1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance July 16, 2018

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:10 AM
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on July 16, 2018 It will last approximately 1 hour. Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you can login and play!

Time:
    5 PM server time

What will be unavailable:
    • All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    • Merchants will be closed
    Changes and Updates:
    • The removal of Channel 9, 8, and 7*
    • The July 9 version checker will be activated. UPDATE YOUR FILES
    • Fixed a bug that caused vac bans at scar once summons got fixed
    • The drop rates from Monster Cards from mini bosses has been sharply increased
    • Monster Cards from bosses now can only drop up to 1 maximum, so explosive drop rates can be handled correctly (so it doesn't drop 5 at a time due to increased rates...)
    • Anti-botting mobs will now also have their message in chat when they respawn
    • A specific performance setting have been reverted. This is to test a theory. There may be a small delay now after you insert your password and login ID.
    *We get it, suddenly losing 3 channels is scary. Truth be told: We have way too many of them right now. This made leveling easier, this made bossing easier (Bigfoots, Anego), this made the game in general easier.

However, this also splits the community, similar as worlds. The more channels there are, the more separated people are from each other. When starting your adventure its very important to meet your first friends. If not, v0.62, especially our rates, is very boring.

The very easy solution to this is people just going to Channel 1 when they start their adventure, but that's not happening. People are usually shy from conversations, until someone else starts it first. If this doesn't happen, the person feels the server is empty, and usually quits because its boring.

Besides that its having impact on Party Quests. People feel Party Quests are incredible empty because they get to Kerning and see nobody. Truth is: They are all PQing! All the time when I was buffing the past weeks, usually there's 4+ parties inside (all in different channels), but people waiting doesn't see that. They see an empty map. Again, this has a general negative impact on activity on the server.

A v0.01 GMS-like server had a lot of negative feedback when they removed channel 3, but in end it was a huge win for them. Everyone suddenly saw each other again and the server looked more busy than ever. Of course we still have the mapowner system intact.

During the coming weeks we'll observe all the "busy" maps and see what still need to be altered and what not.

~Bosses~

A lot mentioned to me: If channels get reduced, boss timers should be as well. On first sight that's logical. However, with the lack of RNG (randomness) we have in our timers that just makes no sense and won't help at all. Basically, reducing the timer just makes it so the same people having "boss timers" have the same bosses more times, instead of more users.

If boss timers get reduced, I would probably throw even more RNG in the timers, so more people have access to said bosses, instead of 1 guild or team having boss timers.

Likewise we'll observe this after the changes as well.

~General map buffs~

We'll be observing everything we can with the reduced channels and see if we can buff maps to match or come closer to the 'meta' maps. This way there's less channels, but equal availability when it comes to grinding. Of course this takes time and patience, and we'll appreciate if you give this to us!

~Will it stay on 6 channels?~

We currently have no comment on this. Obviously we cannot see how busy things will be with 3 less channels, and this is something we need to observe. Personally I really do not want go back to 9 channels, and I don't think its need. Lower than 6? Would be a nice dream, but a very hard challenge.

~Feedback is appreciated~

I have said this since 2015, but constructive feedback (after trying the changes) are useful for us. Complaining and shitposting is not. If you've got feedback, ideas, or tips for us, let us know. We are really open to hear it!

Thank you for understanding and we hope you give the changes a chance, and give us suggestions on what to improve, instead of right away saying 'go back to 9 channels already!'

Sincerely,

MapleLegends Staff & Administration

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Voldy

Voldy Horny Mushroom

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    8:10 AM
    Night Lord
    I am happy and not happy this is happening.
    But I guess it's for a good reason.

I have a couple of questions-
    Will rare monsters/ anti botting monsters cards drop increase aswell?
    Will bosses chairs drop rate also increase?
    I know I wrote about it 1000 times, but what about the anti-botting mobs respawn?

3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    >Rare monsters

Not right now.

>Area bosses

Anti-botting bosses are area bosses, so yes.

>Will bosses chairs drop rate also increase?

No(t) (yet).

>I know I wrote about it 1000 times, but what about the anti-botting mobs respawn?

