1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Unfamiliar guide of HP washing for NightLoads living in ML world

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Cozy, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Cozy

Cozy Capt. Latanica

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Paju, Korea
    7:09 AM
    Cozy / Idol / Amour
    *NOTE : this guide is written under consideration like, "you already read another HP washing guides so have enough understanding for it"*

1. Introduction

I should apologize for my bad english, and truth that I wrote this in seriously drunken. so feel free to notify me if I wrote something wrong. since I'm not so good in english, i can't write everythings in "polite" terms and kindly, I must apologize for this. hope you guys get enough info to plan ur characters from this guide.

I saw so many newcomers recently and so many threads asking about hp washing, so I decided to spare my hours and share my experience. there'are so many guides for HP washing already, but I felt we need a guide "specialized for ML", and ye, that's what driven me to write this guide (and spare my time). I hope you guys get enough info on this guide. and would be really my honor if someone asks "HP washing guide plz" and other ppl link this thread. (this is my truth thinking <3)

2. things you should know before planning.

making HP washed chara, isn't easy work. I saw soooooooooooo many ppls (yes, so many...) planned like "i'll get OP HP" and give up in their journey. it was so sad to see, maybe that triggered me to write this guide. yes, this guide is not to teach you how2wash, but to how2plan. let me write somethings you should know before planning ur character.

0. HP washing over 5.6k is absolutely NOT NECESSARY. it's just nothing more than luxury for easier life.
    1. HP washing and getting OP HP isn't easy works.
    2. higher HP you aim, harder your path will be. (maybe, more than you expected)
    3. higher HP you get, your life will change dramatically.
    4. you can't get everythings in one shot. (means, OP HP, dpm, time, and laziness).
    5. funded situation (means, mesos) helps a lot. i can't tell it's necessary but also can't deny it helps a lot.

HP washing requires lots of nx, and mesos. You should treat "nx" as "time to vote", since basically nx isn't tradable in this server, and I totally agree and love it. Also, you may notice you can balance between nx and mesos after understanding this guide (and mesos can reduce time and pain to hit your goal. fking capitalism e.e). You can plan even like 30k base HP NL if you completely understood this guide, but what's the point if you need 5~6 years to actually play that character? It's nothing but stupidity. Remember, this guide is written to help you decide your choice balance between damage and HP, not making OP charas.

3. so what da fuq HP washing is? i'm noob. teach me plz.

HP washing is, invented to get more HP than ordinary ways. (like, lvling w/o any thinking about HP). this became kinda necessary when stupid mobs and dragon, skeles and Horntail got released. most of archers, and ranged classes got OHKOed by them and felt they need more HP than ordinary, but yes, we love to fap with our @dpm, so couldn't give up our damage for HP. I heard there's nice history related with tiger(?) in GMS for HP washing, but I'm from KMS. so idk a fk for him, so sorry for not writing his epic journey.

In short, HP washing can be described in one sentence
    YOU CAN TRANSFER YOUR MP INTO HP
    That's all. wow, easy. nobody care a fk for MP amount unless it hits 0. but yes, there's much more complex things inside HP washing, that's why I saw so many questions and guides related HP washing. ahaha
    (don't forget, she's drunken af now...)

4. OK, I decided to do HP washing. how much HP i should hit?

Sorry, sorry. there's no fixed answer for this question. (I have bad habit that I apologize for everythings in drunken...) yes. there's NO FIXED ANSWER FOR THIS. but there's some milestones. you may check this and decide your goal.
    Just make sure to understand this : Higher goal, Higher pain (and time).

4.8k - You can survive in HT if you got HB buff. but once HB get dispelled (or DK was too lazy to keep you HB), rip.
    5.6k - You can survive in HT w/o HB after killing leg and tail. still leg and tail requires HB.
    6.9k - You can get 11k+ HP with HB, means, huge safety for being 3hko for most of HT run.
    7.7k - You can survive in HT regardless of HB.
    8.0k - You can hug scarlion and targa body 3, regardless of HB, for the lulz.
    8.1k - You can do black crow, like a boss, regardless of HB. you won't die in one hit.
    11k - You can survive in HT w/o HB even after getting 2 hits after leg/tail. means, you reached being 3hko world.
    12k - You can hug BF regardless of HB, and ready to do PB (never happens L O L) if there's HB.
    12.5k - You can survive in anego the bitches slapping ur chick if you have HB.
    13.5k - You can beat me in the end Kappa

