1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Current map/boss changes

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:07 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

In here we'll document the changes we've been making in order to compensate for the less channels. Please note that this is not final, and we are still active changing things around while observing and testing a lot. This is for transparency reasons.

Bosses:
    Manon / Griffey respawn has been reduced from 4 hours > 3 hours

Monster Cards:
    The drop rates from all area bosses have been sharply increased.

Maps:
    Long Kiss Duku Good Night (Duku Dungeon) mob & spawn rate increased
    Destroyed Park II mob & spawn rate increased
    Destroyed Park I mob & spawn rate increased
    Ulu Estate III # of mobs increased
    Nest of a Dead Dragon # of mobs increased
    Shaolin Sutra 1-2F map spawn adjusted
    Road to Oblivion 4 map spawn rate increased

Latest changes (last update: 16/7/2018):
    No changes since creation of the topic

We'll observe and adjust further once need. Do note while this all seem 'end game' maps, we also aim to look over at other level ranges in near future.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:07 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    There's been lots of changes and balancing done to the meta end-game maps to make things more diverse. So let's do a quick run down of what to expect from maps as mage (since other classes haven't really gotten affected as much from our changes).

Early Levels

Petri & Skele (2 hit)
    As a starting mage (130+), these two maps are still your bread and butter.

Duku (2 hit)
    Hello giant tree friend! Destroyed Park I is a great map to go if you can 2 hit these fellas. Don't worry, you won't get stunned if you're careful! It's also a great place for a duo! *Friendly for both Archmages & Bishops!*

Mid Levels

Bronze Staffmen (2 hit)
    One of the newest additions to MapleLegends, Shaolin Sutra 1-2F provides good exp and party-play for mages!

Chief Qualm Guardians (1 hit)
    Let's not forget Temple of Time, Road of Regret 4, which is a great map for Fire Poison Archmages as you can easily 1 hit these mobs for some sweet and easy exp + drops.

Montrecer (1 hit)
    This one might be tough for a bishop, but Ulu Estate III is a good in-between map from the other maps on this list!

End-Game

Skele (1 hit)
    With our buff to Nest of a Dead Dragon, Skele 1 hit now provides more exp! Bishops deserve love too!

Silver Spearmen
    If you have enough total magic to do montrecers and bronze staffmen, just a bit more and you can venture into Shaolin Sutra 3-4F, which is a good way to spice things up and still get similar levels of exp!

Petri (1 hit)
    If you can 1 hit these stone rubble monsters, Ulu City Centre is a must go place, but other maps on this list give as much or maybe even more exp!

Duku (1 hit)
    Previously Duku maps weren't as loved, but after our buffs Destroyed Park II and Long Kiss Duku Good Night are now better than Petri! Destroyed Park II is a good map solo if you figure out the secret behind the map, and an even better one with another mage! Of course, the dungeon is there if you want to just grind it out for a short while!

Mini Gold Martial Artists (3 hit)
    You're a fully grown up mage now! 3 hitting these small guys at Shaolin Sutra 5-6F gives similar levels to the maps listed here under "End-Game"! Go try it if you haven't already!

Chief Oblivion Guardians (1 hit)
    Last but not least, the Ice Lightning Archmages get a shout out with Road to Oblivion 4, which has also gotten a buff to make it even better than it was before!

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:07 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    aaaaand if you don't play mage? o.o cos I think is the only class ppl has in mind when comes to grinding spot changes

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I think the thread only pertains to mages but obi4 is "still a good party map". I've personally never been there but it's just what I heard.

6. DL4u

DL4u Pink Teddy

Mar 30, 2018
    Male
    10:07 AM
    DL4u
    Hermit
    Simplex
    +1

7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Still, all these changes are for mages because they balance maps for mages. Like the odd positions of the mobs at the Shaolin temple only slightly annoying them but not really cos there are platforms you can still stand on no problem (any other job will find the new spawn odd to kill in, even ranged). Or how trying to make duku better by nerfing petri and buffing duku spawn; duku a mob that stuns frequently and needs to be 1 shot to even be a viable grinding spot. Besides a bucc using barrage or a high lv nl with se, no other job can easily 1 shot duku but mages.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Most of our changes hit the mage meta and tried to have mages diversify. Allowing non-mages to use those maps to train themselves, rather than have it hogged by leech sellers. For a non-mage, these changes aren't going to be noticeable from an EPM standpoint. But a quick wrap up of spots for non-mages would be:

