1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Junk Yard's Last Phase 1 Run

Discussion in 'Community' started by Annolis, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    4:38 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I'm now on character 12 of 12 doing the run up from level 70 to 85 with the objective of getting my Ellin Ring, a Tier 5 Ring, a Deputy Star, and whatever quests I can do before I reach 85. This means this is the last run I'll be doing for Red, Orange, and Yellow tab mobs to fill my stores with those particular etc drops. After this run, I'll be starting Phase 2 ... and I have no idea what that is - I have no plan at all. Just for those who are interested in grabbing whatever goodies may be on the way, here's what I've been doing each time.

Step 1: Ellin Ring Quest (any extra etcs I happen to get go in the Ludibrium store)
    Step 2: Red Tab (all get stored in the Victoria Island store)
    Step 3: Orange Tab - Victoria Island first, then Orbis, Aqua Road, Trixters, Ariant, and then Japan. (I may do China now that those cards are available, but Brown Teddy cards are collected later)
    Step 4: Yellow Tab - Orbis first, then Aqua Road, KFT, Ellin Forest, Ludi Tower, Eos Tower, Omega, Mu Lung, Ariant/Magatia, Victoria Island
    Step 5: Quests until level 80, then get Deputy Star (with the help of friends)
    Step 6: All other quests and MPQ until 85.

It's been over 2 years of collecting cards and I'm only approaching half way there...

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    11:38 AM
    cider.PNG

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    7:38 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I am surprised to hear that you haven't been doing your monster book cards and quests in parallel with all of your characters, perhaps that would be more boring but doubtless more efficient, especially on certain maps where you will find x10 cards for mob A before you get x5 cards for mob B or for kill X quests that you can do for all of your chars at once. Once you get all of your chars to a notable milestone (whether that's lv85 or lv100 or w/e) I would be really interested (and I am sure many others as well) in a blog-like post of your thoughts on getting each class to that milestone (favourite/worst classes, toughest to level, etc. as well as which part of the journey for each char you looked forward to most like a certain PQ or grinding a certain mob). Great work as always

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Well, as it turns out, already had around 700 quests completed when they all hit 3rd job, and Monster Book came out shortly thereafter. So, I already had all those quests done before I started collecting - that's why I turned around to sell the etc drops in The Junk Yard. The Ellin Ring, too, also came out shortly thereafter, and I always seem to pick up 0-4 cards of the mobs there while hunting/farming those mobs for the quest line. =o)

I do plan on giving a short blog post on which characters were my favorite/worst when I get my Crusader to 85. Spoiler Alert: My favorite was the I/L and the worst was my Marauder.

5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Once you are level 85 I believe you will be done with all of the max level content? (like how RnJ PQ is 71-85) I don't believe there are any other quests or PQ's with a max level after that, so no more dying to stay under a threshold :yay:

6. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Actually, that's the reason why I stopped at 85 initially. My WK and I/L were level 85, but Magatia PQ hadn't come out yet. Once it did, I made it a point to get those quests done immediately for all characters. There is only one quest left that concerns me for all my characters and that's Eliminating the Devoted in PPQ. But I'm sure I can get those taken care of when I'm 9x. =o)

7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Oh yes I forgot about the PPQ quests. yes that quest can take a while since you only have time to kill a few each run and most people aren't interested in doing it, but if you manage to make your own party with your chars you can grind it yourself. I grinded PPQ for days trying to get people to do that with me. Make sure the whole party focuses on the same mobs because they're thick boys and you only have 10 seconds to kill each one

8. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Very true. Of course, if you're a higher level you can tear through them quick. The first 10 seconds is just to prep, the second 10 seconds is a regular round, but the third 10 seconds creates spawns equal to the number of kills done in the previous round. So, once you are able to slaughter a bunch at a time it goes by much faster.

• Like Like x 1