Also, i should mention difference between being 2hko and 3hko, and importance of HB.

let's assume there's 8k HP NL and 11k HP NL.
    8k HP NL has chance to die whenever he gets hit from HT for next hit. (deals 5.4k for max)
    11k HP NL has no any chance to die for her first getting hit since she can tank 2 hits w/o potting.

this makes huge difference in their bossing. (but fking BABO NEVER DIES Q.Q)

One more. there's chance of becoming HBless run from HB run suddenly, (cuz of DKs die/dcing). in this situation, your HP will change dramatically cuz of being HBless, and this can trigger "double potting for every hits", and this is real shit, since our stupid pets only use 1 pot per hit (sometimes 0!!). let me explain furthermore.

let's assume there is 5.6k HP BM getting HB, using ginger ales (75% HP/MP per pot).
    while he was getting HB, your HP would be approx 9k, and ginger ales heal 75% of it, which is enough amount for getting hit by 5.4k dmg. (HT after leg/tail)
    but once DK become ripppppp, his HP will be 5.6k once you ran out with HB, and it heals only 4.2k, which isn't enough for getting 5.4k dmg. means, he needs to pot twice for every hits, would be annoying af.

(to prevent this, NL may use cheese - heals 6k, thanks for alchemist. but this problem in inevitable for archers, and sairs, who can't heal 5.4k+ with ales. NL OP AF....)

in most of cases, to prevent double potting, you'll be ok with 7.2k HP. (for ginger ales).
    if you hope to save mesos using honster also hope to avoid double pot, you need 9k HP.
    would be remarkable HP milestones also.

or just farm power elixir and abuse it. *sigh*/

Means, Higher, better. (why not!?), but dont forget this : Higher, more painful. you MUST set ur balance between it.

5. You babbled too much shits. stfu and teach me how2wash.

sorry, but I should had to strike on those things, since I saw sooooo many ppls underestimated those things and planned which they can't afford, and giveup eventually. oh well, I think i've did it enough, so time to tell you how it works. basical theory is MP->HP, but there's so many things inside there.

You should know, it's basically MP->HP but you can't reduce your MP into 0. there's minimum MP for each lvls.

Thieves, Archers : 148 + 14 * LV.

you can't reduce your mp under that amount. if you need another jobs formula, search another guides. i'm lazy........ and that MP doesn't including MP bonus from gears, or HB. means, you should calc with pure base MP.
    so let's assume lv.100 Hermit has 3k MP.

148 + 14 * 100 = 1400 + 148 = 1548.
    That hermit has 3000 MP, so excessive MP is 3000 - 1548 = 1452.

means, that hermit can use 1452 MP to change into his HP. Now, you know how to calc Minimum MP, and may curioused how to get "much excessive MP", since you noticed "more MP means more potential HP".

5.1 How to get excessive MP

There's 2 ways (?!) of getting excessive MP.

- 5.1.1 Lvling up with INT

This method is already well known for ordinary HP washing method. so would be familiar for everyones who already read other guides for HP washing.

when you lvl, you'll get MP like this :
    14~16(random) + sum int/10

means, if you lvl with 270 int. (this is my case), you'll get MP with lvling, like
    14~16 + 27 = 41~43.

and your minimum MP related with your lvl, will increase +14. so in that case, she can get
    27~29 MP as excessive, which can be used for HP washing.

to get higher int, there's 2(+1) methods.
    1. raise base int. - this will reduce your main stat contributes on your damage. and AP reset also if you going to wash your int in future. but doesn't cost mesos. Also, you should think about "when to raise base int, and when to wash it out". putting base int is definitely, earlier, better. (even from lv.1). washing int is of course later, better. but holding base int for too many lvl range, will harm ur dmg for long time also, this is why you should set ur balance between it.
    2. use int gears - this won't harm your main stat so your damage will be OK while you use gears for grinding. but costs mesos to get INT gears.
    3. getting MW10/20 - this will boost your base int for 5% and 10%. optional if you can get those when you're about to lvl.
    Of course, you can mix up those methods.

