1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition for Buccaneer Super Transformation to have 90% stance

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dawnie, Apr 4, 2020.

1. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    6:06 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    may i add that sometimes buccs get knocked into zak body by the summons after each demo? just putting it out there for lower level bucc mains since everyones talking about HT particularly

2. Samyy

Samyy Slime

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    12:06 PM
    LolitsSam
    Assassin
    I can also white if i atk 1 part for 45min+ with nobody else atking it, doesnt take away that our overall dpm 45 is far lower compared to other classes that do ht

3. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think I'll chime in here, as someone who has HT-ed as a bucc before and wished I had either kept it as an SI mule or made it into a dexbucc.

I think I can agree with OP's suggestions, and most of what OP said, less the falling off from top platform, since you aren't even supposed to fall from the top to bottom based on my limited bucc HT experience.

Let's take your (un)typical Lv18x bucc, with average gear like 37 stat overall, 98 wa cent & 10 atk cape. He does a consistent 6.8mil demo dpm on preheads with bears+se+echo. Assuming ST has a 100% uptime, and this gets applied to dpm45 with no cancels on head, his dpm45 is gonna be 6.8mil, and is not going to beat me or iies' dpm from the flex thread. Even if you throw in that stance from ST, it's not going to magically do 1.3mil dpm more to match what we did.

Now, here's the real scenario. ST only has a 2/3 uptime when maxed, and you'll probably spend the rest of the 60 seconds on barrage + ds. I honestly doubt you are going to perfectly time your energy charge to give you stance every time your ST ends, so that means you are going to have to deal with attacks knocking you to lower platforms (not to the floor), forcing you to re-position during your barrage + DS. And don't tell me "just time your barrage with HT attacks", because there are going to be multiple parts hitting you at the same time and it is near impossible to predict when the attack will happen.

Also, not everyone is going to have maxed ST/demo at 165. I've seen people max TL or will, or even put points into MW first. There are also a majority, who of course, chose the ST/Demo route in exchange for stuff like non-maxed DS and non-maxed SI. Yea, perhaps that's the optimal build, but there's also people like me who "stupidly" maxed SI all the way to 20. This is only going to further lower the damage the bucc is going to do.

Overall, I'll be surprised if your maxed ST bucc can consistently break the 6.5mil dpm45 mark at HT while sticking to the requirements in the flex thread. Sure, you can argue that bucc provides utility such as SI which boosts cleave/bishop damage, and TL that can double ress/smoke. But at that point, I'll rather just bring in an SI mule that is stacked with dex equips, if not a dexbucc.

Also, whiting a HT part doesn't automatically mean a class is strong. I white HT arms every run on my mage too, but I can't find more than 3 parties that is willing to take my mage for a HT run.

I think what OP has suggested is just an extension of what was listed in the previous bucc buff suggestion thread. Maybe if the Energy Charge buff from that thread already exists, then I wouldn't agree with what OP has suggested, since it would be much easier to fill up your charge and get that stance.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    4:06 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think I more or less agree with a stance buff, but that is more or less because I am still convinced bucc is a slightly underpowered class.
    That said let me make a somewhat bold suggestion as a non-bucc player (at least one that doesnt involved 500 dex), bucc should never be on the the right side of HT. Despite appearances buccaneer and paladin are not cleave classes, they are range classes, so you should play them as such. There is no reason to go to the right side of HT if you continuously get knocked off the platform. The solution is simply to attack from the left side so the leftwards KB does not knock you off. This is a strategy that has already been implemented for pallys in order to maximize HH damage. Any competent HT pally will move to the mid head after the tail instead of cleaving on the right side.

5. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    5:06 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    usually be in preheads too, I'm one more warrior

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Exactly why I know tricks that I go up to discord, but to your lv I remember that I also had that doubt of the stance, you are on the right track it is normal

• Like Like x 1
  7. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    6:06 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Can confirm luffy has whited me in prehead before

• Like Like x 1
  8. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    https://discordapp.com/channels/101640513408491520/318407418650427412/692965145780944906
    puede ver mi trabajo en carreras HT
    Muchas veces quise dejar de ser un pirata por muchas cosas, postura, no lavar hp, jugar mago, paly, vender lech, también pedí cambios en el pasado en el trabajo Masteri aturdir habilidad 3; ser pasivo % crítico en todos los mobs (= SE pero pasivo) y% monstruo aturdidor, para aplicar el jefe y mejorar el daño pero dijeron que no;
    Otra cosa que pedí y me negaron es poder usar la súper transformación y todas las habilidades
    Me gusta armar combinaciones y esquemas de interrupción, cuando comencé el 90% de las buccs eran mulas en este servidor y ahora muchas personas 17x veces me dicen que les gusta cómo manejo el mío y motivarlos, eso es lo que me hizo regresar,
    Todavía me falta un arma perfecta o actualizo otros artículos
    es por eso que publicó videos en discordia para decirles a los demás que los bucc también son buenos
    Para ser honesto, estaba escribiendo una guía hace un tiempo, pero lo dejo, hay buenas guías de lavado o Kurayamilove y Davi, pero hasta ahora no veo una buena guía de macros y combos en cada jefe. Todavía estoy pensando si debería terminar. hacerlo pero no soy tan bueno cargando imágenes y videos en el foro también mi inglés es malo

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Just write a good guide in spanish and have Tauriel translate it!

