1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribute to Skarmory: A Friend, Player, and Legend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vowels, May 1, 2023.

1. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    11:07 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    Dedicated to the steel bird,

SelquinSelquin I know you don’t like these cheese things and that this might feel like a funeral when we still have you alive in our guild server, but the truth is that it still feels like a big loss for a lot of us because this game was the medium through which we principally bonded. I'm not a very emotional person but you have got me worried and you have got many friends worried because we care about you.

When I met you, I was a bishop with 0 horntails in my name and I thought you were an asshole, but as we kept playing together and I got better I noticed that as much as you would criticize my mistakes you would recognize my improvements. We kept getting better and some of the runs that stuck with me were the ones we failed and you blamed yourself the most. I began to understand you better, yeah you came across as harsh at times, but you had the capacity of being fair-minded and objective and you were also willing to hold yourself to the same high standards you expected from others. This was pretty cool to witness and I wanted to earn your respect.

We have played together a bit more than 3 years and getting to know you was hard but also pretty rewarding, I want you to know that you have inspired me to do better, so thank you. Keep being true to yourself friend, you will get some haters, but those who truly want to understand and appreciate you will be inspired by your authenticity and feel a deep sense of admiration and loyalty.

Thank you for everything, Skar

Credits to beegorattobeegoratto for this video

[​IMG] Achievements [​IMG]

1. Absolute dominance of the Bowmaster class

• Highest BM HT dpm through the entirety of body phase

• Highest BM PB dpm 30 in statues & dpm 30 in body

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Extremely close to be the buccaneer with highest damage in the server

• HT dpm through the entirety of body phase

[​IMG]
    • PB statues dpm 30
    [​IMG]
    3. Owned a strong nightlord, but not exactly his passion project

4. Owned 6 bishops and multiple archmages

5. The most complete PB runner in terms of 'S tier setups'

6. One of the wealthiest players in the game

7. Leader of the Guild Pasta

8. Developed, solo and with Pasta, multiple strategies in HT and PB that are normal today

9. Developed, with Pasta, the strategies to clear PB with 18 man or less when everyone else doubted it was possible

10. Leader of the first squads that cleared 18~20 mans Pink Bean

11. Leader of the first squad that cleared 14 man Pink Bean

12. Never gear shared, never inherited gear, loan status: resolved

13. Being one of the funniest guys in the server

[​IMG] Publications [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Moving Forward [​IMG]

Although the loss of Skarmory has been difficult for us, the guild Pasta is ready to move forward. We will always cherish the memories we made together with Skarmory, but we also recognize the importance of growth and change. Pasta will continue to play and support each other, just as we did when Skar was with us. We will keep doing what Pasta does best and push the game to its limits until we achieve our goals or the server dies.

Skar you will always hold a special place in our hearts and in the history of the guild and MapleLegends.
    It was a blessing.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Friendly x 25
    • Like x 13
    • Great Work x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    7:07 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    ASAB

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    SelquinSelquin ur a funny react legend this ban is so messed up man pepehands

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    10:07 AM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    You may eradicate their bloodline ,but their flame never dies, the passage of wills, will continue for as long as that flame burns. -WhiteBeard

Undisputed greatest bowmaster
    Top 3 NL
    Best Geard Buccaneer
    Went out fighting to uphold the law ! The greatest maplelegends player to ever exist, Rest easy big dawg

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    SelquinSelquin this is probably lost on you due to your irreverence towards sentimentality but for what it's worth, I'm going to miss having you around. I'll forever be grateful to you for taking the time to teach me how to play Bowmaster and answering all my inane questions I'd bother you with on Discord, and a large part of the progress I've made in ML is thanks to your guidance.

I also just want to appreciate the humor you brought to the game; while some may not appreciate how abrasive you could be, I and many others appreciate the entertainment value you brought to the ML experience, and I can confidently say that you're probably the most fun person to run with in VC besides EdannEdann .