- 5.1.2. MP washing

This is already known as "double washing". so this guide will just tell you how it works in ML.

MP washing can make you get extra MP using AP reset. I'll tell you how it works. for this, you need to know a formula :
    MP gaining when NL put 1 AP on his/her MP : 10 + base int/10

let's assume there's NL have 120 base int and +150 more from gears and MW. when she put 1 AP on her MP, she'll get MP like : 10 + 120/10 = 22. this method doesn't count gear int, and MW int.
    and after putting, she uses AP RESET like MP -> LUK. she'll lose 12 MP from it, so net gain is 10 MP, compared with putting LUK directly. so with this method, you can exaggerate your potential HP by force.

You may get confused like, "WTF, this uses AP RESET! expensive and unefficient! learn2calc!". now, you need to read 5.1.3

- 5.1.3 Comparison between INT lvling, and MP washing.

It's significant that MP washing requires AP reset to get extra MP. but would INT lvling too? depends on situation.
    If you put a base int to get extra MP, you'll need AP reset also in future to wash your int.
    If you did MP washing, you'll need AP RESET to regain ur lost main stat.

yes, putting base int isn't free. this also requires AP RESET. now, time to compare which is better.

Let's assume a Ranger who has 300 base int and lvl is 70.

1. He decided to put 1 more int. if he hold that 1 int ~200, he'll get 0.11MP/lvl (luckily he can get mw20 for every lvling), for 130 lvls, and need to wash out 1 int at lvl 200. so with 1 AP reset and effort to hit lvl.200 with 301 base int, he got 0.11 * 130 = 14.3 more MP.
    2. He knew MP washing and decided to do MP wash one time. he'll get net gain mp (10 + 300/10 - 12) for using 1 AP reset INSTANTLY, means, gets 28 more MP w/o lvling. FKING INSTANTLY.
    (Honestly, if you fully understood how it works, you may OK to call him fked up a lot. he should had to stop raising his base int at 160~180 or so and convert his path to MP washing......)

but method 5.1.2 requires certain base int. so, to compare which is better for you, you should check "how long you'll hold your base int", and "how much you have base int currently". but it's obvious that from certain point, MP washing overcomes INT lvling. this is remarkable thing if you planned to get super high HP for your NL. (poor Support....)

5.2. How to transfer MP into HP

Unfortunately, this isn't only one method. rip for our headache. but don't worry too much. it's not so complex like MP things above.

- 5.2.1 - Using AP point from lvling

This is known as basic "HP washing". method is simple.
    when you lvl, you'll get 5 AP points. pump 1 point to HP, and use AP reset, MP->LUK.
    in conclusion, HP+, MP-, LUK would be same with putting LUK directly. this method won't harm your DMG and you'll get HP like 16~20 (random) per point. this method is most efficient way to do HP washing.

- 5.2.2 - using AP RESET directly MP->HP

"YOU ALREADY SAID 5.2.1 IS BEST, I DON'T NEED THIS SHIT". yes. you're right. but AP point by getting from lvling, is limited. (only 5 points/lvl), and this would be needed if you have much more MP than you can deal with 5 points/lvl. in this method, you'll get exact 16 HP and lose 12 MP. (and if you did MP washing methods also, you'll probably, in short for AP point by lvling).

5.3. Overpumping HP and washing later

basically this isn't part of HP washing, but it's VERY USEFUL so i felt i should mention this. imagine if you're lvl.150 NL having 5.1k HP, and expecting you'll hit 5.5k HP at lvl 160. than you need to hit 160 otherwise you can't do HT. (HT team requires mostly 5.5k HP for ranged classes). and lvling in that lvl range is..... well known. sucks. In this case, you can pump ur HP earlier, join bossing instantly, and use AP RESET like MP -> main stat in future, when you lvl enough so got enough MP to wash it.

I strongly recommend this method if you're about to hit certain marginal points. since, every marginal points, change ur life dramatically. This method can be used also when your lvling speed is tooooo fast (ppl2pass...) so 5k/day nx income can't catch up your excessive MP rising.

But, make sure to check how many times you can wash from MP in future, and don't overpump HP overs it. You can calc easily how much stats you're missing, by using this formula.

