1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Share my discovery on GTOP/TTOP voting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T2Smile, Dec 11, 2023.

1. T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    10:16 PM
    This post is originaly part of my journals. Thanks to KrythanKrythan's suggestion that I make a seperate thread to discuss it.

My discovory: GTOP and TTOP only check's your ip address. If your device have ipv6 address, they check on your ipv6 address, if no ipv6 then they check on ipv4. Which makes multi-voting on the same device with same network connection (Wi-FI / Ethernet) possible. We just need to find a way to change device's ipv6 address conveniently. You can check your device's ipv6 address here.

Here's my hardcore solution based on changing IPV6 address of my ipad:
    Requirements for this method to work:
    1. You must be able to change your device's ipv6 address. In my case, my router is OpenWrt system, I checked on my router's control pannel under interface tabs inside the DHCPv6 Client sec, "IPv6-PD: xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::/56" confirmed I can allocate ipv6 address to my devices in my local network.
    2. You must find a way to be able to change your device's ipv6 address conveniently. In my case, I made sure SLAAC is disabled and DHCPv6 is enabled on my router. Because my router is Linux based system, I could ssh to my router and send command lines to router to change my device's ipv6 address. Here is my python code to do that.
      Code:
      import paramiko, random

def generate_ipv6_suffix():
          # Generate a random 8-character hexadecimal string
          hex_suffix = ''.join(random.choice('0123456789abcdef') for _ in range(4))

# Return the uppercase hexadecimal string
          return hex_suffix

ssh = paramiko.SSHClient()
      ssh.set_missing_host_key_policy(paramiko.AutoAddPolicy())
      try:
          ssh.connect('192.168.123.1', username='root')
          while True:
              print('Please press enter to grand a new random ipv6 address:')
              input()
              newipv6 = generate_ipv6_suffix()
              print(newipv6)
              newipv6 = f"'{newipv6}'"
              stdin, stdout, stderr = ssh.exec_command("uci set dhcp.@host[2].hostid=" + newipv6)
              stdin, stdout, stderr = ssh.exec_command('uci commit')
              stdin, stdout, stderr = ssh.exec_command('/sbin/reload_config')
      except KeyboardInterrupt:
          print('KeyboardInterrupt')
      except Exception as e:
          print(e)
      finally:
          ssh.close()
    3. Your device must be covenient enough to update the ipv6 address - either disable Wi-Fi and enable it to refresh ipv6 (On mobile devices or computers using Wi-Fi), or disable the net adapter and enable it (On ethernet cable connected device), or maybe unplug the net cable and plug it in (same trick like previous one). I've tried on windows, batch script can disable and enable net adapters with administration. But I don't like the solution since it requires admin, and my pc gets blue screen once while I test my code. My solution is using mobile device (an ipad) over ethernet device (my pc).

As you can see this method I'm using is not suitable for most people. But if you happen to be the small group of people that can try this out, I'm glad to share my solution in detail :D. Anyway here comes a demo of one attempt vote via my method.
    ipad_voting.gif
    ------------------------------------------

Edit: A update for my method.

I add a script for changing my ipad's ipv6 on my router.
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

# Generate a random 4-character string in hex format
    random_string=$(cat /dev/urandom | tr -dc '0-9a-f' | head -c 4)

# Set the hostid using uci with the generated random string
    uci set dhcp.@host[2].hostid="$random_string"

# Commit changes
    uci commit

# Reload the configuration
    /sbin/reload_config
    Then ceate a shortcut on my ipad to trigger the script via SSH:
    upload_2023-12-11_14-23-41.png

And then enable the AssistiveTouch by: Seetings->Accessibility->AssistiveTouch
    upload_2023-12-11_13-41-12.png

Next, go into "Costomise Top Level Menu", add a icon, modify it to the former ShortCuts I created.
    upload_2023-12-11_13-45-53.png

Finally, go back one layer, change Double-Tap or Long Press (or Single-Tap if you like) to the former Shortcuts I created.
    upload_2023-12-11_13-52-21.png

All settled!
    Now you can either click into the "White Spot" to run the shortcut, or though double-tap it.

Here's one of my voting attempt demo.
    ipad_voting_2.0.gif

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:16 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Alternatively, you can enable/disable airplane mode and have your IP reset in 5 seconds (when voting on mobile data on mobile devices) :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    That's what I do before I create my own method. It works fine when mobile data connection is OK. But for me, sometimes the poor data connection just make the whole voting time much longer than it should be, which is annoying.
    Sometimes I use mobile data voting. And infinate Loading....ing....ing.....ing.
    phone_voting.gif

4. OP
    OP
    T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    Btw a bonus: if using house wifi, ttop won't pop up human verification at all.

5. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Another alternative for changing IP using WiFi is through VPN.. if you have a Pixel phone or a Google one subscription, it's just as easy as turning airplane mode off and on again for voting to get through..
    This is what I do usually, and seems to have similar speed to on/off airplane mode..

• Like Like x 1
  6. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    5:16 AM
    Your usernames are exposed. Hopefully they’re just dummies, otherwise would suggest not showing them publicly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    5:16 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Did it skip captcha?
    If yes, how did you do it?

8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    2:16 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The annoying part of this is having to put in your pin when logging back in to ML

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    For TTOP, most times under Wi-Fi could skip captcha.
    For GTOP, never be able to skip.

I guess TTOP's captcha has black/white list? For home ip or relatively "clean" IP provided by some ISP could skip captcha, only ticking the checkbox is fine.

10. OP
    OP
    T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    Ty so much, now all ign are covered.

11. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    I don't need to tho, maybe it's a Pixel phone perk, but I just click the VPN by Google One button on and off exactly like Airplane mode and it works like a charm hehe
    It can even be faster if I time it right such that it loads the webpage while it connects to the VPN, whereas airplane mode has to wait for the internet to come back in.

12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    2:16 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Ooo on your phone, I meant if you do it on the computer you play ML on.