1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

10k or 14k hp as a bowmaster?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Myungsoo, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    4:16 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Hi,

So I'm not sure whether or not 14K is worth the wait, so I'm looking for some advice. My goal is to be able to kill every boss, however I wan't to be able to kill horntail comfortably, meaning I don't want to rely on Power Elixirs. I know that 14k means you can use 60% pots, but what are the alternatives if I want to go for 10-12k hp?

2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:16 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You can even use 40% pots even with 10k hp, so you don't have to worry about that. I would highly recommend going for roughly 13k if you plan on doing a lot of HT(which you should). This is because at ~13k hp you are able to tank 2 hits from HT without HB, which is an extremely important threshold. If you more details on specific HP thresholds refer to, https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/important-hp-thresholds.31698/

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I'm confused. I thought wings typically hit 8200. Doesn't that mean that you'll need more than 16k?

What pots can I use during what stages assuming I'm going for 13k hp?

4. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    7:16 PM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Im using honsters as a sair with 10.7k HP. Haven’t felt like I was ever in danger in horntail. Wish I washed a little more to survive verga without HB.

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I'm a 13.7k hp sair. I use hornsters too. When i don't have HB, I need to keep an eye on my HP incase my pet failed to pot twice in a row (This isn't bad if you are only playing on 1 client). When I have HB, i don't need to look at my hp at all.

Here's the way i feel, and I am sure that many other end game players share the same opinion. Most of us wish that we washed more, because even though a lot of us have washed enough, we just desire what we don't have. So in the end, you should just wash as much as you have the patience for, and accept that when you finally reach your goal, you will probably wish that you have hp washed even more.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Im finally starting to play my NL with the goal of just 8.1k hp because of irl time constraints. But i never considered pots. Am i fucked? Am i going to be using like elixirs at horntail? Jp much hp would you need for honsters?

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you have irl time constraints shouldn't you be able to wash even higher? Since you will have more NX by the time you reach a certain level. Less time to play = less progress on your character. But everyone gets the same amount of vote nx each day.

That being said, for NL potion use is not as big of a deal because the high avoid means that you don't need to use potions as much.

But, I would say its still likely you end up wishing you washed more because people just want what they don't have.

It's not so much that you are screwed, but more so that you will have to deal with an inconvenience that some people end up wishing they washed more to avoid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    The issue is mostly getting enough int. I dont have a bishop or time to level one to make enough dough to get the expensive int equips i would need to get like 300 int from equips.
    I cant just leech my NL with 300 base int because of no bish or dough to buy leech, also the nx required to wash it out would be horrible. My compromise then was to level my NL the casual way with 100 base int and 20 int from equips. With hp equips i can reach 8.1k hp which i thought would be enough. Thanks for your input, from what i understand i should not worry too much, considering im probably not going to be playing too much anyways.

Do you know which pots i will be using? Sorcerer?

9. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    11:16 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    I leveled my MM with 300 base int all the way to 120.. just go for card hunting i guess?

Its possible!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:16 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The wings will very rarely hit you, it only has touch damage and no magic attack. The magic attack from the heads is what you will be tanking most of the time, and they max out at roughly 6.5k damage when boosted by the wing.

I personally use 40% for everything(both mana and hp), but you can use honster for hp and ginseng for mp.

• Like Like x 1