awful is because of how buffed double shot is on this server (in vanilla its 80% instead of 130%). That being said, if your plan is the PQ through blank shot is probably better to get next after mastery. But if you plan on grinding invisible shot has really nice vertical range. You can train at ghost ship / mp3 with it from a safe spot.

In the end, theres two different niches you can use your last SP for, slightly more single target damage or slightly better mobbing.

If you choose to max gaviota, you are going for slightly better single target capability, whereas if you choose to max flamethower / ice splitter and elemental boost in 4th job you have slightly better cleave (somewhat relevant in cwkpq when range bosses die early).

Also what cashew says is relevant, fire / ice is still used in shoalin 7F and with max element boost, the damage is far from meme.

15. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Can also vouch for the usefulness of flamethrower. It’s stronger than ice splitter, and I use it a lot when im farming. Sometimes it’s just enough to one hit mobs 100% of the time, and ice splitter isn’t a 100% one hit because it’s a little weaker. I came across this at nightghosts and windraiders.

16. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Ok yeah fair enough. I don't 7F much but that's a totally viable use case.

17. Assman

Assman Orange Mushroom

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    Sun
    WhiteStuff
    Beginner
    SuckDeep
    Hi... Regarding about the Washing 10k-16k clean HP above part that i have a question.

Increment base int until you have 330 base int.

So i just starter a pirate class that is aimming to reach end game content. And what you mean above is i needed 330 base int as soon as possible for me to reach that amount of HP, right?
    What about int gears, are those additional add up or 330 is more than good enough? And when should i start the washing?

Really wanted to know how the washing part goes and how much needed roughly before i start washing it.

Thank you :D

18. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Increment base int until you have 330 base int means that when you level up, you need to keep adding the INT stat until you 330 in that stat. This is without any equips, if your character is naked you should have 330 int.

After that you need to do mp washes (which is putting fresh AP points into MP, and then resetting it into main stat). For 16.75k hp, you will need to do this ~214 times.

After that, you can reset base int or use an ap reset to go + HP, minus MP (this will require you to have at least 1 point in the HP / MP pool).

So you can start washing to gain extra HP anytime after you have reached 330 base int.

That being said, 16.75k hp is an ambitious goal which will be very difficult to achieve if you are a new player.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Assman

Assman Orange Mushroom

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    Sun
    WhiteStuff
    Beginner
    SuckDeep
    Okay i get it. What about the additional INT gears? Let say i have additional 150 INT from gears, still i need 330 base?

20. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:52 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yes, base int is the only thing that matters when you're MP washing

• Agree Agree x 2