You have pushed boundaries in more ways than one, maybe some that shouldn't have been pushed, and should be proud for what you've accomplished and the impact on others and legacy you leave behind. Thanks for the memories fren.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    also this is literally me as well

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    I'm glad you appreciated this of him as well

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I can't say we were close but we did have a few back and forth messages in the never ending shadower discourse. I truly do admire the dedication and the work ethic shown in everything you did regarding the game. All the knowledge you offered and trends you set will forever remain present in Legends. You will definitely be missed, I'd be lying if i said i don't like your sense of humor.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Skarmory posts and insights changed my way of playing Old School Maplestory. His mentality and achievements made me seek better technics and skills.
    I’ve been a player of OSM since 2008, but only after getting in contact with his ideas i could see the game differently. My journey in MapleLegends was for sure much better and significant because of him. And that’s not subjective. Here is where he started the discussion that made MMs possible https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/buff-marksmen.27868/
    9EF5F813-7F54-453A-8CFE-B90739A446E8.jpeg
    I’m thankful for all the influence i had from the best Archer of OSMaplestory and for the fun times with his personality. I’m sure everyone who got to know him feels the same.

I hope staff reconsider this decision

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. questionask

questionask Orange Mushroom

May 30, 2021
    DM’D him on disc recently for HT Bucc tips after I saw his latest DPM, not expecting a reply. But lo and behold, he answered, and even recorded a run for me. Respect

• Like x 4
    • Great Work x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  11. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I also didnt like Skar when I first saw him. I thought he was a toxic guy, and we even had a beef in the past on PB DPM thread that should be lost somewhere in this forum.

After some years on server, I could learn that people just talk too much about what they don't know, and that happened with Skar. I could met him better AFTER our drama and he's definitely not this kind of person.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    To me, Skarmory has always been thought of as one of the best drivers for self-improvement in the game. It was nice to be playing in a part of a group that doesn't just clear content, but began using DPM's and meticulous testing to thrive in content, to act the the silver in the sieve, in order to push boundaries where ever possible. The game was to optimize, to figure out the theoretical limits, then to push past those limits anyways, and doing so in a like-minded community has been a grand experience. There continues to be that driving force in many of us around Skarmory, but there is sadness within the gap left behind. He will be missed on the server SlimeSad

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    Wolf
    Shadower
    @Skarmory your characters have excellent NX so I know you're a good person. Wish I got to meet ya. Take care!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    2:07 AM
    Guildless
    I never had any interactions with you, but keep your head held high king! End-game players that strive to develop new metas and push a game to it's breaking limit are important for the health and longevity the game.

Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur in illis

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. TTKirnk

TTKirnk Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    this post im about to make (i cant believe im gonna be saying this but PLEASE go easy on me for doing so) is, shockingly, unrelated to staff and is my own personal opinion and words. viewer discretion is advised.

i dont got much to say as the steel bird and i havent had many interactions, (and are acquaintances at best prolly) but that small pool of interactions have definitely been interesting and amusing at times. while i didnt always agree with the things, thoughts, and methods skarmory had chosen, in the end, i could always appreciate the honesty it usually came with. this is especially true when it was to your benefit, whether it was perceived like that or not. while its a small and cheesy thing, i still do appreciate how long i was kept on the pasta1 pb squad on my pally, despite never feeling worthy of being on that squad...to which id like to think skar had an influence for my stay but i could be just coping and be full of shit as far as i know. ignorance is bliss sometimes ya know? anyway, see you later space metal bird

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    9:07 AM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    Though I admittedly haven't had too many direct interactions with Skar, one thing I can agree with is that he had a deep willingness to share knowledge and tactics for players seeking to push the envelope in ML. Thanks for giving tons of detailed tips to me all the way back when I began my NL journey, and take care.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    It's always the people/things that make the game/forums remotely interesting that gets deleted...(Shiv,Skar,Funny React)

The one and only interaction I had with Skarmory is me getting roasted for my gear, but still funny nonetheless. I would totally be down for some Skarmory HT coaching/roasting if given the chance :)

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    10:07 PM
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    Legends goat rip

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:07 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Skarmory is easily the most influential player on ML, never afraid to experiment or fight for what he believed in. From dealing the death blow to the HT cartel to breaking the PB duopoly, he is a champion of lower prices as he labored to bring bossing drops to the layperson. He was also an early campaigner against RWT when they hid unbothered in plain sight. It was too bad along the way he became a target. Who knew the threat came from within.

I hope you stay within our circle, take care!

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. pharaoh

pharaoh Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    Radiologist
    Marksman
    Beaters