1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff active party grinding and nerf leeching with afk timer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by goering, Aug 24, 2020.

1. goering

goering Slime

Aug 5, 2020
    2:23 AM
    goering
    Beginner
    Leeching is a blight on the server and most ways of buffing party grinding end up benefiting it, so why not double the party experience bonus (10% -> 20% duo, 15% -> 30% trio etc), but reduce exp gained if you haven't damaged a boss or killed anything in the past 30 seconds or minute by some percentage (40%? idk).

no, this wont eliminate leeching as people can stand up from their chair and kill something once a minute, but it would be annoying enough that many leechers would rather actually play the game instead

basically party grinding is social and fun and leeching is dumb and stupid and everyone hates seeing 9 smegas a minute for buying or selling leech

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    11:23 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Everyone on this server is ingrained with the fact that "it is unfair because people already abused these mechanics to hit x level," so it'll never happen. This has been brought up like 30x you can read through the comments in those threads it's the same nonsense every time.

Leeching = dumb as fuck and I say this as someone who has 2 mages and sell leech at 5-6 on the daily.

3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:23 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Would be nice, but I have no idea even it's possible to code exp distribution, like that, in technically.
    and this can be treated as former players "kicking ladder down" for newcomers.

I remember another pserver blocked leeching by, not giving exp for character which have 0 kill for more than few minutes.
    (except bish class. they had another logic to determine character is active/inactive).
    but this should've done when server opened up, not late-stage like today, I think.

4. OP
    OP
    goering

goering Slime

Aug 5, 2020
    goering
    Beginner
    people in the past have benefited from leeching but newcomers would get to benefit from the party exp buff

for what it's worth, I'm also a new player

5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I don't think you need to buff party training, just remove safe spots at common leech locations (staircase at gs, shelf at 5-6). 7F is a nice example. Maybe add wooden fishes to every map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    6:23 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I'm keen on the party buff, but you gotta also consider how this impacts the economy, and how accessible the game would be to new players. Not everyone has HS mules they can use to buff themselves while they train on another character.

Until you realise that safe spots can be man-made: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...f-como-proteger-seus-personagens-em-7f.33273/

7. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    A change like this would have a pretty big impact on HP washing I think. It’d be pretty hard to kill mobs with 200 base int which could give older players a pretty significant HP advantage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Imagine living in a world where you don't put int on a character and don't have to use some moronic mechanic to get HP to do basic bosses eksdee. Too bad it's too hard to implement damn.

9. OP
    OP
    goering

goering Slime

Aug 5, 2020
    goering
    Beginner
    what implications would this have for the economy? people selling leech would lose a big source of income, but maybe that's what is best overall for the game.

hp washing is a different topic and this is getting away from what I originally proposed, but maybe add alternative gear sources for HP or double/triple hp gained from scrolls to force classes that would normally need to wash to survive bosses to sacrifice some damage and scroll hp instead. that way, there would be a continuum where the better you area at avoiding getting hit, the less you would have to scroll hp (or in theory, I know there's unavoidable damage).

10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:23 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I think ML would wipe before implementing any of that. There's already a lot of HP options given in the server for non-washers that allow you to do all bosses excl. toad. Pet HP scrolls were an addition after CWK came out and there are guides that tell you which gear you can substitute for HP gear without losing damage.

11. OP
    OP
    goering

goering Slime

Aug 5, 2020
    goering
    Beginner
    classes needing to wash to different degrees is part of their identity and ranged would be even more busted if they didnt have to wash

12. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Nah this is just not true. It's just stupid that HT which is a boss that is unlocked to challenge at 155 does so much damage that you can not even hope to do it without washing. Just balance the game so that hp washing is not necessary and level up HP gets you to where you need to be to do bosses at whatever level they're supposed to be done. I'm not saying it's inherent that ranged classes should end lvl 200 with 30K hp, but ending lvl 200 at 5K hp without washing is just dumb. There is an intermediary it doesn't always have to be 5K HP at 200 or 30K HP at 200.

13. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    6:23 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Unintended consequences are a part of everything. it's Murphy's Law. What i mean by this statement is that we need to take a proactive, evidence-based approach to any suggestion because, for example off the top of my head the biggest implication is that the net gain of liquid mesos will be significantly reduced, thus affecting everything else that is economy based. I'm not an economist so take what i say with a grain of salt.

Can you drop a link to this guide because i can't seem to find anything.

14. OP
    OP
    goering

goering Slime

Aug 5, 2020
    goering
    Beginner
    I think it'd be good to have additional hp options in gearing, but removing the need to wash for ranged classes also removes one of the biggest benefits of being a melee class - not having to wash

15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:23 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  16. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    3:23 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    time for the good ol' meme

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    3:23 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Well if this change comes up, gubi cheap level packages.

18. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    12:23 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Get off the forums and go back to leeching you impoverished pepega kekW

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  19. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    Don't worry as someone who has blood washed from 3rd job with more than 400+ STR missing AND barely leeched at all, I can tell you its honestly fine :^)

20. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    poggers the 500th discussion on washing and leeching even though we all know nothing major like leeching/washing being completely removed will ever happen xD

• Agree Agree x 1