1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Map Ownership and inturn dealing with AFK map holders

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GARRYtheGOON, Feb 1, 2021.

1. GARRYtheGOON

GARRYtheGOON Slime

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    11:27 AM
    Garry
    Bowman
    IDK if this has been suggested, and i havent found suggestions similar but, I was wondering if the ~mapowner function could, either along with showing the current time, or instead of it, have a countdown function. This function would show users the time left before a map can be claimed.

This suggestion would not inherently fix the issue of afk map holders, but make the random ultimate casts less rage inducing imo and easier to keep track of potential new maps (e.g. after surfing the channels and finding 3 afkers u could be like, ch3 has 2min left, ch5 has 4min and ch8 has 1min, therefore i shall wait in ch8).

- unrelated but could boss nx 1k/5k drops also be introduced?

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:27 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I personally think it's going to have the opposite effect. Holders will have an easier time making sure they don't miss the timeout.

Also, from my limited understanding, the timer resets everytime mapowner holder kills a mob. So even if you were trying to snipe a map from someone and am waiting to do so, it wont work if you enter a channel, check that it has 3 mins left, then suddenly the holder kills a mob, therefore it resets back to 5min left. All your timers for each channel will be rendered useless.

You have to remember to think about it from all perspectives. Yes, it will be helpful for people looking for a map, but it will also be alot easier for people holding the map. So what then will this actually solve if implemented?

What I've seen people do to look for a map is "accidentally" cast the moment they enter in hopes that they can claim mapowner immediately. Alternatively, what I've found also works is to just ask if you can chill in that map and channel for a bit and wait and see if/when they are leaving. You can make a few friends this way and you never know they might just be tired and want a break for a while thus freeing the map up for you to use.

Communication goes a long way.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:27 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think the requirement to hold mapowner should be changed from killing 1 monster to killing multiple over the course of several spawn waves.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    9:27 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Wasn't this implemented already at some point, but then de-implemented after a while?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    6:27 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Not expressing an opinion for or against this, but I don't see how it will make it easier for people to hold maps. People usually lose maps because they afk'd a little too long. If they are present and have the time to check the map timer, they also have the time to, and usually will, kill something anyways every time they check in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:27 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Yea it was changed for a bit, to show when the mapowner expired.

However, it led to:
    1. Hoggers having an easier time to consistently retain owner
    2. Encouraging sniping, because now you know when the map will be free

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    9:27 AM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  8. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:27 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I wonder what deranged person posted a whole thread about that and regretted it after KEKW