1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccaneer nerf when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThuMay26, Sep 11, 2023.

1. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    12:30 PM
    Idk whats evade buccs. I'm talking about now. Why doesn't buccs have the same avoid formula as warriors?

2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:30 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    because Warrior in theory has a stance whenever he uses the skill (90%),
    avoid has to have a number "x" to be worth it, it wouldn't be cool for a warrior to reach that number (and before that number is irrelevant) besides for 1hand to have guardian

3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:30 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    avoid formula for buccs used to be 1.5 avoid per dex. I think he meant 999 avoid rather than 999 dex tho

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    That's vanilla formula? Sounds like it can be tweaked without giving any avoid to strength tho? Just remove the abusable portion without needing to buff normal bucc's avoid unnecessarily.

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    yea thats really vanilla formula. insane right LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    It is poor design I think they didnt expect people to abuse it as much. Muling is not as big a problem in the real OS maple.

But vanilla str for bucc gives zero avoid just like warriors right?

7. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    Main pointers:
    1) high efficiency uptime (like NLs) and same total wa as NLs, leading to equal apple priority
    2) low pot usage, some say lower than a shad with 800 avoid/shifter/shield.
    3) ez-wash, all u take is 1 year nx and yea 30k hp
    4) DPM, support, tankiness, iframe based avoid - all in one.
    5) Demo IED, PB 1500 wdef, HT wdef. No problem.

8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    yep str gave no avoid

I think there might have been one of those old pb videos with a bucc getting like 5 misses so idk if that was a dex build

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    9:30 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    IED actually only ignores innate Wdef. Wdef up skills (like the one casted by HT Left Arm) don't actually increase Wdef and function more like Physical Resist and still affect IED.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  10. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Still, after the boss/mob w.def increase changes IED has become significantly stronger than before which was, intended or not, a huge buff to buccs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Buccs also get 5% more mastery via super transformation as well. This class has so many buffs.

• Rework Avoid = 0.25 * DEX + 0.225 * STR (Summer 2020)
    [​IMG] Oak Barrel - Cooldown and failure chance of the skill has been completely removed for all levels (Halloween 2019)
    [​IMG] Oak Barrel - Duration of the skill has been increased from 30 seconds at max level to 100 seconds (Halloween 2019)
    [​IMG] Oak Barrel - Can no longer be dispelled. (Anniversary 2021)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - Delay between use completely removed (Valentine 2017)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - Stance chance has been increased from 50% to 90%. (Anniversary 2019)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - Meter fills 50% faster attacking bosses (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - Duration increased from 50 to 60 seconds (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] Energy Charge - No longer charge up from "miss" hits (Halloween 2022)
    [​IMG] Dragon Strike - Post-casting delay has been decreased to 200ms (Summer 2018)
    [​IMG] Barrage - Increased damage from 230% at max level to 280% (Anniversary 2019)
    [​IMG] Barrage - Post-casting delay has been decreased to 200ms (Summer 2018)
    [​IMG] Super Transform - Adds 5% passive weapon mastery starting at level 11 (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Transformation/Super Transformation - Cooldown reduced from 240 seconds to 180 seconds at maximum level. (Anniversary 2019)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Transformation/Super Transformation - Able to use normal skills during both transformation (Summer 2021)
    [​IMG] Demolition - Increased damage from 400% at max level to 460% (Anniversary 2019)
    [​IMG] Demolition - Post-casting delay has been decreased from 900ms to 400ms (Summer 2018)
    Old speed: https://kimberly.s-ul.eu/EC1NDjF8
    New speed: https://kimberly.s-ul.eu/wNexlK3V
    [​IMG] Snatch - The delay between casting have been removed (Summer 2018)
    [​IMG] Speed infusion - Casting range has been increased to match Sharp Eyes' range. (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] Time Leap - Casting range has been increased to match Sharp Eyes' range. (Halloween 2020)
    [​IMG] Time Leap - Requires energy to be fully charged, in order to be cast. (Halloween 2022)

• Informative x 5
    • Great Work x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Also not sure why people are implying that bucc is difficult or requires extra concentration to play well.
    • 2/3 of the time you in ST holding demo and have a ton of iframes. Triple macro demo takes over 6 seconds so you have plenty of time to do whatever you want on the side/chat to as many e-girls/e-boys as you want
    • When transformed buccs are literally ranged characters
    • If you just macro barrage + barrel, barrel canceling into any combo is extremely easy as well and also has a ton of iframes
    • When not transformed in many bosses you can use well timed dragon strikes (also essentially a ranged skill) to quickly charge bubble
    • In bubble you have stance (ez repositioning) and are still mostly in iframes when comboing
    • Barrage also will not cast if you are not in range so you will never be doing the "Im a shad and I dont know if im nate'ing air or not" dance
    In my opinion the most difficult boss to play well in is horntail and I find it significantly easier to play on my bucc than on my NLs.

I also find PB on my bucc to be generally easier vs on my NLs. Outside of some spooky seds every once in a while its almost impossible to die to body or bird DR with how slow buccs attack

To me it is pretty obvious that bucc is the most overtuned class in the game in its current state and I'm not sure why that is such a controversial opinion on this thread

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    For <literally any class> to achieve its highest possible dpm you need to be fully concentrated the entirety of the fight. (no netflix unless you're trying to do snail dmg)

I guess the only difference is when a bucc doesn't hold aggro well its very obvious but when attackers are lazy and don't put in reasonable effort into their dpm they can more or less get away with it. (1 in 5 runs may fail because of it but who cares right? Can always find someone else to blame). Anyways I don't want to derail this thread into a rant about PB and how it should be almost impossible for runs to fail

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    No for sure, just didn't want misinformation spreading making it sound even more broken tho

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    i believe the 1500 wdef of HT is insignificant to the wdef buff up. wait. we call out "DH pls" for that right?
    ps. i am your fan. ratcast pog.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Ignoring 1500 Wdef is still a decent DPM boost. If IED also ignored wdef up from Ht, that would be disgustingly broken.

17. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I remember when the bucc in OP's post whited a 195 NL on apple with perf claw in BGA.

Good times.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    7:30 AM
    can u guys not nerf buccs pls i want to make one later on tysm <3

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:30 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Even if the next 5 patches are bucc nerfs, it'll still be a valid choice to start making one now :")

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    1:30 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    u are cute bro id like to be ur friend irl