1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior buffs? + Other silly ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pixel, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    10:16 PM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Disclaimer: These are just numbers i'm gonna spitball out , and i do not claim they're the absolute best way to adjust these classes, but perhaps can lead to a solution based on it? if the idea hasn't been said already
    Also considering of all the classes i wanna recommend i didnt feel like making a specific one so here it is
    Also i'll try my best to not dwell into the HP washing/Mage-beating i do on 99% of my posts

First of all, Warriors, it seems they're the most bullied class in ML for now, in the which is the worst class, even if it's DEBATABLE how drastic their differences are compared to other classes

First the HP issue (no, not HP washing)
    Warriors and Buccs suffer from the issue of being melee based and while they have the easy access of getting to 30k with little washing , it still isn't enough for the amount of damage they take.
    I had the suggestion of adjusting Warrior's Achilles, especially for DRK
    Make Pally and Hero, Achilles from -15% to -30%
    And make DRK about -40% , and this honestly feels like a massive HUGE buff to them, but honestly i feel it's needed, and it's not gonna be felt
    Like most of them don't even think to max Achilles until very very late game
    And while it would trivialize most bosses by saying they now won't tdie and have risk, it would rather reinforce a safe, tank playstyle, giving them a slightly better pro at lategame rather than have the same cons without the pros that ranged has
    Achilles would give for Pally and Hero, -5% at level 10(0.5 per lvl), -15% (1%) at level 20 and 30% at level 30 (1.5% per level)
    While on DRK would be, -10% at level 10 (1%) -20% at level 20 (1%) and -40% at level 30 (2%)
    making the change more noticeable when it's on the last to max levels
    I specially decided those numbers considering PB touch damage and DRK
    if PB touch does 24k damage base without achilles, then a -30% damage reduction would still deal 16.8k instead of 20k, it still is a 2hko range for most classes but makes the necessity of being topped off a bit more relaxed
    DRKs require >55% HP to trigger Berserk, which would be 16.5k at least, and with a 40% Achilles they would get hit for 14.4k so assuming they're like topped off, getting hit would put them in 15.6k , making them stay on berserk range and be able to take a hit without being killed, another hit of PB would put them into 1.2k HP and an Elixir would put them into 16.2k, letting them keep berserk, but still keeping them on their toes being at a 2hko range but at least giving them the freedom to berserk again on PB and other high damaging bosses

It still brings many problem, considering if this would make other bosses way easier, and it honestly may, but the difference of 10k damage instead of being 8.5 to 6k while noticeable would just mean being 4-hit to being 5-hit
    And the 1/1 which is a mechanic in some bosses, Zakum would be kind of a joke, for bossers who already are leveling achilles, Achilles already lets them chill at 1/1 and i suppose being able to take a hit from Zakum body for being at 9k instead of 4.5k IS a noticable difference, but again with the exception of 1 or 2 noobs that for some reason would die at Zak by level 170, i dont think it would affect other players other than a ''oh nice'' while other content i would say may stay arguably in a similar position, but that just may be me

Maybe i don't have the vision of much 1.5k out of 10k hp damage would make on things that wont instantly 2 shot you but i guess making things easy for warriors who are putting themselves up , t wouldnt be the end of the world i guess

And now for extra things that i decided to slap alongside this thread but i didn't think it would need their own thread

It would be weird to suggest to maybe decrease the penalty for element, not by a lot , but i guess a gradual change that it matters a lot on bosses but still makes mages not be good on everymap

I feel like a Elemental resistance on bosses it only stays there to heavily punish magicians , so you could carry them but just like accuracy i feel like it's starting to feel like it just gatekeeps for no reasons, mages want to boss (they wanna do everything) but while i dont want them to be the best at everything , i feel like if the damage penalty for elements ,especifically FP and IL, would make a meaningful buff on most bosses, im not sure if it would make them more op than ot her classes but it would give more flavor to them to do things other than leech.

