1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Book Completionist Lounge

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shinohara, May 7, 2018.

1. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    5:40 AM
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    Yup, I got all of King Slime. Also got Mano, Stumpy and some low level mobs while questing.

Say, do you know how to get max speed? Being slow is lame. My class is marksman so no haste too.

2. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    6:40 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    At your level it's basically impossible to get max without Haste, but you can buy speed potions in kerning that give +8 speed, and in Henesys you can buy shoes that give +3 speed that you can scroll for more. In 3rd job you will get a skill that gives +30 speed permanently if you really want it. Also a lot of high level crossbows will give speed too. This is probably the wrong thread to get more into this, so PM me if you have further questions.

3. DL4u

DL4u Pink Teddy

Mar 30, 2018
    Male
    12:40 PM
    DL4u
    Hermit
    Simplex
    Yesterday i was hunting for 5 Cards of Eagle swordsman
    took me over 4 hours :(

4. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I'm at 234 sets and Dark Yeti & Pepe is the hardest so far (Reindeer was close). Only a single map and there are only 4 of them dispersed around with slow spawn times. It's a good thing I love El Nath's BGM and background art MapleF15

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    11:40 AM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Can I join this thread even though I'm almost done with the ring? XD
    The card-hunting is so fun! but some cards are literally a nightmare :|

My status is tier 9 and 14 sets to finish the ring.
    And it is getting harder and harder to hunt those cards >_<

For the wild kargo problem, I got adviced to go top to bottom and cc. This is the only way I managed to get all those cards eventually.
    Also for some reason I feel like Mushroom shrine cards are more difficult compared to the cards at the same color (except male boss, it has 1 minute respawn and I got the purple set in a very short time)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I too think Kimmy gave the new Zipangu cards a lower drop rate. Took me ~1400 Cloud Foxes to get 5 cards, where other Orange Tab cards took me ~500 at most. Nothing wrong with this I think, as it helps to not dilute the value of the tier 10 ring as new cards are added.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    11:40 AM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Please let me know how long it took you to get them.
    If you have generally info about the cards from El-Nath dungeon starting from the yetis i'd be thankful.
    I didn't manage to get any of them so far :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I actually gave up on DY&P. No card after ~2 hours of killing them. It is a big hole in my book that I hate looking at. I will soon go back and get them. Other El nath mobs are all much easier though. Werewolves and Lycans have booster drop rates compared to other mobs their level. Zombies and flyeyes have big spawn rates and drop cards quick. Cerebes isn't too bad but have low spawn rates. Don't do Bains in El Nath, go to Zipangu to get them (either Armory or the cemetery).

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    3:40 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Anyone have any luck getting Big Cloud Fox cards to drop? I got all 5 Paper Lanterns, but no Big Cloud Fox cards. I even went to where the Nightghosts are, and I got one of those cards with no Big Cloud Fox cards. Something is amiss...

10. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Agree with DrJasonDrJason. I got both card sets at around the same time frame.

11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Was that recent or before the last patch?

12. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    My luck is just off then... =o(

14. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    So I just found my last Dark Yeti & Pepe card after over 4 hours of grinding (might be close to 5 but it was broken up over many days so hard to keep track). Definitely the hardest of the 319 sets I have collected so far, including Deep Buffoon which was a 'close' 2nd (~3 hours during x1.25 drop a couple weekends ago)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

To potentially help others in the future who want to hunt this card, this is my advice:

1) Don't do Dark Yeti or Dark Jr. Yeti beforehand. By the time I got 5 Dark y&p I had collected 14 Dark yeti cards and dozens of Dark Jr. Yeti (lost count, probably over 30) cards.

2) There are 4 main spawn points. One on the bottom floor, and one of each of the two platforms above it, and the last is at the top platform under the portal. They will respawn after a couple of minutes so don't wait around for them: change channels, kill all 4, and repeat. By the time you clear all the channels their respawn timers will be up.

3) You need to kill the other mobs too. Otherwise it will take longer for the Dark y&p to respawn.

4) Re-entering the FM will bring you to a random spawn point on the map. Use this to get to the top of the map quicker, to get the 4th spawn point. Otherwise if you climb up you risk slipping on the ice and get knocked down by the mobs on the small platforms.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm working on my T2 ring on my level 84 I/L mage. I finished the first page of cards and am working my way through Ariant. If you wanna come along or team up on card-hunting, please buddy me in-game! My username is Raindance.