1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making HP Washing Truly Optional - a Solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 25, 2021.

Do you think implementing this system would be good for the future of MapleLegends?

1. Yes

250 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Maybe

30 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. jusin

jusin Red Snail

Apr 18, 2021
    Male
    7:27 PM
    jusin
    Thief
    I’m really happy this idea has gained so much traction. An enjoyable early-mid game means a ton to me in terms of pure enjoyment and nostalgia.

It’s been an absolute blast as sin funded with ~50M (you couldn’t get 20LUK robes for 20M in good old days), carrying people through PQs and 1-2 hitting tough monsters.

My 4int sin is only lv42, but I’ve had so much fun so far that I’m content with my decision to play it the “natural” way.

Note: I read the main hp/mp wash guides on these forums multiple times so I understand that I’m biting a future bullet with my decision to be unwashed if I manage to even get that far (unless this thread comes true!)

• Friendly Friendly x 9
  2. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    4:27 PM
    On the bookshelf of 5-6.

Edit: nvm jolly mentioned it already :(

3. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    8:27 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Yeah, you got the point. There are many people that don't want to work in a game!
    And you also said that there are players agreeing that this system isn't the best, so why can't we suggest/discuss something better?
    Sometimes I feel like there are a good number of old players wanting to play the server with their groups of 6 people (or maybe 25), as if the server did not depend on new active players.
    We need to think and act as a community that wants to grow, and it's a fact that this hp wash thing makes countless players stop playing, so we must figure out something good urgently, lol

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  4. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    8:27 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I really liked the suggestion and i kinda think that it is necessary for the server but might need some tweaks.
    It looks unfair with people who have leeched their asses up to high levels. At the same time, i think that it would be more simple if, instead of max hp for a level threshold, ea class have a max mp to get from the daily’s. This way, new players can benefit from quest washing, intlords and non washed level 200 equally. It’s going to take effort anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Kaeli

Kaeli Mano

Dec 15, 2020
    Female
    sauce (lost)
    1:27 AM
    Kaeli
    Ranger
    Asura
    Just @ me next time lmao

Okay so let's agree that the point made earlier, that bloodwashing in this game could be similar to where in other games, you sacrifice attack stat armour in favour for defensive ones. In this case, HP instead of your maximum potential damage.

So if you wanted both defense and attack, you'd have to work extra hard on it because you can't have everything.

That brings me to Sku's suggestion. HP washing would be way less talked about if the process wasn't annoying. Many months of voting, many mesos to leeching, not being able to fully enjoy playing your character because your damage is crap and you can't level by yourself. But Sku's suggestion takes HP washing in another light, it's being put as a goal to work towards, instead of a chore you have to remind yourself to do. You complete the quest, you get the immediate reward, and continue actually working for the bonus (the HP) next to keeping your damage.
    EDIT: Plus! It adds a really nice and unique aspect to the server! Something like this would really stand out in the sea of private servers.

And hell, if you want even more HP you can add 100 INT like people said earlier. You don't sacrifice a lot of damage. But, again, you get extra HP from the extra work you do

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    Kamairi
    Hero
    I think this is my favourite part of sku's suggestion tbh. It makes it possible to reach the same or similar HP goals with less base INT in many scenarios. So the gameplay sacrifice is lessened, while you have to put in more effort (voting AND doing the quest). I think it's a nice happy medium solution. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Its not necessarily more effort depending on how hard the quest is to complete. Doing the quest as it stands does not require any nx to gain MP. Whereas for a normal washer, they have to spend nx on adding base int (nx will be used to reset in the future) or mp wash.

A person doing the hypothetical quest if implemented will need to spend less nx to gain the same amount of hp as someone who purely washes.

To put things into perspective, an event is considered good for farming ap resets if you can get 2 per hour.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Kaeli

Kaeli Mano

Dec 15, 2020
    Female
    sauce (lost)
    Kaeli
    Ranger
    Asura
    Well that's the best part; depending if we can all agree on a solution like this, we can collaboratively decide what the right price would be (i.e. the 2m-3m mesos fee mentioned by OP). Once we decide what would be fair, the questing will become satisfying and people would want to continue doing it.

I'm not really following, this is a good thing, no? People can choose whether to play the game as intended while getting the perfect minimum amount of HP to properly enjoy the game. Do they want to put in extra effort and go over the threshold? Get that big 30k just for completionist sake? They will continue to HP wash the traditional way, this is why I also believe the votes for the server would not lessen. There will always be sweats, like Sku said.

A balance of both worlds, if you'd ask me.

9. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    As a new player I feel that the biggest turn off we face from washing is the amount of time needed to gather NX for washing. I know there's no easy way to fix this without shafting the older players who already spent years saving nx. I plan on maining a shadower, and even with the minimal amount of washing they need (I'm planning on washing from lvl 80-135 via mp washing into stale washing cause of mana restrictions) I've been able to get a lvl 129 bishop. Used that bishop to sell leech to get all my washing gear and more, yet I have maybe 1/20th the nx I need to wash what I want (which is only like 2-2.5k extra hp).

If I were someone who just started this server, and wanted to play a class that requires washing like NL or BM, and wanted to do it, I could probably get the 'starter bishop' to the 16x/17x before I had enough NX to wash.

I know my post is going to bring out all the ML Boomers who say the new people just don't want to have to work for their goals, but expecting a new player, who's downloading the game for the first time, to sideline a character for almost a year, just so the character isn't completely neutered for it's entire lifespan is kind of ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Why are you stale washing if you have access to fresh AP from lvls 135+? You only have to stale wash to get to an adequate hp floor, then you can slowly wash out the additional mp with fresh AP whenever you level up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I played the character to lvl 80 before I decided to wash, so at lvl 80: no base int/int equips/very little excess mp. I'm probably going to need to mp wash to get enough mp, so stale washing is what I'll need to do. If you're asking why I want the hp by lvl 135, it's because I'd be learning the bosses for the first time (never really bossed in GMS) so surviving a zakum/scar attack with 200-300 hp probably is going to result in me dying a lot. But thanks to having to wait months to actually wash, I will have my very own personal Res mule with me /s.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Are you really that unconfident in your own abilities to learn how to survive with excess hp that you’d be willing to prolong your washing for months?

By 135, an unwashed shad will have 3.4K hp. If you can’t survive Zak with meso guard and 4K hp, then suddenly the appeal of this thread makes all the more sense to me now. HP washing is not optional because of player skill issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    You really don't need to HP wash at all for zak especially on a shad. A level 135 thief should have around 3.4k HP (no equips & no washing) and that'll double from meso guard since you're a shad. I think zak hits around 2.8-3.2k magic damage so you'll be able to tank 2 shots before getting into the 200-300 hp range. Then if you add on stuff like monster book ring, ellin ring, pet equips, etc you can very easily pass 4k HP or even get past 5k if you max out the MB ring. That'll get you to 8-10k hp after meso guard which I think lets you tank zak body incase you nate into it.

14. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    Talking about washing a shad is probably the most annoying thing to talk about on this server, If I say I don't plan on washing much all the 'don't rely on meso guard to not get 1 hit' people come out; and if I say I do plan on washing 'oh you don't need to wash a shad cause of meso guard'. My individual circumstances really don't matter to my original argument. New players don't have a side account that's been sitting unused collecting NX incase they want to make a new character; and unless the new player plans on maining a mage, their main won't be able to participate in most bosses for 6-9 months, and not because they don't have the levels or gear. They wont be able to for the simple reason of them not having enough hp

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Who the hell is playing their shad without meso guard?
    Who says you have to save nx for 6-9 months?

Where are you getting this information?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I am not saying people play without meso guard, but you get told this because some bosses have dispel mechanics. TBH I know its a dumb argument cause half the time the person telling me this relies on HB to survive. I personally am mostly washing to just have a comfortable little hp buffer.

The saving for 6-9 months is not what I am doing. however it is what someone playing NL/BM/MM/sair will need to do if they want to wash it properly. and as for where I got the info, just go find a decent HP washing calculator, put in some reasonable hp for the above classes to have at 135/155 and you'll see that its easily over half a year of voting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I legitimately don't see how you don't understand this: (BTW these numbers are based off the thread you linked

-assuming 120 base int (low end of what they suggest) 116 apr = 2 months of voting
    -mp washing from 100-135 (they didn't give end level for mp washing so lets say 135 for bossing) 175 ap you need to wash out of mp = 3 months of voting
    -approx another 3.5 months of voting to wash 3500 hp in that method (since they are stale washing)

mind you this is only if you want to wash 3.5k extra hp

19. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    This makes me miss when leech capped out at around 16-18mil exp/hr with lower spawn skellies and people still paid 8mil split per hour for it. At least back then nobody thought it was reasonable to get a 16x attacker in a few months, especially one that could tank a bigfoot.

Now everyone racing to 200 with either poverty gear or mages and you can no longer get a perfect weapon by 18x off of HT kills

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You aren't waiting 6-9 months to play this account. You're playing this account starting from day 1 with 0 NX and can complete it in 6 months.
    Does 120 base int automatically make your character unplayable? You can wash out the base int on your own time.

• Agree Agree x 1