1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase the Drop Rate for Homunscullo Monster Cards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Annolis, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:53 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Over the time I've gotten 5 Deet and Roi cards on ten different characters, I make it a point to also kill the two Homunscullo that spawn typically right after it. In that course of time, I've only gotten four Homunscullo Monster Cards (1 on four characters, 0 on the other six). On average, I would estimate that I get 1 card for every 4 runs of all channels. With a total of two spawns on eight channels every hour - that's 16 mobs per hour - exacts 1 card for every 64 spawns. It would take one person 20 hours of constant game play to achieve five cards. If I'm doing my maths correctly, that would mean that if we had 1000 players who wanted to get those cards, it would take 2.3 years of game play for them to get it - if there was any competition for them. Why did I choose 1000 players? Well, when I look at the top 1000 players on the Rankings for Monster Cards, the 1000th player currently has 1346 Monster Cards. There's a lot of players who want that Tier 10 Ring. Yes, there are plenty more to choose from, but this one is a bit ridiculous. For those completionists, we're talking about a monumental waste of time waiting for those two mobs to spawn every hour, rush through all 8 channels (killing Deet and Roi over and over again just to prevent getting warped back to Magatia) and only getting 1 card every four hours. I don't believe any mob that has that low a spawn rate should have a drop rate that low.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    2:38 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Sorry but I think I'm going to have to disagree on this one. For completionists, they should be prepared to camp that map the whole day and they are usually free when server resets as people rush to other area bosses such as anegos, kachhu musha, dyle, kimera, dodo to name a few.

Many people skip this because of its respawn time which makes it relatively easier. I would argue kimera or dodo is even harder to complete because of how popular they are.

Edit: I personally took about 10-14days to finish Homunscullo and ~4 weeks for kimera with very limited camping, teleporting in whenever I could to check

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    11:53 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I personally felt like Homunscullo was easy peasy just like Rombots, Chief Grays, and those other friends of theirs.
    As someone who is often too busy to grind relentlessly, these gems are the few card sets I was able to enjoy in recent months.
    Camp the map for a day, maybe two while working on other things. If you're not busy but have multiple characters, just afk on one while grinding elsewhere on the other.
    Different sets require different strategies so there's something for everyone, and when you're a completionist you have to be versatile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    4:53 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I agree with the other posters. It didn't feel more rare than similar leveled "mini-boss" type cards when I camped for them. It would definitely be terrible to grind 5 cards on 10 characters so I don't envy your position, but higher level mobs have lower and lower drops rates and camping+long grinds is the name of the game for these cards

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    It's actually 12 characters. I'm just looking at the sample I've experienced. It's a large enough sample to have a significant level of confidence. While I understand the drop rate is lower as the mob levels get higher, I was able to get 5 Male Boss cards - a higher area boss mob - within an hour. The drop rate I've experienced, and even what others here who disagree with me have described, all indicates the Homunscillo has about 1/5 the drop rate of similar area bosses that spawns 1/30th the time. That makes this particular mob approximates 150 times more difficult than average. I'm not against difficult cards to get, but this one is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    10:53 PM
    Beginner
    Dr. Roy cards r super rare aswell... but i did finished the set by camping magatia for days.
    Its possible

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OdinSteinGuy

OdinSteinGuy Pink Teddy

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    11:53 PM
    OdinSteinGuy
    I/L Mage
    Hogwarts
    Between "Easy and possible" and "Hardly possible" there's a vast diff.. i agree with OP, there should be one rate of card drops for area mini-bosses (rombot, magatia has many of them, male boss etc.)

8. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:53 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Have to disagree as well. Had my share of fun hunting for it for 3 days, and even made some friends in the process. If you want easier cards you cold always try and hunt a different mob. This one ain't that hard to need a buff

9. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    That's just it. I have 5 D. Roy cards already. That took approximately 6 or 7 runs. Each channel, also, has 2 spawns per hour. Additionally, D. Roys are hunted for their quest item drop, making them a little bit more stiff on the competition, but, again, I got them in a reasonable amount of time. Transversely, if the drop rate for D. Roys and Homunscillos were the same, I wouldn't be posting this. So, the buff I'm calling for is to equal them to D. Roys.

10. Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    10:53 PM
    Beginner
    The thing is, u had ez time getting d.roy cards while i killed nearly 100 to complete this set, they refuse to drop any card... meanwhile iv already got homunscillos set cuz they dropped too fast, killed maybe 10 of them.
    the luck change from person to person, for example i was hunting sand dwarf, 1 hr and 0 cards... a week later i got 5 cards in 10 min. its really some rng, and i would guess the drop rate change from time to time from every monster, or the rng just super wierd

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I've had that experience with many different mobs, which is why I would never propose such a thing unless I've done a lot of grinding for them on multiple characters. I would wager that your experiences with both are abnormal. I've heard a few people complaining about D. Roy not dropping cards - so I steeled myself for the process and found it to be fairly nominal to what I would expect an area boss would drop. I also heard the same about Homunscillos, but I figured it was as overblown as the D. Roys were. I found this not to be true. You have done this with one character. Out of my 12 characters, only one has never gotten a Deet & Roi card, the rest have their sets of 5 with the exception of one char only has 4. In that time, they've all hunted the Homunscillos that follow - and only four characters have 1 card. That's a staggering difference to warrant - and a large enough sample size to justify - asking whether or not the drop rate for these cards is abnormally low.