They already respawn and after maintenance should also have their spawn message. Whoops, let me add it in the patch notes.

4. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    1:10 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
  5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I know Kimmy keeps saying that the anti-bot bosses respawn, but I've never met anyone who has seen it happen. I'm always visiting/camping these maps and asking the people camping there, and no one has seen one other than right after a server restart/maintenance. If someone with first-hand experience can tell me I'm wrong, please do so!

I 100% approve of these changes, and I'm happy that you're increasing the card drop rate from area bosses to make up for the fewer channels. I too would like to see even fewer than 6 channels, but this is a good first step to see how it goes. I'm looking forward to non-meta maps becoming meta.

6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    10:10 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i can confirm, i sat my ass in a channel and waited for the anti mobs to spawn and it does not. if you reset the map (GM's cna do that), the boss will spawn.

7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    did you actually look or just looked at the chat?

8. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    When I check I look through the whole map, I don't even pay attention to the chat bar. I also kill a mob in each channel so that there's "room" for it to spawn (sometimes this is necessary)

EDIT: I've also camped in Shade for over 3 hours without it spawning. not 100% sure about the other bosses but again, no one can first-hand confirm.

9. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Maybe perma spawns dont work when its from same session... hm. Let me know if it still dont respawn after this maintenance.

10. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    ive entered the map, ive cced, ill re entered the map. no blue text and no spawn
    ive used the npc to kill and it doesnt spawn either, or die. the mobs dont spawn at all

11. Voldy

Voldy Horny Mushroom

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    I didn't want to say anything else cos i wrote many tickets about it,
    But i've camped in one of the anti-bosses map for more than 6 hours (a friend was sitting in there when i went afk),
    But the anti-botting mob never respawned.
    Didn't even check the blue message, it just didnt respawn.
    I also spoke with many other ppl, and none have ever seen them since the last server restart.
    Im pretty sure they are not respawning, but maybe Kimmy knows something we don't?

12. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
  13. Voldy

Voldy Horny Mushroom

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
  14. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    I recommend only having 1 channel, then we shall see who's pixel is worthy of surviving the nx fallout. Jk I just wanna fight RICEDUCKRICEDUCK :pinkbean:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    12:10 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    coke shield fix wen

• Like Like x 3
  16. Poogles

Poogles Slime

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Texas, U.S.
    12:10 AM
    Poogles, Poogies, Poogle, Poogie
    Dark Knight, Bishop, Night Lord, Shadower
    Guildless
    Just a question.

Since the primary motive behind the removal of channels is to bring players together, wouldn't 6 channels still be a bit too many? From my experience, it is rare to see other players at non-meta maps across 3 to 4 different channels, even.

What would be the downside in reducing the channels further (e.g. to 4), other than the complaints about limited number of mini-boss spawns / meta map spots?

17. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    See the ~Will it stay on 6 channels?~ section. Immediately removing that many channels is insane. When you have a goal to make the perfect balance you gotta take baby steps. Though, 3 channels is still quite a bit, its the minimum I want at least removed. Like mentioned we'll observe and try make more 'garbage' maps more useful, so the user base split between those maps, and slowly if possible with the user base we have right now we decide what the perfect channel balance would be.

This takes however time and patience, and we are already making tweaks as we speak, and did so over the past days. When the maintenance hits we'll most likely recap what have been changed so far.

In end however, I personally think less channels benefits over more channels where only 6 maps (meta maps) get used. If not for users, its for the server's performance, since less channels also mean less things need to be done on the server's end.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

6:10 AM
    What do the channel bars mean exactly? Yesterday they were almost all over like 80% filled around like 11pm ST lol

Edit: by what do they mean i mean what are they based on

19. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Channel bars are a bit iffy. They are based on the % someone is in a channel based on how many people we allow in the world right now, which is at the moment 850 iirc. This can be altered each restart at own will.

20. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

6:10 AM
    Oh oki thanks, it makes sense considering last night there were about just short of 600! I was shook when i saw ch3 and ch4 as filled as ch1(ch2 apparently isnt as popular MapleF3)