Sum of stats (after 4th) = lvl*5 + 30.
    (+25 if job is 3th, +20 if job is beginner~2nd)

for example, there's stupid NL who did this method too much times. she has lvl.197, and have 4 str, 25 dex, 120 int, 674 luk for base stats. sum of her base stat is 823, and her sum should be 1015 if she didn't miss any stats. so she's still missing 192 stats, and need to put out 192 stats from her MP pool.

6. Conclusion

Again, this guide is written to help for ppl who hopes to get "much higher HP than others", to find and decide their path effectively, and efficiently. and this isn't necessary. honestly, 5.5k HP is enough to enjoy whole contents in ML and I only know one NL who can do actually HBless HT run except me, in whole server. but also can't deny higher HP makes things dramatically different, (like fk HB, fk DK, fk DK, fk DK......) also I REALLY HOPE, once you planned ur path and goal, calc how many AP RESETS will be required for it, and put 40~45 AP resets/month for ur income to measure how long it'll take. Make sure to check you can afford such long devoted pain and time, and once you decided, GO ON. when you arrived your goal, sweet life will wait you there :D

PS. all example-written failed/succeeded cases are happened, actually, around me. I dedicate this guide to them, with my heart.

Additional :

due to some ppl asked "is that numbers right?"....... below is case of "lvlup". Thanks a lot, NaviNavi !

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 12
  2. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    1:09 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    DKLIVESMATTER!

TEAM BABO!!!!!

3. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    a small place in a big planet
    Slime
    Beginner
    Flow
    Great guide Hui, I gotta say I laughed my ass off when I saw how you gave an example of 8k HP NL and 11k HP NL and referred to the 8k as a "he" and the 11k as a "she" (Babo VS Cozy) xD

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Cozy

Cozy Capt. Latanica

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Paju, Korea
    7:09 AM
    Cozy / Idol / Amour
    Wrong, Babo has much less HP than 8k, and that's why i admire him (plz, B>his death SS....)

I was thinking another NL friend. yes, those exampled ppls are ppls who "actually living in ML" ahaha.... (and that's why I decided to write this.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bok

Bok Timer

Jan 27, 2017
    6:09 AM
    NinjaBok
    My only question is how much INT it will take for me to hit 5.6k base HP at Lv.155. So many guides and people giving me conflicting information, now I don't know what to trust. One guide told me 20~24 HP per AP from level up, turns out we only get 16~20. So now I don't even trust the rest of the guide telling me I need just one Zak Helm and Dep Star at Lv.50 to wash and hit 5.6k base HP by Lv.155.

6. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    11:09 PM
    Defender
    Its simple math, you get 20-24 hp each wash, how many washes you need in total, with the base int you have.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Bok

Bok Timer

Jan 27, 2017
    NinjaBok
    I'm getting 16~20 HP per wash (I'm Lv.50 now) which is so different from what people keep telling me. Someone else also told me NLs get 16~20 HP per wash.

The issue isn't Math, it's reliability of information.

Plus job advancements give extra MP, and I don't even know what the default average HP of a NL at Lv.155 (without washing) is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    4:09 PM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    What if I do my laundry during the day? Can you tell me how to wash my day loads? Not just night loads?OnionSmart

Hohohoho!!

But yeah nice guide!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    6:09 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    now to make a guide on not getting banned TriHard

10. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    i think its because you gain 20-24hp upon leveling, but when you are washing, the conversions is 16-20hp.

11. Bok

Bok Timer

Jan 27, 2017
    NinjaBok
    Yes I eventually found that to be true after remaking my character. Unfortunately some guides (from Google) will tell you that you gain an average of 22 HP per wash.

12. omry shay

omry shay Red Snail

Mar 27, 2018
    Male
    no guild
    So as a NL (i have for now 37 int equips and 86 base int) should i keep upgrade int until 120 and get more equips (lvl 20 atm and will have 56 int eqips at lvl 50) if i am aiming to 6k-7k hp

13. Tenyn

Tenyn Horny Mushroom

May 8, 2017
    Male
    Kosmic
    Paladin
    Hogwarts
    This guide is quite old and since then many hp boosting items have been released (t10 ring gives 1k hp) (pet equip hp scrolls, etc) I believe if you're only aiming for 6-7k (at ht?) then you'll need way less than 120int total

