1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Warrior Damage Comparison [Neo Tokyo vers]

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Nise, May 13, 2020.

1. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:05 AM
    iPippy
    Obviously we need dummies with higher defense for interval testing. Have you tried doing a test si/echo/whatever else, and then a second with se added in? Should be able to pretty easily compare the damage differences between zerked and non-zerked versions of each. If se applies before the boost, it should get scaled up too. Likewise if it doesnt, the change in damage should be relatively similar. It might very well be calculated differently than ayumilove claims, but that would change quite a bit of understanding of damage calculation.

2. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    Interesting ... I'm curious to know how the other two melee classes fare, since it would make sense to compare them all, especially with the recent shadower changes.

3. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:05 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Spoilers ;)

4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    7:05 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]
    oop, new one is accurate. Nice work OnionBlush

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. injects

injects Blue Snail

Mar 29, 2020
    Thanks for sharing! Is the red katana dpm lower than all the NT swords + ST sword?

6. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I haven't tested it out, so I can't 100% confirm. But compared to dragon weapons, red katana was better. But with NT weapons (which have more weapon attack) I feel like they would have better DPM than the RK

7. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    3:05 PM
    The 1h dragon wep comes up short against the rk as it's fast (5) compared to the rk's fast (4). The difference in speed makes it such a lower w.a. rk typically outperforms the higher w.a. dragon 1h.
    The NT 1h on the other hand is fast (4), making it the same speed as the rk with a much higher base w.a. Provided you can reach the dex, the 1h NT sword will have better dpm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. KaiserBen

KaiserBen Red Snail

May 13, 2020
    Male
    Are these Paladin numbers including the elemental weak multiplier or is this just fire charge on a neutral monster?

9. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    It's just fire charge on a neutral monster ^^

10. KaiserBen

KaiserBen Red Snail

May 13, 2020
    Male
    Epic. I'm going Paladin.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sixt

Sixt Mano

Apr 1, 2020
    4:05 PM
    Would it be possible for you to make a Hero dpm comparison between red katana, ST and dragon claymore with and without SI?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    11:05 AM
    Beginner
    THIS please!

13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Nise would it be possible for you to add a section for these calc's using 20 attack potion? This is a very common scenario in bossing that might show the viability of the lower multipler 1h weapons.

14. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Sure I'll also try to adapt Joota's visualization of things so it's a bit nice to look at with more information~

15. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    I forgot I was gonna comment on this thread a little while back...

While I was creating my DPM chart with normal attack pots (cider and perf gear/lvl 200), I noticed a few things that dark knights might want to know:
    -NT spear and Sky Skis do basically the same damage on cider (NT spear is 0.3% stronger)
    -If the Pink Bean equips come out, the Reverse/Timeless Spears will be stronger than Sky Skis (2.2% stronger)
    -Sky Skis are still stronger than both spears on high attack pots (NT comparison above; 0.7% stronger than Reverse/Timeless Spear)
    *the comparisons hold for all cases (booster, SI, SE, SE/SI)

My point is that with NT weapons being so easy to craft now, NT is actually a viable (possibly better for most cases) option. Neither the NT spear nor the Reverse/Timeless Spears need a buff.

16. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    What gear is being used on your calcs? I plugged my gear (48 attack from non-weapon) into Nise's sheet and perfect NT beats perfect ski until SI is used which makes ski slightly better but they're practically equal. The turning point for me was around 40-41 attack which is where ski started to beat NT with SI. In the end they're close enough together that it doesn't really matter which one a DK chooses. The availability for NT spear will probably be quite low for a while though. I doubt many people will craft one when other classes get a very clear benefit over previous weapons (2h NT vs claymore for example).

upload_2020-6-18_10-23-33.png

17. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    upload_2020-6-18_9-17-28.png
    *It says blue crescent shoes, but it's supposed to be a 7 att red christmas sock

Cider:
    upload_2020-6-18_9-18-20.png

Gelt:
    upload_2020-6-18_9-19-22.png

If something looks off, please let me know!

18. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    TFW when a level 85 spear is still used to compare against end game spears for most bossing scenarios... :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Speed 7 is still garbage and it shouldn't be used. When you get high enough all normal mobs are 1ko anyways, even up to Skelesauruses. So speed 7 will just slow down your kills. No speed 7 spear is strong enough to 2ko the mobs at 7f either, so those kills are also slower.

You also have a lot less control over your character in bossing situations. The extra time spent casting Crusher leaves you more open to failure for many dodge-able attacks, like for jumping over ice in HT prehead 1, or for up-rope buffering prehead 2, or for any ducking in Vergamot, or reaching the rope quicker if you're sed target in HT. It's also easier to jump attack on HT's left side as speed increases.

It's been known that the damage is about equivalent, but even then you're still losing out on a lot more versatility by going speed 7 and it's overall a pepega move. NT spear is still a 'don't craft' tier weapon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    AlyoshaAlyosha I'm not a drk, so I'll take your word for it lol