1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Archer skill Dragon Breath

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Lidas, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    12:23 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Description of the bug: Its not always pushing the nearest monsters.
    What is supposed to happen?: push monsters close to you.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: when i got the skill
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): maybe the skill need to reset evey shot. (i know that with arrow rain it will try to hit the same monsters.)
    Extra information: now i have 4 monster hit on the skill. lets say if i shot at 5
    monsters it push 4 away. on the next shot it will hit the same monsters. so 1 is still close to me.

might be a problem for other skills like crossbowman iron arrow . or rush for warriors.

2. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    9:23 AM
    Bowmaster
    That's not a bug. It's not specified in the skill description that it's supposed to 'push monsters close to you', just that it knocks mobs back. There's two possibilities as to why this happens:
    1. Wizet/Neckson didn't properly code this ability and it's spaghetti
    2. Where you mention that it doesn't knock back the extra mob, I believe that's due to ping latency, i.e: When you hit a mob, you'll hit it instantly on your client, but the server will take a moment to process that you hit it and as a result, knock the mob back. Because the server takes time to process your attack, it still thinks the original 4 mobs you hit are still in the same place, so if you used dragon breath without delay, it'll think that dragon breath was hitting the same 4/5 mobs as their position hasn't been updated on the server yet. Try using dragon breath with a few seconds interval. (More likely to be this reason, or close to)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    12:23 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    1. just checked again in game. the problem is that it works like any other mob skill (if it can it will hit the same monsters).
    so it will hit the close ones in general, but will not reset in next shot.
    2. i think it cant be ping latency. cuz rush works fine (?). and i tried shot for 5 sec and still no change.

can this be fix? can some1 tell how iron arrow works(is it the same)?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  4. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    7:23 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Despite it being a minor nuisance, it's always been like that since old school GMS days. This is something I don't think the staff can fix, so you need to adapt to how you use Dragon Breath as a Bowmaster, because I wouldn't be spamming it when there's more than 4 mobs in range.

5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:23 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Many skills (for all jobs) auto target mobs that have most recently been aggro'd as opposed to other mobs. So if there are 5 mobs in Dragon Breath's AOE, it will select the 4 that you most recently hit (the ones hit with the previous Dragon breath). It has always worked like this in GMS and there is nothing the staff can do it about it unfortunately. You can use PKB as an alternative when this occurs because PKB has a much smaller AOE and is more likely to hit the mobs closest to you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    5:23 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Yeah it sucks how DB doesnt push back the 4 nearest mobs. I struggle with this problem pretty often too as I am slowly starting to come back into training (as a MM). Eventually you'll reach to a level with level 21 DB where you can push 6 mobs at all times. For now I guess you can can PKB -> DB -> stun -> hurricane combo =/