1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends ToS Community Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toon, Jul 8, 2023.

1. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    4:00 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Considering the topics discussed on this post. i'm proposing 5 polls based on the hot topics discussed there. Valid votes must include your forum and main character ign. Look the GLOSSARY in case you aren't aware what each article is about.

1-Article 3.3.3 (Comunity harassment) in MapleLegends should stay as it is?

2-Staff should call last line of ToS on harassment bans? (excluding 3.3.2)?

3-Bans under harssment should follow the 4th strike perma ban rule? (Not couting 3.3.2)?

4-Staff can apply new rules on their discretion before officially annoucing their change?

5-Hitting on someone you met on MapleLegends is sexual harssment?

GLOSSARY:
    Last line of ToS: Please note that the MapleLegends Staff has the right to use their discretion to ban you for any reason that they deem is abusive, disruptive, or otherwise has a negative impact on the server

a) Racial or ethnic harassment/discrimination
    b) Gender harassment/discrimination
    c) Religious harassment/discrimination
    d) Sexual orientation harassment/discrimination
    e) Sexual harassment

3.3.3 Community Harassment / Bullying
    Any repeated behavior towards a specific individual or group of individuals part of the MapleLegends community that results in the creation of a hostile environment for the player(s) will be considered a violation of this clause. A hostile environment is defined to be one that a reasonable and objective person would consider unwelcoming, unsafe, and causing reputational damage. This clause applies regardless of where said behavior occurs, including outside our platform, so long as the behavior causes repercussions to the player(s) either in-game or within the wider MapleLegends community.

MapeLlegends ToS
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-terms-of-service.50544/

[SPOILER/]

Please don't use this thread to discuss this topic. Only to get the links to vote. Keep the discussion on the main post

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    12:00 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Pretty sure this is not an accurate representation of the player base, as many of them do not use forum. But you do you.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Making an anology to the world law system, "the law does not assist who sleeps". The same can be reproduced to the absence of getting into community discussions.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  4. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Any vote not containning identifiable ign on forum or in game gonna be deleted

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    3:00 AM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I think the last one doesn't leave enough nuance. My take is that it would be harassment if the other party is explicitly told "no" and they do not stop.

6. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I mean, this is also an unofficial poll on the forum set up by a community member and is in that regard non-actionable.

7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    . (leaving a point to follow while I make my cheat meal)

8. AssamMilkTea

AssamMilkTea King Slime

Nov 28, 2020
    Vereinigte Staaten
    Milkerino
    Just do forum polls

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    forum post can be frauded by multi account

10. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:00 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I feel like most people wont want to directly expose their votes to the public on the forums. Theres a reason elections and any type of polling is done based on anonymity. It also ensure people are more honest with their responses as they wont have to be called out for it, unless they choose to explicitly reveal it.

Also the things you are polling + wording seems quite heavily biased, which would also affect the integrity of the results.

Even if we were to ignore the two issues above, the results of the poll arent really actionable. All it does is show discontent or approval to specific parts of the ToS and not really how to improve it. Taking example the 4 strike system not including harassment, we wont know if the result is due to them not liking the 4 strike system at all, whether its the inclusion of 3.3.3 thats the problem into the four strikes, or if they have a problem with how the harassment clause is currently worded.

^ All these points arent to invalidate you wanting to help consolidate the opinion of the community, but more so raise concerns about the data collecting process! I appreciate what you’re trying to do sincerely!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    12:00 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    How is this prevented in straw poll? Can't I just enter the name of a bunch of my friends? Or what if I enter an ign of all my mules or secondary accounts?

Sorry if this is obvious to other people, I'm not familiar with straw poll and how it works.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    3:00 PM
    since when does polling give a representative state of affairs? :)
    upload_2023-7-9_13-26-12.png
    upload_2023-7-9_13-26-35.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    9:00 AM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    I think your poll is mostly going to reach the people that are at a high risk already and will vote against the ToS for their own benefit. The majority of people doesnt care about the new changes or isnt suddenly insecure because they simply dont behave in ways that cause a risk of a ban and they know it. If it really was such a big deal, why arent more people outside a certain guild actively opposing it on the forums and discord?

14. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:00 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    because the majority doesn't read tos

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    lol.... I've been keeping myself out of this topic (mostly because my qualms have already been brought up) but I gotta say - how much animosity must you have to think only a "certain guild" is actively opposing the new ToS. From the original discussion thread, there are plenty of both old and new players from "outside a certain guild" that have argued against some of the changes made, albeit for different points/reasons. You should really keep that kind of snide, misinformed comment to yourself as it really doesn't help but show how narrow-minded and prejudiced you are.

Unless your objective was to spark controversy, in which case it worked! So let me ask you - why arent more people outside a certain guild/alliance actively defending the tos on the forums and discord?

PS skarmory :goat:

• Agree Agree x 2