1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mushroom Kingdom, anyone?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Almighty404, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Almighty404

Almighty404 Red Snail

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    11:28 PM
    Hi all!

I have been playing several versions of Maplestory for years, like most of you. Mostly GMS. One of my fondest memories of earlyish GMS was the fabled Mushroom Kingdom. Now, I know there has been some chatter about this awesome place in the forums, but sadly there hasn't been any definitive answer about its implementation.

I was wondering if we could see it in the very near future? Having it in the game will fill that level 30-36 void, it's not a big void, but it will give us an alternative leveling spot. It'll help us gear up for LPQ.

Over the years people on the forums have greatly welcomed the idea of the kingdom, however the main concern is the kingdom's great experience point yield, the quest line, along with the 2-3X exp multiplier will give a lot of exp. If that can be toned down a little bit then I believe it'll be a perfect addition to Legends. What do you say? Is it time to give a little love to the lower levels?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:28 PM
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    I think theres enough stuff to do till lpq though im not sure mush kingdom is viable for v62

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:28 PM
    Moderator Post
    The current place we are working on is the non-GMS version of Golden Temple. After that we look what we will tackle next. However, from what I heard from people before is that the quests from Mushroom Kingdom are incredible overpowered, but maybe I remember this wrong.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  4. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    9:28 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    iirc the quests could get you pretty much from 30-35 even with x1 quest exp. So yes it would be OP with x3 quest exp here on Legends. There was also a mini-PQ boss at the end that could be farmed for exp/drops that would also be OP imo.

The quest exp could be changed of course, but I actually don't think "Theme Dungeons" like Mushroom Kingdom belong in an old school v62 server. It doesn't match the aesthetic of the rest of the game at all. Of course I could just ignore it being there, but I think there is better content that could be added.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:28 PM
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    Thst ^

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shoebox

Shoebox Slime

Feb 6, 2017
    Female
    7:28 AM
    BluebeIl
    Ranger
    I really do have fond memories of Mushroom Kingdom, but in GMS it leveled you 30-35 easily with no multiplier. It might just be a bit overpowered for this server, imo.