1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Paladin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artrex, May 13, 2020.

1. artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    2:39 PM
    Dark Knight
    How good is paladin for every boss from this list:zak/ht/nt/anego/toad
    ty for your answer <3

2. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    7:39 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Paladin is good at all of those bosses except anego. They’re probably decent at anego since it’s lightning/holy weak but it’ll take quite a few potions since anego does high close range damage

3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:39 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Good luck ever finding an anego. That boss is heavily camped.

S tier in Neo tokyo (probably best class overall for this content)
    A tier in Zak / HT / Toad / Anego.

2h sword blast range is ridiculous, so i bet you can attack outside of slap range for anego.

4. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    Can palas hit every place they want in ht or nt?i heard their attack range is super low

5. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    7:39 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    hey friend they got buffed their attack ranged now doubled and can hit things much further without any problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I've just started Neo Tokyo and I must say it's pretty hilarious how good we do here considering it's supposed to be among the toughest in the game. Even at level 158 with some much higher level party members I can get white exp on verga.

Very very good at zak arms, my 4 attacker + 2 bishop squad has registered that on average zak arms takes 2 whole minutes less (8ish minutes compared to 10ish) when a paladin is in. On the zak body itself we do good damage which doesnt lose to any other melee attacking class.

As for somewhere Paladin is notably sub-par, that would be CWKPQ. Our cleave damage on 3 bunched up targets is probably only 60-75% of a similarly geared DrK/Hero, and run times get noticeably longer when I'm in the party as opposed to a good DrK.

7. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Why don't paladins just run as ranged character in cwkpq..? In which case they'd be top tier. Considering that they can use HH every time mage bosses uses the super high defense, they'd be above all range in cwk.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:39 PM
    Margana is strong against all elements, making blast a bit meh.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    How good are they in ht?

10. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    So I haven't actually done it before (level 158 pala J> HT Squads btw) but the fact that people create Hammer mules to bring into HT should tell you enough

11. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    Not sure if that's a good argument. People also make SI mules and buccs aren't considered great at HT.

12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Hmm- fair point. But think of it this way- people make DEX Buccs to bring into HT because they want the buccs in HT right? If multiclienting was banned, buccs would have guaranteed spots on many squads thanks to how much utility they bring, despite their relatively lower DPM.

In any case, I concede it might be a flawed argument by me, maybe those who have done HT hundreds of times can weigh in.

13. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    5:39 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Buccs are mediocre at HT outside of TL/SI, which is why people prefer to bring dex buccs (also because you can't even find many real buccs that run HT). If boss multiclienting was banned, buccs would not have guaranteed spots on HT squads, it would simply be a nerf to the SI dependent classes. The reason why HH is broken is because it lets you do damage without any stats/gear, but real pallys are strong at HT even without HH.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    xadraxadra I'm curious to know how fast pally's level. I want to play an attacker job, without leeching it to 155, but I also don't want to kill myself grinding. I've heard shadowers level fastest 4th job after mages, but how do paladins compare with HH? Like what's your average eph at Shaolin, or comparable training spots.

15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    At level 120-129: Very slow, since you don't have heavens hammer.
    Level 129-16x: Very fast initially since HH does static damage, but Heavens hammer gets outscaled in the lategame.
    16x+: Slower than the other two warriors, since by this time if they have decent gears, they clear faster than a 15 second heavens hammer.

16. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I'm a maple boomer that mostly played in late 2017 before Nise and Skarm discovered those disgusting HH exploits.

My advice if you're grinding without leech is to get 1 rush and max ACB first -- this way you can annihilate petris and duo skele with some noob bishops. But yes as akash says, after you get max HH you can do disgusting things like duo Crims with a Roar DK, or I heard 5-6 with an archmage is good too.

I'm more used to crims so I've been doing that recently with a DK friend, and I get 48m EPH with a HS mule.

And yes as Akash says we slow down again after late 15x since at this point Heroes and DRKs start to get very strong cleave on 7F mobs and clear faster than our HH. Our ACB just doesn't cut it anymore, sadly.

If you're curious here's the levelling history of an almost 100% self-grinded paladin, save for a couple of leech levels at 112-114: https://maplelegends.com/levels?name=Adra (just realized you can't see the levelling history of characters not in your own account. If anyone wants to know just pm me and I'll send a screenshot or smth)

17. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    The only contents where Pallies are weak are CWK (covered by people above), Krexel (second form resists all elements), and grandpa boss (requires ridicluous accuracy to even hit - this is a problem for all warriors and buccs, not just paladin). Paladins are disgustingly strong against bosses with elemental weaknesses (ie. most of Neo Tokyo, Scarga) and Horntail (due to many body parts for Heaven's Hammer to do damage to), and generally solid otherwise too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:39 PM
    Pala’s are decent in HT. If you manage to join one as the only pally you’re almost guaranteed to white at least one body part during the run (mid head) provided you do decent enough dmg with blast.

only painful part is at the beginning of the body where if you want to have maximum uptime you have to sit under body and get hit for constant 7k-10k touch dmg for around 4mins or so