1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase the drop rate of "rare" regular monsters, akin to Fairy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iara, Jul 31, 2018.

1. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    12:34 PM
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    The monster "Fairy" is considered a rare regular monster: Its stats aren't particularly high even tho it has actual dangerous skills. It spawns after some minutes of being defeated, and drops its monster cards with relative easy because of that.

Jr. Boogie is another "rare regular monster" who behaves exactly like Fairy. However, its monster card drops a lot more rarely. I am sure this is an oversight and not intended, since they are pretty much the same version (Also they all have 3 different versions of mobs, the same spell attacks and both of them have HP equal to low level monsters of their respective area).

My suggestion is to change the drop rate of the Monster Card of Jr. Boogie to match Fairy.

Not 100% related to this one, but still relevant: After the reduction of channels, did the monster card drop rate of Shade, Chief Gray, MT-09 and Rombot increase as well as others? I think they were forgotten, and would like to have a confirmation. But these are complains for another day.

EDIT: While we are on the same discussion, another "rare" monster is Jr. Lucida. Only summoned while fighting VS the area boss "Eliza". I think this one should have its card drop rate boosted as well to match "Fairy".

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    1:34 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Actually I think Kimmy did increase the drop rate of Boogies and Jr. Lucidias. You will probably get the 5 Jr. Lucidia cards long before the 5 Eliza cards. Boogies might have 1-2% drop rate right now, which isn't that hard at all if you are at Grave of Mushmom. I got all 5 in maybe an hour as a level 3x (an hour per set is perfectly reasonable).
    The mini-mini bosses like chief grey, MT-09, Rombot, etc have fairly high rates, maybe 20% in my experience. They are not that hard to get.

3. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    10:34 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    not all cards are meant to be easy, just saying.
    Jr boogie: go to zombie mush mom map, 2 spawns every 10-20secs
    Chief Gray: theres 3 maps that spawns 2 every time. thats a total of 6 per channel, 36 total chief grays
    MT-09: spawns 3 per ch, 27 total MT-09s and the spawntime is quick.
    Rombot: drop rate was increased and took me maybe 2 waves to complete.
    Shade: considered an anti bot mob, doesnt spawn except after Server restart.

not all cards are meant to be easy. its purely RNG, but these were told they got buffed.

4. OP
    OP
    iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    I am just mentioning this for consistency sake. Fairy is pretty easy to get, and its basically Jr Boogie but cuter. Why should Jr Bogie have a lower drop rate, when Fairy drops cards easily, and its the same as Jr Boogie?

I was mostly comparing Jr Boogie to Fairy in this case. Fairy is basically Jr Boogie, but spawns in easier-to-reach places. Yet her card drops easily. Why can't Jr Boogie share that same drop rate? I guess being in a boss room (and being used as "waiting" fodder) makes it an easier mob to farm. But I still prefer consistency.
    I thought Shade was a normal boss mob. Poof says it spawns every 3 hours?
    MT-09 and Chief Gray are far too rare for what the ydo. You say "spawtime is quick" but they have the same spawn as actual bosses such as Mano and Stumpy. Despite the fact you get 3 per channel, they still are difficult to obtain for what they are worth. Even getting Mushmom cards is easier. Biggest offender has to be MT-09 on this case. It basically behaves like a boss (Same with Rombot), yet its drop rate is pitiful.

This does not "make every card easy". It just makes them manageable. This is coming from someone really into monster cards. I just think the difficulty of farming these mobs does not add up.

5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    The spawn time for Rombot is a mere 20 minutes and MT-09 is a mere 30 or so minutes, less than any real mini-boss. And MT-09 as mentioned above has 3 per map. The current drop rate is appropriate in my opinion.

I agree in a sense, but think that the fairy drop rate should be lowered to match boogie. Having a card drop almost every time it's killed is ridiculous.

EDIT: spelling

6. OP
    OP
    iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    That could also work. Fairy could use a reduction on drop.
    Jr Lucida better be an exception on your rule tho. That one needs to stay on a high drop rate.

EDIT: You know what monster might need an actual drop rate reduction of card tho? Pinboom. They spawn like candy and are easy to farm for everyone. Why do they drop so many cards then?