Shaolin 1-2F, 3-4F, 5-6F, 7F
    Oblivion 4
    Petri
    Crimson Guardians

Which map you go depends on your class, your level, and your gear. Whether you are in a party, who is in that party, etc etc. It's hard to give a linear progression of the map/mobs you should be doing as a non-mage. That's always been the case, it's just that mages in particular all got clumped up at Petri and never left till they were 200 o.o

9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    There was no option, there is always the best map for your class and you will go there no matter what. More than spawn is more map design, a smaller map with clustered mobs do better than wide maps with separated mobs like tot, also I think attackers dmg is hard to change when comes to grinding, on grinding all goes down to how many hits do you need to kill, for a mage to jump from 2 hit to 1 hit is decently easy (unless you are a bishop and you want to 1 shot something that isnt weak to your element). Anyways I would like to see some shaolin changes, my story there was a bit disappointing, going first day with a fellow shadower to duo attacker it, was so fun and we got nice exp for duo attacker till the mages took all the chs and grinded or just sit there attacking every 5 misn to keep the map, had to get back to petri, and now that it isn't as full still good but is a bit mroe anoying to kill it, the mini golden karate guys are ok but the silver spearmen are all over the place, especially for melee.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:07 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I just want to quickly point out that the changes to "Nest of the Dead Dragon" map are actually a nerf, not a buff. The reason has to do with the fact that gensis(and other mage ultimates) cannot hit the bottom platform from the mid platform. Prior to the nerf, bishops would stand on the top platform and genesis the middle and top platform. Since there were only 2 spawns on the bottom platform, the bottom spawns could be ignored. But now that there are more spawns added to the bottom, the top and middle spawns start to move down to the bottom after a while. Because of this, bishops are forced to move down to eliminate the bottom plat spawns, which greatly decreases the EPH.

There are some specific spot on the mid platform that can be used to hit all 3 platforms at once, but they are very awkward to use and often result in getting knocked off.

Here are some numbers to give an idea of the scale of the nerf.
    The following are EPH rates for my bishop at the 2 skele maps before and after the changes.
    Skeles are 1 shot about 90% of the time (1270 magic) and there is 1 leecher in the party.

Nest of Dead Dragon(pre-patch): 59m
    Nest of Dead Dragon(post-patch camping top plat): 51m
    Nest of Dead Dragon(post-patch camping mid plat attempting to hit all 3 plats) : 54m*
    The Dragon Nest left behind: 65m

*This can probably be optimized

EDIT: As eiji pointed out below, this information is outdated and no longer accurate

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    All I see mention of here is mages. What about all the other classes?

I don't know much about end-game but I want to believe every other class can also train properly, right?

12. B2

B2 Slime

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    3:07 PM
    AquaSama
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Tomodachi
    tfw skele buff is implemented after 200

13. BBDer

BBDer Mano

Jun 2, 2015
    the buff to Nest of a Dead Dragon .......1hit skele
    slow about 15% after buff

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BBDer

BBDer Mano

Jun 2, 2015
    ofc other class can train properly cuz they train other map

15. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Thanks for the feedback, we’ll look into it but when I tested it personally there was a rise in EPH by around 4m. I will test it again later, and maybe implement a hotfix to achieve the intended result.

But if the map is to be buffed exp wise, it’ll be very hard to achieve by only touching the top 2 platforms in my opinion. But we’ll continue to monitor it and apply a fix if necessary~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    If there was an attacker on the bottom platform doing something rather than the usual bishop leech that happens, I think the exp would be the same or better.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    12:07 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    no offense, but you are doing something wrong, if thats your epm. ive tested it for 2 days straight with SI, without SI, with 2 leechers, with 1 leecher. youre messing up somewhere.

18. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Oh yea those rates were from a while back and were not accurate for sure. I tested right after the first patch and they changed the map two times more after that point. It was also before I learned the correct rotation for the map. After all of the map changes and getting comfortable with the correct rotation I get ~67-70m eph with 1 leecher, no SI. Hopefully that sounds more reasonable!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    So i’ve gotten a bit of conflicted opinions on this, but do you prefer post or pre change?

20. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    12:07 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    its fine where it is now

• Agree Agree x 1