1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Romeo and Juliet PQ 71-85

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by firesarrow, Nov 16, 2018.

1. firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    4:50 PM
    MooncakeBear
    I/L Arch Mage, Sniper, Buccaneer
    Lucid
    Hi Kim!

This might be a bit of complaining on my end but the horus eye necklace requires 35 of each marble in the romeo and juliet pq, but according to the before-big-bang-hidden-street site the quest for "Yulete's Reward" says we need 25 of each marble.

https://bbb.hidden-street.net/quest/mu-lung-nihal-desert/yuletes-reward

Is it possible to make the number of marbles consistent with the number of marbles requested on the hidden-street-site-before-big bang which is 25 of each? Or possibly just lowering the number of marbles for the necklace? 100 pqs sounds a bit much.

Thank you! ^^

Attached Files:

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:50 AM
    Moderator Post
    bbb. is based of v92, so it's a good chance they reduced it later on. shotshot

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    MooncakeBear
    Lucid
    Thanks for your reply Kim. It was worth a shot

4. OP
    OP
    firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    MooncakeBear
    Lucid
    lol I'm writing here on MPQ again. :angelic:

Further thoughts and rant on MPQ or Magatia PQ as i call it:

For a pq that lasts for a minimum 30 minutes with an experienced party, (which is even longer than ludi pq that needs 35 pqs for glasses or elin pq which needs 50 pqs total for glittering earrings but only takes avg 10 to 15 minutes)100 pqs for the both the eye of horus necklace and the 3 rocks to scroll it is asking alot.

Especially since levels 71 to 85 are prime leeching levels at windraiders and wolf spiders.

So being one of those people, I'd say it would take 50 hours of straight, non-stop mpqs to even get anywhere close to 100 marbles. Plus doing extra pqs for more zenumist or alcadno marbles to help out your party members or add to your own marble stash.

The 4 people per party thing was part of the gms mpq, but it does make it difficult for potential pqers. I've had to refuse lot of people because we needed a mage or a theif.

Sidenote: Can we expand it to 5 or 6 people?

My friends and I try to do daily magatia pqs and I've done about 7 pqs total. It's incredibly difficult to find members because of the duration/exp gain and the mage and haste requirements. It makes 100 MPQs more improbable. :(

In conclusion, I like to change the necklace crafting marbles to 25, 20, or 15 (if im being hopeful) of each.

I believe the marbles for the rock of wisdom is reasonable.

For people that want to mpq. Add me. My ign is GumiCareBear or Mooncakebear but i will need to expand moons bl. ;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  5. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    6:50 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Hello!
    To answer your question about marbles, KimberlyKimberly is indeed correct- when MPQ was first introduced, you had to collect 35 of each marbles in order to obtain the pendant. Furthermore, because I coded this PQ with this specific version in mind, it made more sense to me to keep it true to the original version. But yes, Neckson did end up lowering the requirement to 25 of each and I could totally understand their reasoning's behind it. I do not want to guarantee anything as of yet, but we will continue on monitoring how the PQ runs and make any adjustments to it if necessary. :)

Regarding expanding to players more than 4, I'm afraid that is not possible due to the nature of how MPQ maps are designed. For example, there are only 4 doors present in JQ part and having more players mean they won't be able to access the JQ unless we create something very custom. And considering the goal with any PQs in Legends is to be as GMS like as possible, I simply don't think that will be an option for now.

Happy mapling!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    7:50 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Did our 2X exp rate not get factored in? I lost count of how many times I had to suicide in lpq for those glasses, and that was supposedly easier.

Actually, what even is the exp rate here for pq's?

Doesn't really even matter, you basically have to start at the beginning level, finish at the cap level, and enjoy no other content to obtain the pq rewards. Which really does devalue the work done on all of this extra content that Legeds features. Seems like a self stab in the foot

• Like Like x 1
  7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    In general is it x2 but many of the unpopular PQs were boosted beyond that. MPQ gave 210k EXP in GMS, so I think it would give 420k exp here, + exp from all of the mobs you kill during the PQ. I am not sure if it is even possible to do 100 MPQ's without dying from 71-85, even if you ONLY did MPQ for that entire level range (like ignoring the quest line that is also limited to 71-85 (another thing I am annoyed at)
    Requiring people to die in order to get a non-meta pendant is ridiculous to be honest. Maybe it is GMS-like but they had x1 exp so it was more reasonable to get all 100 of those PQs in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    For exp multiplier, I did not bother touching it beyond x1 just yet because I want to see how the PQ plays out first. Again, we will make changes accordingly based on the feedback, but expect it to be slow and progressive over time.

Unless people starts off the PQ at late level range (~80s), most people should not have to purposefully die to obtain the pendant. Considering you earn roughly 200k exp per run right now, you can do about 200 runs the best case scenario factoring exp you earn by mobs + other bonuses from 71-85. Of course, that's probably not gonna be the case for most players, and we are more than aware of it. However, most people still should be able to complete enough runs for receiving the pendant.

Also, because you earn Rock of Wisdom as part of PQ reward, majority of people should have enough rocks to scroll by the time they are eligible to receive the pendant, meaning I expect for people to run way less than 100 times to be completely done with the PQ.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    That's a good point.

