1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leeching

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LiquidOoze, Sep 9, 2018.

1. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    9:50 PM
    If nothing is going to be done about leeching can we add power guard and three shell leech. In old school GMS, you can use powerguard on mobs and any character within 5 levels of the power guard would get full exp. In goby maps, once they use magic cancel, snail shells would hit them and you can get exp.

Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwQ8w7Pp-4

It's in old school GMS and this server is GMS like right?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Tan

Tan King Slime

Dec 21, 2017
    Male
    9:50 AM
    Closer
    Dragon Knight
    Plug
    Nice..soudns good to me

3. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    4:50 AM
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    how do you want the leeching system to change tho?

4. OP
    OP
    LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    If nothing is going to curb mage leeching, might as well allow attacker classes to leech also. Give NLs/Warriors, etc. the ability to boss leech at big foot, anego, samurai, etc. Why should only mages be allowed to leech. There are 5 classes in this game.

5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    6:50 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    ...Something is stopping them from leeching there? It's just more of a hassle to find leechers and trying to get them to understand what's going on, at least in the case of BF. Most boss leech isn't afk either.

Unless you want something that looks like that video, which I really hope isn't the case. Level 30-40 in 3 and a half minutes? That looks like bug abuse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    9:50 AM
    Those leeching methods are not allowed in this server. In the old GMS days, it was possible, though unconventional.

As to leeching, we never once said this server supports leeching strongly, nor do we discourage it. In a sense, it's just a method on how a player grinds/play this game. Many see leeching as a form of income in an unorthodox way, while some disagree and think it's making the server "dead" and unhealthy. We have no intention of changing the leeching system since we do not exactly advertise on this.

7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  8. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Power guard was modified for leech to not be possible afaik

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:50 AM
    Moderator Post
    It's not intentionally by me removed, but I have not seen a single server where this method works, so its most likely an exploit because Neckson's way things work is whack. If it was possible here I wouldn't have allowed it anyway, because you need kill yourself and a couple of other things, which is clearly to me an oversight/exploit.

10. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    In GMS, it didn't require the PG user to die, rather they let the PG user die to maximize exp and to prevent PG from over-leveling. I agree that even in GMS this method was ridiculously unbalanced and am glad it's not here in ML. It made bigfoot hunting the absolute most toxic and contested area of the game. (It made the current Anego quarrels look like a tea party. Who remembers ping-pong rushing BF in ks wars? Rampant hacking? Whisper-DoS? Map crash hacking? Channel crashing? All for the lucrative Bigfoot PG leech)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  11. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I remember being able to kill bigfoot I like a minute with shadowweb:p