1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion to economy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nachthexen, Jul 28, 2023.

1. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:44 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    it's actually easier to get a perf weapon now relative to 2017/8

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    10:44 AM
    I totally agree the economy is far from perfect but that’s what makes it fun for me to navigate through.

Also I’m nowhere near being an end-game player as well. Just a casual player who doesn’t participate in any boss expeditions other than buying services for helmets/books/htp.

If I want to obtain a perfect weapon now, merching alone definitely won’t be enough. In fact, it’s the last thing in the list as it’s extremely unreliable.

Reality is, if you want a perfect weapon, you’ll have to work for it. And this involves committing the time and effort to gain the necessary knowledge and plan things out before execution.

If I want a perfect weapon, first I’ll have to understand my goal.

I should find out how much they cost. Let’s say I want a +7 Red Craven. Clean perfect RC are selling at around 15mil. CFA30 are at 8-9mil. I could scroll +3 at the expected cost of ~1bil, or +4 at ~3.2bil, then WS10 the rest at the expected 3-4k PCoins + 300-400mil.

OR, I could just buy a perfect RC at 3.5-4k PCoins. Because the past players already made them, no RNG yay.

So now my goal is 4k Pcoins, or 13.6bil. There are many meso earning methods that yields reliably anywhere between 10-20mil/hr. If I farm 2hrs on weekdays, 5hrs on weekends, at 10mil/hr, per month I’ll get 800mil. So to get 13.6bil, it’ll be 17 months. It’s similar to the amount of time I’ll need to vote if I want to wash, but still less than 2 years which many of them took more than 2-3 years to obtain.

This is just one of the many ways and a far less efficient way. If you sell leech you’ll cut the time by half or even less, at the cost of more effort. Or even more effort is multi-mage farming and dk farming, which players have already shared the setups. You don’t have to spend time figuring them.

If you cannot commit the time and effort, then it’s a you problem.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    What truly separates the poor and the rich in ML is the mindset, not the economy. Especially when RWT is out of the equation.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Nachthexen

Nachthexen Orange Mushroom

Nov 2, 2017
    Seoul, in South Korea
    11:44 AM
    Issyha
    Sniper
    nope

What a convenient ways to replace that structural problem as individual problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    8:44 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Right, so no life the game every single day for 17 months and it's right there waiting, so easy, if not thats a you problem.

Regardless what is the point of even gate keeping ws/cs so badly as we do now. To slow progression? To make the game harder? If I perfected a weapon, I'm going to the next item, or next character or next project. ML staff+players act like if someone gets a +7 weapon that means they quit, meanwhile me and some of my good friends on ML considering leaving and/or actively take long breaks but the entire game structure is this "no life for years or you can't play, if you don't then lower expectations"
    We punish players in every single way in this server, but agree to disagree the forums are just memes at this point. Its like politics there is no middle ground on anything here

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Is it really? Or is it because you have 5-6 years of progression and a lvl 200?

7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    7:44 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    A few months after I started on ML I obtained my first mid-game item, a level 100 bow scrolled for +26 wa. It was worth around 1b at the time. I was level 14x ish, I think, and never really thought I’d hit end game, run PB, multimage, or scroll a perfect weapon at the time. I had this weapon until 18x, and was pretty happy with it. I was never denied from content for being too weak, and never felt like I wasn’t pulling my weight on boss runs. In fact I was able to get invited to multiple 6 man HT runs with some of the best players in the game, even with this weapon.

Looking back, and comparing my experiences to “mid game” players now, I wonder if the overall mentalities of mid game players changed or if it’s just a few players with bad attitudes. I’m not sure why players expect to be owed perfect weapons nowadays, or why people think spending several months making a perfect weapon is some kind of travesty. If you want to make a perfect weapon your goal and go through the grind I think that’s great; it’s difficult for a reason, people enjoy the challenge. But you’re more than capable of playing the game even with a mid level weapon.

For what it’s worth I think making a come up as a new player right now is a bit rough, tougher than it was before. Staff has taken away tools that were important in the rise of many players, including myself, such as multimaging, while also saddling players with the burden of increased pot costs. But high end goals are still attainable with slightly more work, and I think casual bossing is in a better state than when I started. Contrary to common belief, boss runs are actually reliable profit currently, compared to when I started when there were no coins, many bosses were just straight up a guaranteed loss.

At the end of the day kiwizkiwiz put it best. A lot of enjoyment in this game comes down to mentality and mindset. If you wanna set high goals, you can still achieve them with enough hours. If you’re patient enough and willing to work, you can reap the rewards of endgame gear. But if not, there’s nothing wrong with being happy as a casual or mid game player. Just because some goals are out of reach doesn’t mean you have to be bitter about it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Nachthexen

Nov 2, 2017
    Seoul, in South Korea
    Issyha
    Sniper
    nope
    The important thing is not total amounts of trying but total quality of trying.