Paladins having to rely so much on elements, while is a good niche to have sometimes can bar paladins from being anything since is such a big part, i dont think a damage buff is in place, but maybe adjust it so they don't absolutely suck on places where they don't perform that well as well as opening the gate to mages to do similar things would be nice, then again im not a game programmer, and i dont know what hidden stats in the monsters can be adjusted, so this is just a little idea that i had

I also didnt knew how to buff Buccs, honestly they dont have a defense buff that can be buffed and i guess there's no way to add them a mini achilless anywhere

And buffing their HP improvement wouldnt help any CURRENT Buccaneers
    And perhaps giving a few extra miliseconds of iframe would be TOO op of a buff to give them.
    Honestly i have nothing specific unless one of those things i said was doable but honestly i HARD doubt, sorry buccs

And finally, perma beginner

Pls add a maroon mop and a special gacha on maple island, and make the healing spell either heal 50 per tick and have no CD , that would be more fun , it's not the most OP skill but it would make things less linear than just , nimble feet + snail, now we could have NF+ Heal

Also as a last note, i want to humbly point out again, that there's a small chance i might not be looking at the greater scope, but who knows a suggestion wouldnt hurt
    If you have ideas on how to improve or adjust these ideas go ahead.
    And if you think im too crazy for asking for such things just say ''You are stinky'' and ill laugh and nod

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    11:16 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I assumed the warriors buffing suggestions are based on PB as the boss? Unfortunately I don't know enough about PB to comment on it. However DKs and Heroes still holds the strongest cleave damage. If bosses are made to be cleave friendly (or bosses that takes advantage of cleave but have good rewards to become mainstream), im sure heroes and dks wont be memed without any class-specific changes.

When comes to HP, buccs imo have very little HP when compared to warriors. When T10 ring is not considered, buccs tankiness is very similar to a shad. Add the T10 ring in an shad can tank 1k damage more than buccs. Not too sure if its a big deal or no, but if it is, then a solution can be slotting a passive Achilles into one of their current skills (readjusted to be balanced ofc)

3. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    10:16 PM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Technically shads and buccs have different ways
    while HP they're similar, shads can ''double'' their HP with meso guard
    Buccs have the slightly less HP than warriors because of lower formulas and later skill, but their ''saving grace'' is trying to not get with with iframes

I doubt bosses can ever be cleave friendly, we got limited bosses on hand and to add, so bosses won't change much, unless they directly buff brandish which is Hero's bread and butter, which is hard to tune because buffing it too much for boss would make cleave too OP, and making it balanced to cleave makes them not as good for single target

4. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    9:01 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Buffing achilles doesn't improve DrK's ceiling and dumbs down zerking(both in and outside PB). From my personal experiences, a bulk of my death are from the left bird instantly DR-ing (DR triggering while crusher is mid-animation) and PB facing left suddenly to big bang and not being able to spot PB facing left. As a result, I have to be extra careful and go slow when going into zerking range which is where I lose most of my DPM.

Since PB does 1/1(damage) only when facing right, having a customised % increase in berserk when it falls below a certain HP threshold might help mitigate the DPM loss when falling into zerking range. (ON TOP OF moving left and right to HB ressed people and party members who aren't on the left.)

For e.g. instead of 200%, damage increases to 300% or something of that sort when below 3k? HP (so that this cannot be abused in CWKPQ and other bosses).

Just my two cents.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    12:16 PM
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    Imo heroes already have it easy enough and the current achilles is as good as it is. (Including at pink bean)
    As mentioned at the previous warrior related suggestions, it's more about the meta being single-target favored instead of cleaves aren't good.

