1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Would love to see a better way to get from 120-135

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Camazotz, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    11:07 AM
    Camazotz, AoKuang, Heimdallr
    Dark Knight, Marksman, Shadower
    Caffeine
    Most of the levels in ML seem pretty smooth, but it comes to hard stop when you get to 120, with leeching being your only option for the most part. You could train at skeles with a bishop, but around 125 that becomes super slow too. Also, the bishop doesn't gain anything from this so finding one can be hard.

I should add it's pretty awful getting from 110-120 as well, but the leech is significantly cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Actually duoing with a bishop increases their exp. I do agree the leveling from 120 to 135 is very slow. There are places you can grind, it's kind of a suck up and slog through it right now. I would not mind an additional leveling area to be added. ToT, leafre, and shaolin are your best bets right now. They take a while to kill because dps isn't super high in those levels so you're still looking at a slow grind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    5:07 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    CDs is still okay-ish for some classes lvl120-125. After that it does drop off unless you're an INTsair or whatever, which means there's no alternative to CDs with birb gen until you wash out.

Anyways, I'd fully support more variety in leveling in that lvl range. I'd argue lvl135+ could use some too tho, something that's not bossing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    8:07 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I don't really see a solution to this because for single target classes (BM, NL, sair), even at 16X+, single target eph maxes out at like 20m eph solo. You would need some really good new mobbing skill to try to beat that, but only mage and warrior have access to that.

There's no map buff I can think of that would make level 120-135 comparable to leech (20m+ eph).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    120s were awful even as a shad. Best bet atm would probably be finding an FP mage to poison train with (~25m eph), which was what I did until I could cleave hit 4 targets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Fastest exp available 115+ is Forest of Towers with a F/P. Should net roughly 28-32mil exp/hr and is best done with fast, mobile classes like Outlaw/Hermit/Priest and continues to be an option well into 14x. I regret leeching 117-120, it's probably the only tainted mark on my Corsair, otherwise he's entirely trained. It's doable to only train your ranged character, just awful in every way unless you can actually find a F/P.

There should be other options though, as you need a PhD in degenerate mapling to understand how to do this stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm hoping this or another party quest could be released to make these levels easier for attackers. Alternatively, maybe a questline could be buffed?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yoral

Yoral Slime

Nov 22, 2020
    Male
    Yoral
    Page
    If I have to grind at CDs even at 120, after reaching 120 in CDs, I swear to god I'm quitting. After I take you all down with me.
    efd.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    If you have friends*, you can try to run 2x pap (exp at 120), 2x rav (exp 115) a day. If you duo, you should net roughly 20-30% a day from maybe ~30-40 minutes depending on who's carrying you

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    12:07 PM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    One thing from r*yals that seemed pretty cool(I've seen on YT only) is their ellin forest version for higher lvls with the addition of ephenia and chao bosses, I'm not sure if they're available on legends version but if they are it would be pretty nice to have them for some free exp past lvl 100.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    10:07 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    I think 120-135 being the drag that it is makes me support the previous idea of being able to summon bosses like Anego, BF, and others in a special map as a way to gain EXP. Maybe you add a variety of bosses but are limited to two entries per day and two entries of the same boss per week or something along those lines (a lot of the bosses with long spawn timers, so Anego, BF, HH, Tengu, Samurai, Pianus, Spirit of Rock: just remove their equips, chairs, and the like but make them EXP farmable). It is unfortunate that these levels are pretty much just leeching (whether at Shaolin or Rav/Pap).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Ellin forest maps got overhauled with the current patch and a later-version Ellin forest map which apparently has a portal which should lead to Chao were added, so it's definitely not off the table.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Personally I did himes from 120 to 125 which was roughly 1 lvl every 2 hours and then I moved to petris once I could comfortably 3 hit them. Now I'm 129, can 2 hit them like 90% of the time and get roughly 1 lvl every 2:50h. Sure it's grindy and maybe a bit slower than leech (since I only do like 16.5m exp/h) but definitely not by a noticable margin. For me those levels from 100-135 were always grind levels and since you hit 4th job during that time and get access to new skills and such it's bearable imo.
    Should maybe add that this leveling experience differs from job to job but for me as someone who mainly plays warrior (hero and dark knight) it doesn't seem too bad.

15. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Yeah the problem is that only cleave and mage has good leveling curve because the maps are balanced towards those strategies. Using hurricane on my 167 BM at petri/skele/5-6/ToT barely nets me 20m eph w/o HS the last I checked. This is sort of the cap for single target. At level 110-130, the cap is probably closer to 10m and requires a party with HS. Low-level bossing is really the only option here. And the current meta maps for cleave are mobs with great exp/hr, but also have incredibly good spawn and high density.

The only "solution" might be a low density, extremely high exp/hp mob, that cannot be cleaved (think tauromacis on steroids without the cold eyes). I never played v62 GMS or later, so idk if there are such maps in existence already.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    11:07 PM
    for bishops from 12x to 135, pls go to jonin ninto map. thats the meta map for solo farming bish.
    learn how to use the platforms to kite the nintos and u will never get hit.

or just go leech ur hb/mu mules and/or attackers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    190-200 is far worst and welp there is a reason why people call the server "LeechLegends" wink wink.
    Now the reason why this may be a thing is that you may not have enough skill points to use your 4th job efficiently. 4th job power increase is huge and unless you are a mage your lv ups may be a bit harder on low SP:

Warriors: gotta gett brandish/combo, zerk, and hammer points to get faster levels
    Pirate: Bucc will never ever get enough SP and Sair needs the ship and some torpedos
    Thieves: Boomerang stinks at low level, NL is just bad at grinding
    Bowmen: Kinda sucky at grinding too, perhaps MM has a better grinding once you get some piercing

This also may happen on other early jobs but 4th is wort due to the exp ramp up

• Agree Agree x 2