10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:06 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Buccs are melee Night Lords change my mind

11. CervezaSanta

CervezaSanta King Slime

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    CervezaSanta
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Vivid
    As a NL main that has a bucc secondary, I agree with ST being NL mode, going from piano class to holding down one button pog.

12. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    buccs really out here getting like 7 buffs in the past 3 years and still wanting more

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Maybe we can buff barrel again?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven

Are you god-moding ? MonkaS

15. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    TFW, you already have a mindset Buccaneer are not suppose to white Dark Knight is a joke. Single DPS cant win cleave ? You already have advantage as a cleave. Let the single target DPS win once in a while.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    Fact of the matter is Buccs were severely gimped at first release because they couldn't use all their skills while transformed. That was fixed in later versions. I know they can't do that in this server, so using transform while regular grinding is actually like nerfing yourself. Buccs need more incentive to Transform.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Didn’t say luffy shouldn’t white. You’re the one bringing up that he’s overleveled compared to most runners but I’m similar level and probably more geared yet he still whites under some circumstances. Generally on prehead 2 where stance isn’t that effective but he can stay further away with demo and iframes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Aye, good to know c:

19. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    I'm going to agree with many others in saying buccs have absolutely no reason to receive this buff. If stance is to be taken as not getting knocked back while a mob/boss is attacking, then buccs probably have the highest stance in the game along with shadowers, as these classes have insane iframes. Moreover, buccs especially benefit from these iframes during super transform. As a case example, my Dark Knight gets more knock back with max stance (90%) than both the shadowers and buccaneers I run with. By focusing on control, their iframes can be optimised to increase knockback resistance, while % stance buffs cannot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    This comment is entirely subjective -

I think it's easy to request skill changes without thinking through the detailed implications. Buccs asking for 90% stance is honestly super ludicrous LOL like it's a completely unreasonable ask. You can't have everything you want in a class. I'm going to write this in the context that OP is asking for stance mostly because of Horntail, based on the comments after the post.

Much like corsairs, buccs excel everywhere except for HT. Yes I haven't played bucc myself yet, my pirate is only lvl 108, but there are a multitude of facts to support that buccs don't need increased stance. I've bossed with a variety of buccs in every bossing situation (Zak, CWK, Neo Tokyo, HT, Toad) and seen more than enough to know that 90% stance isn't warranted because buccs have so many unique advantages of their own.

You just want 90% stance. Everybody wants 90% stance!

1. HT is only one boss. Not every class is built to be an optimal attacker in every bossing situation. After lvl 16x with most of the big skills maxed, buccs are slightly subpar for HT, sure, but they're very good in every solo target bossing scenario - which is the majority of bossing in Legends. You're asking for stance to fix bucc's subpar damage in HT as if buccs don't also have two of the most coveted and impactful party buffs in the game.

A class's impact or "value" in a bossing run isn't strictly tied to DPM. Look at it this way - similar to archers, buccs need to spend more time repositioning from knockback and climbing ropes in HT, sure. But also similar to archers, you have a party buff that hugely boosts your team. Buccs are in part a support class because of SI and TL - SI often significantly increases the overall damage of your team (it boosts warriors and mages more than SE), and I've seen TL save entire Horntail runs more times than I can count. These things are a part of your skillset. 90% stance is not a part of your skillset for good reason, because it would make bucc broken (like, too overpowered to be reasonable).

I'd also like to point out, archers get slapped around way more than buccs in Horntail, and that with similar caliber gear, archers still have lower DPM (edit: at least MM, BM and buccs may be more even). Do archers deserve stance too then?

2. There are also better ways to optimize your damage in HT as a bucc. I believe I just ran with you last night. You were attacking the wings and the arms until they died. But buccs should attack left + mid head the entire HT run (at least after legs + tail die) because buccs are not cleavers, they are single target attackers. The time a bucc spends attacking wings and arms in Horntail is usually more wasted time because the cleavers will likely take down those parts before the heads without any help from the single target attackers. So it's best for the team that buccs focus on the left + mid heads. Not to mention, you probably won't ever get knocked off top left platform because knockback is almost always to the left.

3. Buccs literally have the best utility iframes in the game, and they also have stance sometimes! You want the best iframes in the game and 90% stance?? I realize I'm saying this as a shadower that also has iframes, but bucc iframes are vastly superior to shad's everywhere but HT because buccs are doing optimal damage while using their iframes. Shad iframes only have constant utility in HT body stage because it actually makes sense for us to use boomstep there. In any single target bossing situation I only use boomstep's iframes to dodge attacks, because using boomstep means that I stop doing optimal damage (it's much weaker than assassinate).

I think Legends is well balanced and bucc is an awesome class. It's why I'm making an actual bucc instead of a high avoid dex mule. Imo, the only class that's warranted a skillbuff is Marksman because there's no real incentive to pick Marksman over BowMaster except for Snipe doing more damage in early 4th job. Sorry for ranting, quarantine got me bored

Also nerf dex buccs that shit has gotten way out of hand lmao

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1