Still, a minor buff for rage or nerf on ciders would be appreciated but yeah.
    Can't speak for the other warrior jobs though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    thats the whole point. shads have same HP as buccs after doubling it (without T10 ring). based off memory, a light washed shad and bucc (50int) can tank similar max damages.

and regarding cleaves, i dont think modifying existing bosses is the way to go. new bosses to be added in future have to take cleave in consideration

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    8:16 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Big Bang is the only bullshit concern for DKs dying in PB, other than that the dpm mostly suffers from all of the moving around to not get touched. Changing the damage type to elemental(It's physical right now? lol) makes PB zerk friendly while maintaining the challenge everywhere else in the game. With that change DKs are safe above 12k regardless of which way it faces

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Interesting to see that this similar changes to Achilles is presented in 2021, apart from the 2019 thread. Almost similar to what I've been chatting with my drk squadmate, They're more concerned with survivability than DPM, where QOL such as the hp bar color system used by eiji and afew in the past when it was legal, was the best change ever. Might i suggest to instead bring back the hp color UI system or when in Berserk @ 60% or below hp, to have Achilles to be only then buffed (a secondary mechanics to berserk, buffing other skills): -40% on dmg received. Then the issue of always having -40% wouldnt be so broken if others consider it to be as mentioned above and at the same time rewarding the risk taken to be in zerk mode. As for the other part of the idea we had in mind, maybe when in berserk mode, have Stance to be only then buffed from 90% >> 100% and maybe Berserk to give Avoid and 5,000 M/W def (est effectively saving 2,500hp) attributes, which is a small pot/life saver.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    11:16 PM
    iPippy
    Ironically, NL (and shad too) are much tankier than warriors due to the ability to negate not only damage but harmful rider effects. I'd consider the extra effects such as stun, sed, perhaps even control reverse, etc to be a bigger deal than the raw damage generally, as passively dodging means not needing to use a potion in the first place and entirely dodging harmful effects of many attacks. Achilles damage reduction would be warrior-like, and possibly even warranted in a highly washed environment to make warriors tanks again. Although, if we're theory crafting here, I wonder if something can be done to include an abnormal status resistance component, or how impactful that would truly be throughout the game.

On the direct damage side, I hear warrior pot costs can be kind of nuts sometimes, but I'm not sure how that truly compares to say an archer. We need to know pot costs per class to finally achieve "Damage Per Meso" (DPM) class rankings.

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:16 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I've always wondered if stance should come in addition with built in damage reduction or dodge rate as well. We're definitely in the late stages of a server where avoid seems to matter much more than HP (since everyone's sweaty washing projects are coming into form).

Would be super neat to rebrand stance as Parry and have it work in conjunction with Final Attack or something.
    Of course, these are all custom and the likeliness of it happening is low, but if Legends is slated to tackle the problems of a late stage server, I think it might need to abandon GMS-like sentiments and lean more towards creative/custom solutions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    12:16 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    tfw you ended your wash at lvl 185 and still got 20k hp as bucc

12. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    11:16 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    This is the solution. I don't understand why people are suggesting number tweaking to change single-target numbers (which inevitably disappoints their nearest neighbour in a DPM tier chart). With perf gear, Heros/DKs have the potential to do 30m+ dpm in 3-cleave. No other job comes close to that. The problem is that there is a lack of opportunity to cleave in bossing. So why mess around with class identities when all you have to do is make cleave more accessible?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Even with just 2-mob cleave, our dpm will be above NL's single target. Pretty sure no one goes scarga with only NLs and Archers

14. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    6:16 AM
    Beginner
    Sorry mate but you are way off.
    Warriors (more so DK/Hero) don't need a "Buff", they need a ROLE.
    Bosses should have more mechanics and or 'phases' that makes cleave & mob control (rush/magnet/stuns) more relevant -
    but as it stands, there are close to none and THAT is the problem - This is what warriors are DESIGNED to do.
    That being said,Paladins already have a solid role as single target, especially in NT.
    Also buccaneers don't need a buff, they're #1 class by far x)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    HB and Rage:)

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:16 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    HB is becoming more and more obsolete as more people finish their turbo-washed attackers. Rage has never really been relevant because ciders and whatever other att pot.

17. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    12:16 PM
    Make warriors tanky again.