1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffing Mage Single Target DPM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurk, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    8:05 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    What I fail to understand is why you think multimage attacker would be more of a problem. If you're going to be doing multiple clients on a mage might as well make that farming. Int gear comes at a price the buff being suggested isn't to put mages on par or even close to the rest of the attackers. My whole point is that even if you make 2 poverty mages you could also make 2 poverty attackers and perhaps even get better results on your poverty attackers. I don't see how this would result in any kind of additional balance issue.

2. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I mean sure but challenge is already confirmed coming so lets assume that's the norm. Who's to say this change has to occur before hp challenge.

3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:05 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Making a mage and getting it to a high level is magnitudes easier than doing it for an attacker.

4. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I completely agree with that statement but at the proposed buffed numbers we're still looking at ranged attackers being 50% stronger, i'm inclined to believe that if you spent an equal amount of time training both characters even if the mage is higher leveled your other attacker would still be significantly more effective. i'm also inclined to believe that low end int gear is likely to be more expensive than low end attacking gear so I don't necessarily think it's cheaper either. Also remembering the fact that you're better of multimage farming rather than multimage bossing so i doubt this would pose an additional issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:05 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    you really don't even need gear as a mage

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    8:05 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If you really like/want to play the class, then you would main it. If you are choosing what class to main based on how much damage it can churn out, then AM is definitely the wrong class for you. Not everyone's objective is to main a class based on micro and macro efficiency theoretics behind it. What an 'end' is is defined differently for each player. You can main a class despite it being sub optimal and it can still be viable to some degree so long as you invest a good amount in it(albeit not at an economical ROI).

IMO in Maple, the concept of every class is equal is whack af. Each class has its own niche, and serve some kind of use in different contents of the game (unless you are a hero, which is in a pretty sad state right now). I honestly do not think that mages are gated from any boss runs (aside from 4-5 man HT/Auf). You just need to play the game enough, be decently geared (1650+ tma) and know where to find bossing groups. I'm sure that there will be squads out there that might be willing to take mages in boss runs, and even more so if you have mules that are needed to clear the boss runs. If a mage main is struggling to find boss runs and doesn't want to make an attacker for duo attack or a mule for buffs/utility, then they shouldn't be crying and moaning about it on the forums.

7. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I guess we can agree to disagree. If we go by the logic of "If you really like it, play it" there's no real point in balancing anything. No matter how much you like a class, if it makes you feel left out and requires and tremendous amount of effort to barely scratch the surface of what's acceptable (Or not even) then I'd argue a lot of players would rather not play it (or play the game for that matter).

No one is stating that every class is or should be equal, that would definitely be no fun. Doing the bare minimum acceptable damage for mages in most content isn't every class being equal. The idea that you think a player who wants to main a mage should have a 2nd attacker or mules to validate their participation is something I really can't agree with.

Just as you said hero isn't in a good spot right now but why do anything about it since if you like it you should play it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    5:05 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Wasn't this a bug fix for the interaction of SI with mages?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    9:05 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    actually there's some classes better to do that than mages, for example shadowers and warriors, specially shad with how good their dmg is without gear plus their avoid and very long castime
    EDIT: okay someone already said that, but anyways, leveling multiple attackers on 7f and even leeching 3 at same time on 5~6 seems reasonable, mages still without any avoid/stance, not worth it long time

10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:05 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    shads are especially good for duo attacker but they still need some gear/washes to be the same as mages. if you can find some boss where kb isn't an issue or lets you stay afk kb in a wall you can farm that pretty easily provided it has good enough drops.

also helps that everyone starts out with like 4-8 mages too

11. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    9:05 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    From what I understood, even if the single target damage gets buffed, mages will still be weaker than the other jobs, and probably won't be recruited as much as another common attacker. It just gonna make it better for some niche bosses, and it's gonna raise it's value for those contents.
    And yeah, you can make tons of mages if you want. And maybe host PBs enough to join your mages if you want. But at this moment I can't see that as something scalable, it seems very limited to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    buff mages, or just buff IL that's fine too

this made me laugh, ain't no way in hell mages are achieving 1650 tma with "decent" gears unless they're 200 with echo and mw30

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Kiaraaa

Kiaraaa Chronos

Apr 5, 2018
    Female
    8:05 PM
    Kiaraaa
    Bishop
    Pasta
    I like the current state of mages & bishops teeheee OnionBlush

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    6:05 AM
    Corsair
    I knew mages had less single target DPM than other classes, but I had never seen the numbers. I'm in favor of a small buff. IMO class viability is a good thing.