1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

'Bartol's Requests' Quest Should Be Repeatable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sepio61, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    2:57 AM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    I want this quest to be repeatable because completing it gives five coupons to warp between the Nautilus and Omega Sector using a portal in Kyrin's/Dr. Kim's office. Currently, this quest can only be completed once. After all five warp coupons are used, the portal can never be used again. The portal would be more useful if players could use it more than five times. Other quests such as those that give Orbis Rock Scrolls and Eos Rock Scrolls are repeatable after a certain amount of time has elapsed from completing those quests. My request would be one of the two following scenarios:

1. Have the quest be repeatable after a certain amount of time has elapsed like the Orbis Rock Scroll and Eos Rock Scroll quests.

2. Have the quest be repeatable after all five tickets have been used.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    12:57 AM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I've always wondered why the warp capsules were finite and thought about it extensively myself. A few thoughts:
    1. The capsule has a much, much more impactful effect compared to a tower rock scroll - it should be more difficult to obtain.
      • If the time-delay quest repeat function is applied, either:
        • the delay should be long (2+ days) with a small reward (1 or 2 capsules); or
        • the repeat quest should be tedious.
      • I do not think a capsule-usage based quest repeat function is a good idea.
    2. Better utilization of Omega Sector & its quests could be a nice result.
    3. Might also bring added value to Eos Rock Scrolls.
    4. Good way to soften the "tedious" portion of the game if balanced correctly.
    Overall, would love to see this as an addition!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The difference between short teleport scrolls, like Eos and Orbis scrolls, and a warp card is that a warp card is taking you from Victoria Island to Omega Sector - that is a LONG way. If you ration your 5 cards out right, you'll have completed all of the quests in Omega Sector that require travel to Victoria Island and NLC. Furthermore, if someone wanted to use a Teleport Rock from the Cash Shop, using warp cards will likely cut down the necessity of buying the VIP Teleport Rocks.

And before anyone mentions it, these shouldn't be compared to the Teleport Seeds to go from Ellinia to Leafre. Leafre is an end-game zone, but the best pots are always found in NLC. One of Neckson's good theories (as few as they come by) is that the seeds would be highly priced to keep noobs from trying to buy them, while also being a meso dump, but also keeping players from complaining about having to take boats to-and-from Victoria Island to Leafre. There's a STRONG reason to have Warp Seeds. What possible reason would there be to gather more than five warp cards to go to-and-from Nautilus to Omega Sector?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Well, lets break this down:

I agree with this. Hence why such an item should be neither easy to obtain nor quickly repeatable.

This logic could be applied anywhere. You don't need more than 20 Eos rock scrolls (or 40, since there are 2 quests you can do per day) to do what you need to do in Ludi/Omega Sector - why make it repeatable? Maybe because Omega Sector would be a ghost town otherwise (AKA, my point of further utilization of Omega Sector).

See first point. Obtaining the repeat warp capsules should be difficult and occasional, keeping VIP teleport rocks as the preferred option. Chances are, most people did NOT go through the entire quest line to receive the capsules in order to avoid using a VIP teleport. This shouldn't have been a concern in the first place.

You're right in that they should not be compared - but the reason is the opposite. Leafre's cheap (yes, 30k per seed is insanely cheap), instant, and generally OP teleport system has almost no warrant to exist. Yet, it does and it will continue to but not because of said theories (not sure where you found Neckson's explanation on their Teleport Seed theory). An end-game zone does not warrant a freebie (heck, if you want cheap pots, leave a mule there. Ask a friend. Go to the FM). The seeds are not highly priced at all. In-fact, they've always been much cheaper than Orbis rocks scrolls which are needed by poorer, lower level characters. And what the heck is the point of keeping noobs from using the Leafre Teleport Seed?

So this is a reasonable excuse now?

None of those reasons were strong; they're hardly an excuse to provide a cheap, quest-less teleport source between Leafre and Vic.

As it stands, Omega Sector is grossly underutilized and has almost no presence in the game. This could be a step to help change that.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  5. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    9:57 AM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    I don't feel like omega sector is underutilized. Eos scrolls already provide a fast way to go up and down and even with that people barely go there. There's nothing to do there, which is the true reason people don't bother. All this will do is provide a faster way to get to ludi/nath.

And is there any reason to implement that? Not really. There is enough world mobility already. I feel like a better argument could be made for removing the leafre portal, but that's a story for another day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    3:57 AM
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    Has anyone actually been to Omega Sector? I've heard tales about it, but nobody seems to have seen it themselves.

I think a repeatable quest (balanced however it ought to be) is merited.

7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I agree that Omega Sector is under used and that a renewable source of warp cards would help populate it. It will also allow level ~40 players to more easily access LPQ, so it will no longer be a commitment or gamble that a player has to make: "Should I try going all the way to Eos Tower to do LPQ? What if there is no one there? Nah I won't bother". If they know they can always get another warp card they might think "Might as well pop on over to see if people are LPQing", so I think this might increase the number of people in LPQ as well.

I think a repeatable quest that gives 2-3/day would be appropriate.

8. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    What about the Warp Capsules? (Not the cards) Aren’t these tradable? [​IMG]

9. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    They can only be used in Ludus Lake, so they don't really help with making Omega Sector more accessible to the rest of the world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Oh dear God...what have I started?

It is easy to obtain, though...it's called a VIP Teleport Rock - you can get them at the Cash Shop.

Well that's not true. You need at least 40 to complete all the quests that have you leave and re-enter Omega Sector, but you're failing to remember my first point - warping up and down Eos Tower is no big deal. Eos Tower is expansive! Being able to teleport through the tower reduces tedium. But going from Victoria Island to Ludus Lake on a repeatable basis? Just buy a VIP Teleport Rock.