7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Eliza summons about 6 at a time. Let's say you kill her fast enough that she only gets to summon them once. Eliza's card drop rate, as with other mini-bosses, is around 1 in 3 currently. So let's say you would need to kill 18 Eliza. That's 108 Jr.'s. I estimate their drop rate to be about 1 in 12 currently, so easily doable long before you finish Eliza.

And if you have poor RNG and do finish Eliza first, I think you can just keep poking Eliza and get her to summon more and more Jr.'s, and you should get the cards in no time.

8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I think Kimberly had stated in a previous post that she wanted certain spawns to be quick and easy - not sure as to her motivation, but...
    Quick drops are: Snails, Pinbooms, Trixters, Green Trixters, Blue/Yellow/Green Goblin King, and Fairies (from what I've experienced so far). I'm on my third run-through of the Red, Orange, and Yellow tab Monster Cards - using a White Knight, I/L Mage, and currently my Hermit - and so far the only annoying sets to get have been Seacles, Poison Poopas, and Nependeaths. I'll be trying Nependeaths shortly again since the time I reported that not all Nependeaths were dropping cards and I believe Kimberly fixed it, so...that might change. Seacles on my third go round was a lot kinder. I haven't done my 3rd go round for Poison Poopas yet, but all the swimming fishes in Aqua Road are annoying and wish they had the same drop rate as the flying monsters of Eos Tower - or at least slightly closer to the same drop rate.

There are a few maps that are quite frustrating because I try my best not to hunt monsters I already have 5 cards from. Along Aqua Road, Poopas only spawn in one map, but there's a few Scuba Pepe and Jr. Seals that may drop some cards for you while harvesting Poopa cards. Poison Poopas are only found in one location, but the map is crawling with Jr. Seals! The chances of getting extra Jr. Seal cards is high. There are strategies to deal with such things, though. As far as Jr. Boogies go, the Zombie Mushmom map is the best location and should be sought after first before getting too many Zombie Mushroom cards. Once you have the Jr. Boogies done, then you've got your head start on the Zombie Mushroom cards.

9. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    This is off-topic but why does everyone refer to the 3rd tab as the yellow tab? Am I just colour-blind? I call it the light green tab.

Nependeaths: only the auto-aggro mobs are dropping cards still (as per Poof.ml), BUT if you go to the hiddenstreet (Disposed flower garden), EVERY nep there is auto-aggro (and their drop rate is fairly decent). The same is true for the dark neps of course.

Poopa: They also have a hiddenstreet at the top of Ocean I.C. but it might actually be worse. I share your experiences with those specific aqua road mobs though.

Poison Poopa: you are probably aware but they do spawn on the freezer and sparker maps, but in lower quantity. So yea grinding in the Crystal Gorge is definitely "an experience" every card hunting has to go through haha

10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    It is a light green, but it's easier to call it yellow than differentiate light and dark green.

True on the Poison Poopas - that slipped my mind. But yes, I the spawn rate is so low it's barely worth it. I think I've tried harvesting the two Seal cards first before going after the Poison Poopas on the Jr. Seal map.

11. OP
    OP
    iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    I was just really focusing on the mobs on this thread lol. Poopas, Poison Poopa, Cico, Seacle and all that good stuff can be obtained with proper planning and pattern-following.

MT-09, Rombot and Chief Gray drop just TRASH tho, and they are basically area bosses at this point. Their cards should drop more easily. Killing them and channel-surfing for these small friends is just a big waste of time most of the time. Even Mano is more profitable. These should drop their card a bit more easily than they do now, in my honest opinion.

And this comes from someone who has almost all the copies of these mobs.

12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I will respectfully disagree with regards to the Cico & Seacles. After three runs, I've obtained 30 Cico Cards to 15 Seacle Cards. There is something off about these two mobs.

13. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Tier 10 Ring requires 300 sets. there are total 364 sets currently. theres 64 mobs you do not have to do. Not all cards are easy to obtain, or else the entire server would have tier 10 ring in less than a month.
    Try farming Gold giants at shaolin, and get your first card in 3hrs and finish total in 9. i did get like 50% exp+ from there. theres other things to focus on "changing" tbh then mob cards that really isnt an issue. not trying to be rude, but im sure GM's are aware of this, hence they are dealing with it too but still go through with them. At your level, those metaceons are good exp too ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1