1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravana Helm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bj, May 21, 2020.

Should the Ravana Helm be buffed?

1. Yes

54.3%
  2. Get out of here

45.7%
  1. bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    11:16 AM
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence
    Its a well known fact that Ravana Helm (0) isn't easy to obtain.

The 2 limits per day couple with daily quests to summon the boss for a 1/4 chance (Not sure of the if the rates are common for all helms) to get the helm if the boss drops a doll.

Currently it stands at,

STR: 18 (16 - 20)
    DEX: 18 (16 - 20)
    INT: 18 (16 - 20)
    LUK: 18 (16 - 20)
    HP: 60 (54 - 66)
    MP: 60 (54 - 66)
    Weapon Def: 100 (90 - 110)
    Magic Def: 100 (90 - 110)
    Accuracy: 10 (9 - 11)
    Avoidability: 10 (9 - 11)
    Speed: 5 (4 - 6)
    Jump: 2 (1 - 3)
    Number of Upgrades Available: 7

I understand that it is done to reduce the redundancy of Zakum helm and Scarlion helm.
    But like mentioned, this is the toughest helm to get and is highly luck dependant.

Just increasing the number of slots to 10 would give helm the potential to be the best inslot helm and provide additional end game "content". The unique item tag and luck will make perfect scrolling a challenge.

Plus, I have actually seen lower levels lobbying to kill the boss together! More content for everyone

2. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    7:31 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Isn't Ravana a much easier to kill boss than Zakum? If that's the case: No.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    1:31 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I believe Ravana Helm was given only 7 slots because they didn't want it to replace Zak/Scar as the end-game helm. It is much easier to obtain for lower level players and has higher base stats, which means it doesn't require as many expensive helm stat scrolls to make it equivalent to other helms.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence
    Yeah. But giving it 10 slots makes it end game worthy without taking its value to unfunded folks. And like mentioned it is actually really tough to get a helm (0) most people B> Zak service at LVL 50. (15m isn't a stretch to any new players at LVL 50 )

At LVL 80(?) Scarlion is basically afk for 30mins for a helm.

5. OP
    OP
    bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence
    It is way easier.

But are you taking into account that only 1 helm is obtainable a day. After which you have to do a quest to obtain an untradable etc ?

Unlike Zak where you can buy unlimited amount of EoF and looking at 1-4 (*2) helms per run.

6. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    7:31 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    We have scar, it shouldn't really be a replacement. But instead a nice addition. Sorry, I don't support this suggestion. But that's just one vote out of many :)

7. Sumilidon 25

Sumilidon 25 King Slime

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Kapcom
    Dragon Knight
    HOOD
    I don't support it. The boss is literally a snoozefest although you are correct the requirements are somewhat tedious but alas look at scar it's honestly obnoxious imho and it deserves to be where it stands as end game helm. Ravanna is fine being mid tier content.

8. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I have gotten the best helm once.. after 60+ ravanas... lol.

It is a snoozefest but the chance of that helm is ridiculously low. Even perfecting a scar helm is easier than this helm just because of the availability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    It's a snooze fest if you're strong enough to kill it. And if you're strong enough to kill it you probably already have a zhelm. So it's not really that useful.

10. boost3rr

boost3rr Slime

Dec 2, 2019
    10:31 PM
    zzz
    Thief
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence
    Currently it's more novelty then mid tier. It would just make it more relevant.

12. OP
    OP
    bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence

Gives strong players seeking perfect gears,
    Newer player an opportunity? to get good gear.

13. OP
    OP
    bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence
  14. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    I wouldn't change anything. The cost of time and potions in collecting the etc items, and killing the boss is a lot more efficient than killing scar. IMO, doing this is still better than scar'ing even considering the low chances of getting the helm. If you either prefer working on your own, or struggle in finding a duo partner, it is also a lot easier to solo ravanna than it is to solo scar.

At near max stats, ravanna helms are still an equal and comparable counterpart to the Scar helm despite it only having 7 slots.

upload_2020-5-21_10-55-40.png

The 3 slots lost from ravanna helm is compensated from the +3/+1 stat difference in each of STR/DEX/INT/LUK, the extra 40 HP, and the +5 speed. This difference could be more valuable as helmet scrolls for STR, LUK, and speed don't exist.

However, Scar helms may be better for those who only depend on two stats (such as STR and DEX) as those extra 3 slots can be put into dex. The extra avoid and accuracy may also make the scar helm preferable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    [​IMG]

I use mine for HP, this took 2nd try on ravana kek

• Like Like x 1
  16. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Untitled.png

none of these 32 helms are ravana helm (0) :(

lf> buff

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    1:31 PM
    Aside from the droprate of ravana helm 0, has anyone experience difficulties when doing boss runs for mini acc at rav?

With the recent aggro changes made, it seems like the aggro has affected the gameplay of getting rav helm negatively.

Pre-aggro change:
    Ravana aggro will only change when one person's damage exceeds another, causing the issue where ravana will randomly slide around the map which was the reason a change to boss aggro was suggested.
    This would also cause an issue where ranged chara takes the aggro of ravana and is unable to kb consistently, it would move towards the players even when there is other character that are able to kb the boss, the kb would not work properly and the skill rush would not work normally as well (the kb will only happen from time to time, same for the effect of rush and the effects are usually reduced and boss does not get knocked backed/pushed back as much).

Post-aggro change:
    Ravana's aggro seems to randomly switch around on all characters in the map (ie even if you DIDN'T hit Ravana, aggro could be on you), after every 10 sec or so, the aggro is switched around other chara then back to the chara that does the most dmg.
    This causes the random sliding to occur even when only 1 chara is hitting, kb and rush skill is similarly affected.
    kb is behaing in a weird manner as there are moments during the random aggro change onto the other chara where rav gets reduced kb/rush (similar to the pre-aggro change) and thus also experience the same sliding issue when aggro is onto another chara.
    Furthermore, there is an issue (unsure of the reason why) where ravana would randomly face left (while I'm on the right ofc) and start his magic attack even while being hit.

All these changes makes it such that getting a rav helm for other characters becomes incredibly hard and near impossible when random magic attack are casted. Hope this can be looked into...

PS: Does this have to do with boss change in general? I've noticed that pap is behaving differently as well. Even though it was more of a solo experience instead of one with a mule/mini, papulatus clock is constantly moving towards the attacker between the magic attacks which has never happened before.

18. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I've had this issue too with my MM, so i have to pin him to the right now :(

19. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    1:31 PM
    If you pin right, won't rav's attack still hit the mini/guy who wants helm?

Personally when i pin left and rav somehow turn and cast the magic, my chara on the far right will still get hit. Blue lightning iirc or the earthquake mid-map when he push me to the right when the kb are not working properly.

Another issue is that when rav is just summoned, you would have to pray that there is no magic attack during that timeframe...

Lastly, would rav not behave like pap and move towards you between the time casting magic attacks?

20. Asheesh

Asheesh Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    6:31 AM
    I feel like ravana should be looked at as a side gig since the boss is extremely easy (boring mechanics, if u can pin you can mostly keep your mules completely safe)
    Ravana helm is strong and end game worthy since it can actually have 20 in ALL stats not just 19 at highest in a particular stat like scarg helms.

as well as that rav helms are a lot friendlier when it comes to perfecting a helmet since you haven’t got to forfeit your old helm for a CHANCE at maybe passing some 30%.

obviously both Zak and scarg have a higher stat potential but you have to take a risk when trying to perfect one.

That being said a guild member I know has spent a good few months trying to find a decent helm.

I found one after 9 rav runs with this same guild member and scrolled it to 20 30 19 19 LOL