I wonder what is the directionality of this server. Is that only for a few lucky or rich people? There's no immortal empire. Every countries will be brokedown in someday. If they won't listen and won't care to new players, this server will be loss of its vitality and died slowly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Exactly the point I try to get across but nobody cares about the newer player base/server enough to admit it or change things.

10. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    It’s my problem as well. I don’t have any perfect weapon so you know, because I’m not willing to commit the time.

Those who obtained perfect weapons may not have what you defined as a life, but it is theirs.

I’m sorry you didn’t find the progression of the game enjoyable. Regretfully, what you are trying to chase here is not within your means and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I’m sure if we ask fartsyfartsy to start from scratch, he will make it within 3 months. blushmush, right?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    [​IMG]
    You’d be surprised. There’s plenty of endgame players who share this view, but it’s difficult to support you on these threads because your attitude is so piss poor. It’s entirely possible to ask for change and propose suggestions without acting so victimized.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Either I get blasted here or blasted under suggestions, there is no diff dude. Getting told "there is no problem lower expectations, waiting 2 years to wash and/or years for a weapon is perfectly fine" repeatedly is pointless to even put any effort into. Im not even trying to ws10 a weapon it's just where these economy posts always lead. If I figured it was even slightly possible I would do ws10, but its not with my pathetic unwashed access to the "hp wash optional" content.

I think your response further up was one of the only ones that had rational thought out into it. Although I still disagree with it I can respect your take.

13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:44 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Is getting enough meso to ws10 an equip hard for a new player? Yes
    Is ws10ing a weapon at all necessary for your first 180-200 levels? No, you'll be perfectly able to join any content on this server with meso that you achieve on the road to midgame.

Ws10ing is a luxury, not a requirement. I don't think it should be comfortable or possible to obtain a perfected weapon in less time than the time it takes to reach and endgame level.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Fixing an economy is not an easy task, no matter what anyone says. There’s literally entire divisions dedicated to this for major games. Most players on ML agree the current state of economy is not great, but unfortunately nobody can agree on a solution. Some players want to put more tools in the hands of players by increasing boss coin rates. Some players want to take away tools by removing multi dk. What’s the correct answer? What can actually be implemented? What’s just a bandaid, what will have positive or negative long term effects?

There’s a reason why there’s so much discussion on this topic, but whenever you reply to one of these threads all I ever see is complaining. You complain you’re not washed enough, you complain your class is bad, you complain you’ll never be able to perfect a weapon because playing a game for 6+ months means you don’t have a life. I know this might seem crazy but plenty of other people have been in the same boat as you and managed to find a way forward. At no point have I ever seen any post from you that indicated you were interested in either solving any of your problems, learning from others, or just generally making any kind of improvement to your situation other than complaining.

There are solutions you can propose to Staff and there are solutions you can take on for yourself with whatever resources you have on hand. Stop acting like you’re under attack by the entire server and are fighting some kind of lone wolf war to save the economy, you’re not getting “blasted,” people are genuinely trying to help you see different points of view.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. OP
    OP
    Nachthexen

Nov 2, 2017
    Seoul, in South Korea
    Issyha
    Sniper
    nope
    Yes, I know it. Then, How about the half of that? For example, 10% x 3 times scrolling. It's alright to accept. However, even this, it's too far to be reached it. I don't think it's luxury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Why bother with 3xws10? Just make/buy a weapon scrolled with 30s and 60s. It'll last you for ages.
    Ws10 is a whole seperate step for when you want to advance your weapon to a point where probability dictates that it's infeasible to achieve it through 30/60s. There's no point in doing half of a ws10.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    The only single piece of advice anyone has actually given was momentum cancel I believe by you. Every single other post regarding the above have been "git gud, lower expectations, or skill issue"
    So whats the point? I state a simple fact, the economy is broken/needs repair and get spit roasted by the same 10 people that are at or basically achieved endgame, telling me the game is easy peasy? You expect people to take time suggesting just so you guys can flex all the reasons you disregard or disagree with the topic?

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way. Not saying any individual is a problem but rather the “you problem” is the obstacle each of us have. I understand not everyone has time to commit.

I don’t think I’ve disagreed with any of your points other than adding what I feel could be the problem as well, which includes being too ambitious from the start only to be disappointed by the huge leaps in between, and stating something about the market dynamics.

19. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    It’s either clean or no slot! Nothing in between. It’s illegal to leave an item incomplete. Also minimum purple text. Blue = trash.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    SubterlaborSubterlabor Just go play a highrate server if you want instant gratification. There's no point posting baseless complaints when you are clueless how this game/server functions.

I'm sorry but ugh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1