Wait, are we talking Warp Capsules or Warp Cards? The Warp Capsules are only usable in Ludus Lake, and I've yet to go through all of my Capsules on my 12 characters - and they're all level 70-85. They're done with Omega Sector. I could gather the extras and sell them in FM if I wanted. As far Warp Cards, the first five cost you a Lemon. Use them wisely, and after that - buy a Teleport Rock.

30k for someone between levels 10-50...that's prohibitively expensive. By level 70 when you have business in Leafre, they're totally manageable. And this is where you begin to get rude simply because I don't agree with you, so this will be my last response to you on this thread. When you stop to think about it, going to and from Minar Forest to Victoria Island allows 4th Job players the ability to stay on one character and go from the end game content like grinding on Skeles in Leafre, to buying pots in NLC, to GPQ with your guildmates in Perion, to CWKPQ (which is not currently on this server) in NLC, to doing HTPQ in the Dragon Forest, so forth and so on. Waiting 21-26 minutes on boats to go back and forth would cut down on a player's willingness to travel. On the other hand, Omega Sector is for players of level 35-65, with the last quest to defeat Zeno. I don't know of many players who grind at Omega Sector to begin with. The players who I do see there are questers, and they manage just fine. Omega Sector is a ghost town because there's nothing to do there for very long.

21-26 minutes just to move from one place to the other...Yeah...that totally is.

If you think so...

It won't change anything. Use a Teleport Rock.

11. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    The quest is too pathetically easy for it to be repeatable. If we wanted to make those warp passes repeatable, we would need a brand new quest.

And knowing staff's opinion on adding new content, I think that will not happen. To quote staff "you are playing a nostalgic server". Out with the new. Sad!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Well, I guess it comes down to personal preference and whether you'd think Omega Sector is worth regular use/revisiting. I apologize for the aggressiveness of my previous response, but I earnestly did not find the explanation against this idea reasonable. My point against your Leafre argument was that lower level players have similar frustrations when deciding to go to Omega Sector. NLC pots are also useful for Lv20's and noobs join guilds and want to participate in GPQ too, but Omega Sector is so much further away compared to Leafre. Also, a new player is generally more strung on ways to spend NX and are less likely to have the NX to throw at VIP teleports, unlike higher level players who bank hundreds of thousands of vote NX. I continue the argument on the other points, but thought I'd clarify my position in a manner less aggressive - but instead more defensive for the lower level player.

13. FireMushroom

FireMushroom Horny Mushroom

Nov 28, 2016
    Once upon time, I shared some of the same thoughts being asked about in this thread and some of the comments too.

When the Nautilus 1st arrived in GMS the warp was in the captains room but I think it was still another patch or two before the quest with Bartol was put in. (I could be wrong on this, it might have just been that I was not paying attention and did not notice his quests right away also) And as soon as I saw the warp, I wondered where could it lead?

After actually getting some Warp cards the struggle then became when was the best time to use them? Back then there were many times when I almost wanted to break down and spend some of my limited Maple points to just buy a VIP Teleport rock so I could skip the boats. Because depending on the trip, traveling from Victoria to Omega Sector was a very long affair. Occasionally I was scared that I might get interrupted from playing or even disconnect during a flight. Which would mean needing to repeat the process and wait for the next one. So many trips I would run to make it in time, much like trying to rush to a bus in real life! That is how serious catching the boats were for me sometimes back then.

So getting back to the Warp, I often wondered if Neckson was planning to make it repeatable at some point but instead we eventually got the free warp at 6 path crossway. Which sounds like a good idea and it was loads faster but in reality kind of just ruined that part of the game for everybody. Since it was made so effortless.

I think of Omega Sector like one of those final frontier type of places. There usually is not a lot of people around and its similar to a Jr. expert area for noobs. (level 40ish range) Which is still a big deal Pre BB. If you do manage to see someone else then there is a good chance that they are at least strong enough to survive against alien attacks.

The point I was trying to get at is that those 5 Warp cards are pretty special. Maybe more so because they can have some use in both the early and late game for conveniences sake. The case can certainly be made for them to have a repeatable quest but this is one of the decisions I think Neckson got right in deciding to leave them as limited use. It helps to ease players into understanding the real value of certain items in the game.

I neither support nor oppose the suggestion itself though.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    That quest is meant to encourage newer players to explore other regions, just like Manji's Ariant quest.
    This quest is also incredibly easy. It takes 5 minutes to complete, less with the mobility of higher level players, and would rule out other transportation at that point in combination with Eos Tower scrolls. Which are also very easy to obtain. Would make the Ellinia-Orbis boat completely useless except for questing since the 5 minute boat from Orbis to Ludi is faster.

We do have a shortcut if you want to get to Ludi faster though- buy seeds from Leafre, warp to Leafre, boat to Orbis, boat to Ludi.

It's a great quest for the purpose it serves. Making it repeatable would screw other game content. You can only mess with the transportation here so much until it's simply a bunch of warps and nobody rides boats anymore

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

8:57 AM
    Please don't mix up custom content and new content.
    Your forum posts are getting increasingly frustrating.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    Yeah I was being a bit hyperbolic. But all custom content is not bad. Even if this is a "nostalgic" server. Make no mistake tho, making these passes obtainable by quests is not such a good idea. I'm fine with ships.

As for your last message: Can't please everybody. If I infuriate you because you do not like what I post there's nothing I can do about it. I'm just voicing my opinions and not actively being mean to anyone.

Yup. The quest is also a way to complete quickly the Victoria Island quests that ask for Orbis/Ludus Lake items. A quick back and forth, until you do not need to stay on Victoria anymore and start taking trips. It's fine as it is, and this comes from a quester.