14. kapach333

kapach333 Timer

Apr 22, 2016
    Male
    Kapach
    Assassin
    Muggles
    ok I have a lv 134 with 4.8k hp with gear. I didn't know about hp washing untill lv 90, and didnt have the gear and time to start then.
    I have like 46 base int right now. I'm working on Tier 10 ring ( tier 5 right now ), and on pet hp on 3 pets to raise my hp. 5.7k should be sufficient to HT right? ( As an end game goal).
    Do you have any more tips I could use?
    Thank you very much for making this guide! :)

15. redblueblur

redblueblur Brown Teddy

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    i think theres some others about ranged (sin/corsair/bm) hp washing methods/calculators but not sure where or if reliable.

Also i would like to wash to 18,750 hp by 155 but needa rough guide on when:
    1.to mp wash
    2.to use fresh AP for HP
    3.to use resetted AP for hp
    4. req NX (guessin 2m?)

I've seen the washing to infinity but its 30,000 hp

16. Precel

Precel Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    ThotzRUs
    1. Only if you can't reach target HP by your target level
    2. Fresh AP should always be used for washing
    3. Only if you can't reach target HP by your target level using fresh AP
    4. Use calculator https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/advanced-hp-wash-calculator-v0-41.16508/

17. Hyoon

Hyoon Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Dec 1, 2015
    1. Definitely need to do this, won't hit your target without it. Earlier the better, with high base INT (Formula for mp wash is [Base INT / 10] -2)
    2. Use it whenever you can, Most fresh AP should be appointed to mp washing (I would always aim to reach your base MP goal first)
    3. This is most likely the case, in most cases you'll be MP washing for atleast 30 levels assuming your base INT is somewhere near 300+
    4. Somewhere around there, so it'll definitely take time

Some other notes
    - To be able to do damage the best way is to reach your MP goal (Calculate base HP at 155, and how many washes you need to reach that goal, calculate using 16 HP gains for hp washing as this makes sure you reach your goal as adding fresh AP points gives random 16-20)
    - Hit your MP goal first, then wash out the points put into MP and INT. This allows you to have the potential to hit your HP goal, while allowing you to have full damage
    - Slowly reach towards your HP goal, theres no rush really (You can wash up to the point where you have enough for general bosses such as HT and such, but going beyond that is just luxury so no rush is needed)

My example
    [​IMG]

18. Selquin

Selquin Chronos

May 28, 2018
    Female
    Skarmory
    F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster
    Honor
    If you are going for 18k hp by 155, the required nx to fully finish washing and reset all int out should be in the neighborhood of ~4m. Of course you can mp wash up to the required amount of mp and reset your int, so its possible to have a playable character with potential to reach 18k hp with much less than 4m nx.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. redblueblur

redblueblur Brown Teddy

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Much appreciated!

O right, to be around 300+ Base INT, it'll be around lvl 65ish? since 25 goes to dex for 1st job advancement and assuming Str/Luk are resetted to 4.
    Hm so I guess ill hit the calculations in abit to check how much actual MP i will have gained from MP Washes alone from lvl 65~100. To check if it'll be sufficient for my goal of 16K+ naked HP - without HP gears (so approx 18,750 - ring -pet hp = somewhere around 16k+ region).

Thanks! Also im guessing u mean allowing to have full damage by lvl 155? cuz washing out all AP spent in MP and INT would only be done once mp goal is completed.

I'm not so sure i follow on the difference between the 2 method mentioned and why it'll cost lesser for the last part.
    - Im assuming req NX:4m is to be a fully functioning NL for bosses @lvl155 with Str/Int @ 4 and rest into Luk
    - and req NX: less than 4m is not a fully functioning NL for bosses @lvl155 w [email protected]/ some Int @ 200ish region? Ap all taken out of MP bar already? and the rest into Luk?

20. Selquin

Selquin Chronos

May 28, 2018
    Female
    Skarmory
    F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster
    Honor
    A completed MP wash does not leave any points in MP. What people will typically do is MP wash first. Once they have gotten enough MP for their future HP goals they will start taking out the base int. For example with less than 4m nx you can have base 4 int, no points in HP/MP, and enough extra mana to get to your HP goal later on. If you want to convert that extra mp to HP, you will need to HP wash with additional AP resets.

• Funny Funny x 1