1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

An Urge to Remove the Multi-Client Boss Restrictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TTKirnk, Jun 20, 2020.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:04 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    +1 for getting rid of MC ban.
    I haven't gone bossing in awhile because event/cardhunting, but I'm really not looking forward to having to set up another monitor and my old desktop just to boss the way that is comfortable for me. It's a huge waste of energy/effort with no community benefit, and if anything, the changes causes a deterrent from bossing rather than encouraging 'inclusion'.

Can anybody in the community speak out in favor of the changes? Have you noticed any change in being included in runs?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. DanNubs

DanNubs Blue Snail

Mar 4, 2019
    1:04 AM
    Priest
    tbh. alot of people (in my opinion) have given up on most bosses besides HT due to people undercutting everything xD. Zak is now a joke, people selling helms at 1~5m.

3. Waespym

Waespym Red Snail

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    11:04 AM
    SleepyHobo
    Beginner
    And, this in my opinion, is why the "old guard" doesn't want the admins to get rid of HP washing. It would remove one of the biggest barriers to doing HT and remove its exclusivity causing a drop in prices (i.e. a few groups wont be controlling the market anymore).

4. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:04 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The biggest barrier to HT is the 2 hour timer, and we didn't ask for that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Waespym

Waespym Red Snail

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    SleepyHobo
    Beginner
    That's why I said "one" of the biggest barriers.

6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:04 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    A few groups don't control the market anyways.

upload_2020-6-23_21-7-44.png

That's 3 pages of Genesis 30 books, in total 28 books were listed in FM. There are many, many different HT groups which makes it a competitive market.

7. Waespym

Waespym Red Snail

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    SleepyHobo
    Beginner
    I'm probably wrong about the # of groups (going by what I was told from someone else), but that owl search doesn't necessarily prove anything. A few groups with a decent amount of people doing a lot of HT runs overtime could fill that. Regardless, without HP washing there would be more books on the market.

8. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    6:04 PM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    And how is that good to have that many books on the market? How would you earn money to get endgame gear?

9. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:04 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  10. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    5:04 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I don't see the logic here. No hp washing means less people to run horntail. Less people means less runs. Less runs means less drops. Less drops means less books. Less books with the same demand means higher prices. So no hp washing => more expensive and less ht books on the market.
    It's not like without hp washing, no one needs ht books anymore.

Disclaimer: I didn't read the thread as TL;DR

11. Waespym

Waespym Red Snail

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    SleepyHobo
    Beginner
    More books means they become cheaper and more accessible. If this caused the majority of players to no longer have funds to purchase end game gear the market would naturally adjust. I'm not advocating for making the game easier, just removing a mechanic that was not utilized extensively in GMS and creates a high barrier of entry to comfortably play large parts of the game.

I mean without HP washing I though it was pretty obvious that it would be replaced with an alternative method to gaining HP. Fixing this issue would would literally take less than 1 minute of the devs time in addition to the time needed to calculate a balanced curve.

One of the head devs, who I think retired in the past, has posted the code on the forums years ago showing how HP is given at every level. The fix is as simple as changing a couple numbers in some lines of code.

• Funny Funny x 2