None of my characters are within the level range so I haven't tried to do this PQ yet (it's one of my favourites though so I'll get a char to 71 soon to try it out). Is it busy? Are people actually doing it? 200k exp per run isn't a lot of incentive for all of the effort waiting for a party, let alone doing the 30min PQ. I fear people will do this PQ a couple times to test it out, then move on and never bother coming again (e.g. OPQ and LMPQ) because they think no one will be there.

Thanks a lot shot for adding this PQ btw! :heart:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    Hi gumi~

Personally I think the main issue here is not the high number of pqs needed for the Horus Eye, but the fact that the rocks of wisdom only have a chance of succeeding. By the time anyone does 70 pqs they will definitely be level 80, meaning they can easily get their hands on a Deputy Star which outclasses the Horus Eye by default. The only thing which makes the Horus Eye a viable alternative to a dep star is the hp boost from the rocks, so having that aspect be left up to chance despite the much greater time investment necessary to get the Horus Eye is really disheartening.

I think the 70 pqs would be much more worth it if the Rocks of Wisdom were changed to have a 100% success rate.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    MooncakeBear
    Lucid
    Hi Crayo

Thanks for pointing that out. Ive been looking at the necklace the entire time and havent even glanced at the rock of wisdom.

I agree with you. Increasing the rocks success rate to 100% would definitely make the extra pqs to get the rock worthwhile. Especially if the rocks success rate is the deciding factor for potential MPQers.

But I still choose to be selfish and say 25 of each marble would be more worthwhile for people that also want to leech at WR or WS for a few levels in addition to straight MPQing.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  12. OP
    OP
    firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    MooncakeBear
    Lucid
    Sorry everyone. After long 16 juliet pqs, 17 romeo pqs and with 10 crashes. I've decided not to magatia pq anymore because the necklace seems to impossible for the stats it gives. :(

I've been completely burnt out from doing mpq ever again. See you all in game :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Hi!
    I'm sorry to hear about crashes. Any chance you can elaborate where it crash and whether those have happened recently? Just trying to see if I can replicate and possibly fix it if I find the problem~

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:50 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I should confidently say that regardless of how things were back then, if you MPQ from 71-85 only, and still can't get the pendant/marbles without suiciding, then something is very wrong.

I do remember doing MPQ a lot back in GMS pre big bang days, but I just don't ever recall it taking an absolutely ridiculous amount of runs to fully upgrade the pendant.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    MooncakeBear
    Lucid
    Yes claps to that Lionheart. Thanks for your reply

First (without sounding like a broken record)

After talking with Crayo, healfriend and other mpqers. These are specific details we would like to see implemented:

1. Disconnecting dialogue boxes bugs and crash fix

2. 25 of each marble for the pendant

3. Rock of wisdom sucess rate increased from 60% to 100%

4. Shortening of the pq (lol i dont know if this one is even possible)perhaps by making the code the same in each room or shortening it to 5 platforms like post bb

5. Increase of the level range to level 95 perhaps?(same as the statement above, probably unlikely because kimmy would like to keep the pq as close to the pre big bang version)

6. Split the pendant into two and then combine the two? like the mpq in v 92? with a juliet and romeo pendant but with less stats of course.

Thank you very much for your understanding for any staff happened to be reading this.

Also hi shots thanks for your reply. I believe that Crayo would be the one to ask for specifics about the crashes. I believe she was the one disconnecting the most.

But from what I know its happens in 4 areas: the boss stage, the card stage, at the intial entry point and the stage where yuelete summons the monsters.
    It seems to happen in channel 1 more times than not.

During these stages, it would happen anywhere from intially entering the room to taking a few steps into the room and disconnecting.

Crayo tried turning the graphics down to and it seemed to work 75% of the time, but we still crashed occasionally.

Sometimes the whole party crashed at these stages and sometimes it was just one person.

Unfortunately that is all I know. I couldnt really pinpoint a specific location or moment.

I do remember one point where I was in the special lab stage where we get the files and I was changing the music with the @music command. I was able to change it successfully one pq but on the next one my client disconnected.

When I disconnected the dialogue box would still be opened but the box would be blank. I dont have a picture though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Suggestion has been partially accepted!
    For more information, please refer to the patch note.

• Like Like x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    MooncakeBear
    Lucid
    Yay Thank you so much shot!! Really appreciate it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    12:50 AM
    -
    Warrior
    -
    Can't we just increase the level cap for MPQ? Wouldn't that make things easier (in the sense that you won't need to kill yourself over and over)?

It's not like there are other pqs that are available beyond 80, or 90 or even 100 (except for ppq with lv100 cap i think).

I don't think I can understand the reasoning for keeping it between Lv71 - 85. Not much chance to do the pq before you over level. If you made the cap like 120, then people could just go back and do the pq for the rewards or the quests tied to it, or for fun or whatever, and they wouldn't need to worry about overleveling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    2:50 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I can't agree with this more!!!
    I really like this PQ, and yet even when it came out, it didn't get much attention.
    I'm really PQ oriented and I still only got to do this about 15 times at most (or whatever is required to finish the quests), and for around half a year I focused almost solely on MPQ whenever I logged on. I just had to let it go eventually.
    Extend the level cap to 100 or it might as well have never been released.

20. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I think improving MPQ discussed in this thread https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/ideas-for-making-mpq-better-and-more-popular.26025/ can also make it more viable and more popular.

As far as increasing the level cap, Yeah, I could see it going to 90 - but if it goes to 100, the PQ becomes too easy for those higher level players.