1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MP Washing? Future Shadower

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by reeseko, Oct 28, 2020.

1. reeseko

reeseko Mano

Feb 22, 2020
    3:07 AM
    Reeseko
    Bandit
    I don’t have any INT gear but I’ve been voting for a few months to start at Shadower. I’ve been trying to understand MP washing and I’m wondering if it’s “infinite”. If I take say... 200 base INT while self leeching could I just spam AP resets from MP back into MP and net more MP for washing as a result? Anyone with experience getting 9-10k base HP want to share what their base INT+ INT gear looked like and if they MP washed at all?

2. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    12:07 AM
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    MP washing works as follows:
    • Having base INT will = more MP on each level-up.
    • MP washing = putting fresh stats into MP, then resetting it to put it back into your main stats (LUK or whatever else). Lots of mages do this so that they can reach 30K MP sooner, and I've done this on my NL to get more MP so I can do more HP washes.
    • Therefore, it is not necessarily "infinite" since it's not an infinite loop. However, MP washing will give you the ability (only if you have base INT) to have significantly higher MP and therefore significantly higher HP once everything is washed.
    • Because I have 165 base INT on my NL, when I pumped an additional 150 stat points into MP, I was able to have higher MP that I could then put back into my main stats. Later, with this higher MP, I could HP wash even more.
    Hope this makes sense?

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    reeseko

reeseko Mano

Feb 22, 2020
    Reeseko
    Bandit
    Makes sense to me. I feel like HP washing is so daunting not only because it takes so long just to vote for enough resets, but because it never feels like enough. I feel like 9-10k base hp for a Shadower is enough because Meso G makes that 20k before other HP equips are considered. With HB you’re at 16k before Meso G which puts you at capped HP anyways.

BUT how can you not wash to 15k HP for the culture? I was just looking into the MP wash mess to see if there was a way to go back and wash more after you’ve hit your goal and wanted to start washing out the INT.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    LOL my Shadower (level 172) has 6.5K HP (with T10 and equips) and does perfectly fine for pretty much all bosses, so it's honestly not a big deal especially because of Meso Guard. I actually think it's pretty unnecessary to have that high of HP on a Shadower, but that's just me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    10:07 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I wouldn't say MP Washing is a must.
    But at least HP washing (having int base then using fresh AP into HP and reset MP to stats till u reach min MP) is the basic washing and it's a MUST.
    Old guides spreaded fake news about Shadowers that can only rely on MG but they didn't take future bosses that were introduced later on to ML into account (like NT bosses).
    Unless you plan on excluding yourself beforehand from most bosses then don't wash.
    For the matter if it helps: 185 Shadower with 9.3k HP clean can do almost all bosses without HB (BUT STILL MAY NEED HB FOR NAMELESS/TOAD)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    mp washing is a meme, i’ve had 4 base int my entire shad life and i can do every boss in the game without hb (7.5k~ hp), put ye hp washing is nice, but you don’t needa do something wild like 200base int especially if you have gear that’s just silly,. if u have no gear and plan on buying 0, put some points into int and uh don’t mp wash unles ya wana just be weak for forever, if u wana have 15k hp might as well do it on a useful character like a bm or nl lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'll just chime in add another shadower, I have around 7.2k hp and lightly wash with 100 base int after starting to wash at level 60 lol. Honestly a lot of my shad friends are unwashed and do perfectly fine at bosses, but I don't mind washing a little because I'm a pepega at bossing. I don't think mp washing is necessary if you want to play a shad but if you do then you'll be super tanky and that's not a bad thing!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Holp

Holp Master Chronos Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    5:07 PM
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    So I've done minimal washing starting at around level 155 with the excess MP I had with Zak/Scar helm along the way. Also got HTP at 155.
    This is the result.
    [​IMG]
    Every boss is do-able with HB (in the later levels). I wouldn't say it's a must to wash but it's a luxury.
    I don't recall having too many problems other than the occasional dispels which can be played around.
    I think the only reason you'd wanna MP wash is if you plan to play it for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. tobymcxs

tobymcxs Slime

Aug 9, 2020
    Shadower
    If you want to solo every boss on your own, youre gonna need around 13k hp. Not sure if its a worthwhile goal though. I’m starting to rethink my washing decisions.

i started washing at lvl 67. I pumped every level up point into Int until lvl 92. Once I hit 140 BASE int, I started to mp wash every lvl until 151. Gonna stop mp washing once I hit 165, and this will allow me to hit around 13k hp with Tier 10 ring.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I feel like that's not really worthwhile (being able to do every boss solo) because it's not fun at all but I guess everyone has their own playing styles and priorities SlimeCry

11. OP
    OP
    reeseko

reeseko Mano

Feb 22, 2020
    Reeseko
    Bandit
    I feel like people who plan on soloing bosses make HB mules anyways. I think I may stick to like 7-8k base then and let the HP equips put me over 9-10k and with MG that'll allow me to solo everything other than Toad without HB. I guess washing to 15k+ is just a ranged dps thing since they don't anything like MG to help them even with HB.

12. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    you can solo toad with around 7.5k hp and no hb as a shad

13. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    7:07 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    wonder how much it would cost to meso explode him

14. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:07 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Rough estimate based on blowing up crow and bigfoot I think around 55-60 mill for just the Toad if you don't drop bags bigger than 2k.

• Informative Informative x 3